Briton Extradited To Australia On Drug, Money Laundering Charges

webfact

Briton extradited to Australia on drug, money laundering charges

The Criminal Court Friday extradited a Briton to Australia to face charges of drug trafficking and money laundering.

The court ruled to extradite James Henry Kinch or Seamus Kinch, who is also known as Jame Mccarthy, 53, to Australia as requested by the Australian government.

The Australian government said Thailand has an extradition treaty with the United Kingdom and Australia is a member of the Commonwealth of Nations so the Thai government should extradite Kinch

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2009/11/26

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

Not a very clear story by the Nation. "so the Thai government should extradite Kinch". "The Criminal Court Friday extradited a Briton to Australia"

Either way it seems these things are so easy to do when its ordinary citizens facing charges. When it's politicians facing charges then countries don't renew visas and ask them to leave' as in Takki's many flights from so called "democracies". Uk included .

Good to see that Thailand is moving on from becoming an Asian rock for criminals and undesirables to hide under. Sadly the problem will probably just move to lesser developed countries in the region and beyond.

But still, its good to see some hope for cleaning the streets of Pattaya and other places of all the scum.

Earlier this year a couple of Thai nationals alledgedly fled Australia back home after knifing to death an Australian good samaritan who got involved in a dust up. I wonder what the chances are of them being brought back for trial. Greater than 0 at least it seems.

There are often very different rules when it comes to extraditing citizens compared to foreign nationals in most countries.

If I was him I would contest the treaty, because the last modification and signature of that treaty was back in 1911, and according to the same treaty today it contains new offences that never existed in 1911.

Someone has made major modifications to it to allow to be extradited for basically any type of crime, which under international law, is deemed unsafe, as the document is simply a modification not agreed in parliment.

And if someone says this is BS, well back in 2004 UK tried to extradite me for Breach of Probation, only had 1 month left on it, I contested the treaty in court in Bangkok, and won the case.

Not a very clear story by the Nation. "so the Thai government should extradite Kinch". "The Criminal Court Friday extradited a Briton to Australia"

Either way it seems these things are so easy to do when its ordinary citizens facing charges. When it's politicians facing charges then countries don't renew visas and ask them to leave' as in Takki's many flights from so called "democracies". Uk included .

Well, it helps if the person is accused of something that would be considered a crime in the country that is being asked to extradite him. :D In the UK it's not a crime if the Prime Minister's wife buys land. :) Maybe a better comparison would be Rakesh Saxena? Do you know the name? Took 13 years to get him back, but they finally did. Now we can wait to see if they end up convicting him of anything. A lot of people who are very powerful now got money from his scams back then. I think now we'll see if any people who are powerful now were hurt by his scams back then. I take come satisfaction that his partner Krirkkiat is in jail for about 145 years. :D

Earlier this year a couple of Thai nationals alledgedly fled Australia back home after knifing to death an Australian good samaritan who got involved in a dust up. I wonder what the chances are of them being brought back for trial. Greater than 0 at least it seems.

There is very little chance. Thailand has the death penalty, Australia does not. The legal complexities are way too difficult. Have a chat to a well versed international law expert.

If I was him I would contest the treaty, because the last modification and signature of that treaty was back in 1911, and according to the same treaty today it contains new offences that never existed in 1911.

Someone has made major modifications to it to allow to be extradited for basically any type of crime, which under international law, is deemed unsafe, as the document is simply a modification not agreed in parliment.

And if someone says this is BS, well back in 2004 UK tried to extradite me for Breach of Probation, only had 1 month left on it, I contested the treaty in court in Bangkok, and won the case.

Good for you. But Autralia and Thailand do not, and never did have, a formal extradition treaty.

Well, it helps if the person is accused of something that would be considered a crime in the country that is being asked to extradite him. :D In the UK it's not a crime if the Prime Minister's wife buys land. :) Maybe a better comparison would be Rakesh Saxena? Do you know the name? Took 13 years to get him back, but they finally did. Now we can wait to see if they end up convicting him of anything. A lot of people who are very powerful now got money from his scams back then. I think now we'll see if any people who are powerful now were hurt by his scams back then. I take come satisfaction that his partner Krirkkiat is in jail for about 145 years. :D

Would the UK PMs wife be in deep strife if she purchased land from a UK government authority in dodgy circumstances ?

Thai court extradites suspected British drug dealer to Australia

BANGKOK, Nov 27 (TNA) - Thailand's Criminal Court ruled to extradite a 53-year-old British national accused of importing pseudoephedrine, a component chemical for making methamphetamine drug, to Australia.

Australian authorities had sought the extradition of James Henry Kinch, with outstanding arrest warrants on over 20 counts related to illicit drugs and money laundering in 2001.

He fled to Thailand in 2008 before being arrested on May 31, 2008.

Pratya Wichitpokin, the lawyer of defendant said he would appeal the extradition ruling within 15 days.

Mr Kinch was arrested in Australia on drug charges and served a jail term for armed robbery in England, said British news agency Reuters. (TNA)

tnalogo.jpg

-- TNA 2009/11/27

This just proves that there is some real nasty farang charactors hanging about here in Thailand.

Can not understand why the Thai authorities do not terminate the visa runs and vet all foreigners applying for long stay in Thailand.

