Overstay

can i go to any border e.g. laos myanmar, cambodia etc., pay 20,000, and re-enter? or better to go to an immigration office? i do have GOOD reasons for long overstay.

They aint worried about your Good reason. You are illegal, dont get caught before you get to a border, i seen geezers with 3 1/2 years overstay at the airport, 20,000 baht, no problem, i have also seen a guy in jail that was 1 day over but was unlucky enough to have a problem.

Good luck

hi bulldog, thanks for your patience-helping out here etc., yes i understand, but don't want to go to airport! have enough - 20,000 to pay overstay, and maybe about (at this stage 10,000 extra, but dont want to leave thailand, dont have enough for ticket "home". this is my "home" now. made one balls-p! want to be good boy now, pay overstay, do visa run, or pay at immigration office? and re-enter! not possible? thanks bulldog, arrow

Rumored is an increase of the maximum to 40,000 baht. They are likely to quiz you as a walker across the border, and a re- entry the same way. With good reason they'll be suspicious, as to your ability to comply with visa regulations henceforth.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if the Thai authorities tightened up the rules regarding overstay.  An overstay is a serious offence in many countries, not merely an avenue for outbound immigration to derive income.

Another over stay and you may not get a entry permit next time. The only course then would be to apply for a visa outside of country. The 3000 baht you paid was probably about a weeks work for him. The dowlry for such girl would normally be around 30G baht and he may think he could get

several 100G baht fom you besides running you every month to the boarder each month.

First off, this was a one-time deal. I wont be doing a border run again cause Ive applied for a Non-B in BKK. After obtaining that, Ill extent to 1 year, and have a work permit in days. No probs.

And yes, I know full well that the 3000 was alot to him. Wanted it to be. Im sure you know as well as I that Thais respond to money.

And mentioning the dowry and other shit is just ignorant.

With regards to a possible increase to 40K max for overstay... I seem to remember (correct me if wrong) that it was actually implemented some time ago. Then reduced back to 20K when it was discovered they were earning less money than before  ???

Seems people would stump up the 20K, but 40K? Apparently not...  :o

With regards to a possible increase to 40K max for overstay... I seem to remember (correct me if wrong) that it was actually implemented some time ago. Then reduced back to 20K when it was discovered they were earning less money than before  ???

Seems people would stump up the 20K, but 40K? Apparently not...  :o

Agreed, people would stay here forever if they had to fork over 40K