New Restaurant Na Jomtien At The Bend

gerry53

A bunch of us tried the Ding Dong Cafe at the south end of Jomtien Beach Road this week and it was good. If you are at this end of Jomtien Beach it has great New Zealand lamb, thai, and all types of farang dishes. It's right before the 90 degree turn between all the seafood specialty restaurants and is quite reasonable for food and drinks. I tried it for breakfast on my morning walk and besides being good was the only one open in the morning. Run by a Ozzie - Thai couple.

The Ding Dong cafe - bar had about 75 things on its menu with a mix of thai - farang foods. It had something for everyone and the seafood specialty restaurant ordered meat dishes for their customers who didn't want seafood. The seafood spagetti was loaded and a great deal at 120 baht.

T-Bone steaks were great quality and huge for 280 baht with all the trimmings, same price as the imported lamb. Nice view of the sunsets in the early evenings and a great place to kick back and relax.

Uthai the cook specializes in sausages that she makes on the second floor and gave me a few samples of regular and spicy. They were fantastic and I ended up packing 10 back to the condo as take away! Great with mashed spuds or on fresh bread.

Sorry guys but I have no personal interest what so ever in the restaurant at all. I did sit and have a good BS session with the owners and liked the food - sorry to ruin your commercial conspiracy theory. I pass by the restaurant every day in my activities and am not driving out from Pattaya. Incidentally it is about 20 metres before the 90 degree bend at the south end of Jomtien Road. You are foregiven bahtboy but I've noticed if anyone talks badly about a particular restaurant it doesn't draw the flak only when you talk well of one. Should one stick to negative comments only?

Sorry guys but I have no personal interest what so ever in the restaurant at all. I did sit and have a good BS session with the owners and liked the food - sorry to ruin your commercial conspiracy theory. I pass by the restaurant every day in my activities and am not driving out from Pattaya. Incidentally it is about 20 metres before the 90 degree bend at the south end of Jomtien Road. You are foregiven bahtboy but I've noticed if anyone talks badly about a particular restaurant it doesn't draw the flak only when you talk well of one. Should one stick to negative comments only?

sorry gerry, I love when people point out new places, but you just had too much info no to seem involved and then that is dirty pool if you owned it. I will give it a try one of these days, thanks

Not a problem Lost in LOS, you couldn't pay me enough to open a business in the Jomtien - Pattaya area, never mind risking my hard earned capital. My best wishes and luck to anyone who tries though, especially in the bar - restaurant industry.

Edited by gerry53