One such action could be to impose that visa applicants submit a police document from their home countries that displays what is on criminal file or not on criminal file against them.

post-327-1259318294_thumb.jpg

Briton James Kinch, 50, arrives at the Criminal Court on Friday. Kinch was arrested here in May 2008 and now fighting with extradition request by Australian authorities, who accused him of bringing 600kg of drugs into Australia.//epa

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2009/11/27

Would the UK PMs wife be in deep strife if she purchased land from a UK government authority in dodgy circumstances ?

With respect, Dr. P, the circumstances were so un-dodgy that the court found no reason to anull the purchase (which they could have done if they thought that there really had been dodgy dealings). The then Mrs T. was allowed to keep the land.

They are still hiding out in Thailand I believe. Three Thai nationals that were living in Australia on Thai passports. They are well-connected Thais so they will not be extradited to Australia any time soon to face the punishment for murder they deserve.

Here is the link to the original story.

http://www.illawarramercury.com.au/news/lo...ts/1574932.aspx

Edited by Oberkommando

This just proves that there is some real nasty farang charactors hanging about here in Thailand.

Can not understand why the Thai authorities do not terminate the visa runs and vet all foreigners applying for long stay in Thailand.

One such action could be to impose that visa applicants submit a police document from their home countries that displays what is on criminal file or not on criminal file against them.

I doubt very much that criminals are concerned with their visa status, criminals after all tend to break the law. :)

There are some real nasty Thai characters hanging about in the West too, not much you can do about that I'm afraid without starting to infringe on peoples' human rights.

The real criminals will always find a way to beat the system, so you'd be fighting a losing battle.

↑ Some relevant replies at last.

This topic lost it's way with the first reply posted.

What does Takki Shenagra have to do with this story?

I'm sorry Mr Rip, you have obviously been asleep for the last 5 years. I dont see anything thats not relevant?! :) ?

So then, these two cases are related and have been so for the last five years?

Well, I must say I feel enlightened.

You are obviously the smartest man sitting in front of your computer!

Well if I am the only person in front of my computer, then obviously I am the smartest. Thats the second time you have convinced us you have no idea about logic (do a google...might help...but then again..)

To shut everyone up, a definition of a criminal, is somebody that breaks the law, does not matter which country you are in, and never been caught. And the offence could even be minor to major.

Even taking a pen out of the office you are working in, is theft.

Believe it or not over 76% of the world population are criminals, might never of been in court, but have broken the law. This is a well know fact, published at our friends the C.I.A.

Just by taking that lady back to your hotel, your breaking a thai law.

Yes she would and so would he.

^ Yeah, keep it non relevant. Like the chap who hopes that this non-event will lead to Pattaya streets getting cleaner.

Thaksin and Pattaya... is there anything else newsworthy on TV?

There are quite a lot of good posts here if you bother to look. Many of them helpful to many people. :)

"The Australian government said Thailand has an extradition treaty with the United Kingdom and Australia is a member of the Commonwealth of Nations so the Thai government should extradite Kinch"

So the Australian govt is claiming that UK legal agreements apply in Australia again - all I can say is WELCOME BACK.

Unfortunately whilst you have been away we have somehow been taken over by Europe but maybe, with your help, we can get the old empire back!

Some snippets from the Sydney Morning Herald to add some background to the story.

http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-news-world...91127-jwp4.html

<snip>

Kinch was arrested in Bangkok on May 31 last year just days before Australian Federal Police (AFP) in Sydney detained former NSW Crime Commission assistant director Mark Standen and food importer Bill Jalalaty.

The three were charged with conspiracy to import 600 kilograms of pseudoephedrine, the key ingredient in the manufacture of methamphetamines or ice.

<snip>

Australia does not have an extradition with Thailand but does have a prisoner exchange agreement.

<snip>

More background snippets from SMH news http://news.smh.com.au/national/former-nsw...80624-2voz.html

<snip>

As assistant director of investigations Standen wrote to authorities on behalf of convicted multi-million dollar drug smugglers Ian Hall Saxon and James Henry Kinch to appeal for their early release from jail, News Limited reported.

<snip>

It is understood Standen also recommended Kinch be released, the paper reported.

He is now in custody again in Thailand charged with conspiring to import drugs with Standen.

<snip>

Exactly - It says in the first sentence they extradited him like past tense, already done . Then in the last sentence it says they should extradite

him like future tense, like they probably will in the future. What's so unclear about that? Gee.

To shut everyone up, a definition of a criminal, is somebody that breaks the law, does not matter which country you are in, and never been caught. And the offence could even be minor to major.

Even taking a pen out of the office you are working in, is theft.

Believe it or not over 76% of the world population are criminals, might never of been in court, but have broken the law. This is a well know fact, published at our friends the C.I.A.

Just by taking that lady back to your hotel, your breaking a thai law.

Two consenting adults engage in a business transaction. One has an asset to rent, the other wishes to engage that asset. If an archaic law states that is illegal then so be it. The law has always been an ass and unfortunately as a member of its fraternity I admit my input to the Thai economy is a worthwhile journey with no remorse. :)

"The Australian government said Thailand has an extradition treaty with the United Kingdom and Australia is a member of the Commonwealth of Nations so the Thai government should extradite Kinch"

So the Australian govt is claiming that UK legal agreements apply in Australia again - all I can say is WELCOME BACK.

Unfortunately whilst you have been away we have somehow been taken over by Europe but maybe, with your help, we can get the old empire back!

.......................I don't know, it seems that China has grown a little fond of having Hong Kong back in the fold.