Honda Pcx

alexth

then Honda must be retarded providing a switch on right side of handlebar to disable one of its main selling points :D

actually I find it intellegent by Honda to do so, realizing battery problems may occure with idlestop.

So Honda knew it was a wank from the get go :):D .

The other things you list, dont know if they are worth the Premium to be honest.

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

then Honda must be retarded providing a switch on right side of handlebar to disable one of its main selling points :D

actually I find it intellegent by Honda to do so, realizing battery problems may occure with idlestop.

The other things you list, dont know if they are worth the Premium to be honest.

thats what I said in post #186

But I reckon of I only keep it for a yearandhalf it sells at 55k, making the cost of having it equal to Elegance

@ katabeachbum:

How much did you pay for the PCX?

71k all included + 200 baht refundable redplate deposit

I paid 71k, too, but no redplate deposit.

Which type of gasoline do you recommend 91, 91Gsh, 95 or 95Gsh? Which brings the best performance?

a 125 cc doesnt perform very well anyway, but on my Ninja 650r I use 95 E10 gasohol since its less expensive. PCXi can also run 95 E20 gasohol.

I am not able to measure any difference in performance or milage between 91 gasoline or 95 gasohol E10 in my 2008 Accord 2,4 or Ninja 650r, so i dont waste money on more expensive 91 gasoline. However I have read E20 reduces power and milage, so i dont use it.

@ katabeachbum:

How much did you pay for the PCX?

71k all included + 200 baht refundable redplate deposit

I paid 71k, too, but no redplate deposit.

Which type of gasoline do you recommend 91, 91Gsh, 95 or 95Gsh? Which brings the best performance?

a 125 cc doesnt perform very well anyway, but on my Ninja 650r I use 95 E10 gasohol since its less expensive. PCXi can also run 95 E20 gasohol.

I am not able to measure any difference in performance or milage between 91 gasoline or 95 gasohol E10 in my 2008 Accord 2,4 or Ninja 650r, so i dont waste money on more expensive 91 gasoline. However I have read E20 reduces power and milage, so i dont use it.

I thought E20 Gasohol is not yet available in Phuket? If I'm wrong please let me know where to find it.

Thanks

I thought E20 Gasohol is not yet available in Phuket? If I'm wrong please let me know where to find it.

Thanks

I didnt read KataBB's post as saying it was available.

You are probably right but it would still be good to know if E20 is available in Phuket or not.

Thanks

I didnt read KataBB's post as saying it was available.

You are probably right but it would still be good to know if E20 is available in Phuket or not.

never seen E20 in Phuket, and the reduced power and milage does not make me look for it. I have tryed it on my 2008 Accord 2,4, but did not make accurate tests on performance or milage.

According to Volvo, the pioneer in LOS on E85 in co op with Ptt, says E20 reduces power and milage and E85 reduces power and milage with approx 40%.

Volvo and Ford share a 2,0/145hp gasoline engine (developed by Yamaha), and while Volvo says it can run E10 Ford says it can run E20 also. To be on the safe side, I run E10 if LOS distributor says E20 compatible. Honda, Ford, Benz etc.

Edit hey we r off topic, back to pcxi

Edited by katabeachbum

It will be good to see any mods that come out for the pcx. If the injection can be remapped for a bit more power that would be a bonus. I am definatley on the look out for some after-market adjustable rear shocks. Honda definatley over looked that one.

12,000 km/year, and I find myself in the wrong gear (counting six and neutral) maybe 2 or 3 times a week - not often. I still prefer manual. But I understand the mindless comfort of automatic.

What about the mindless safety of an automatic.

Surely you don't think about gear changing when you've been doing it a long while. It becomes just as "mindless" as riding an automatic but far less safe because in emergency situations you don't have time to think about the gears when in fact you must.

Mindless safety?  What engine braking?  And if you need more power, at least on the bikes I ride, a simple toe tap-no clutch required-gets you back into the meat of the power.

It will be good to see any mods that come out for the pcx. If the injection can be remapped for a bit more power that would be a bonus. I am definatley on the look out for some after-market adjustable rear shocks. Honda definatley over looked that one.

the engine does not seem to have knock sensor, so it should be possible to remap injection/ignition to run 95 octane only. would normally gain 7-10% over 91 octane. but thats a lot of work for 1 horsepower :)

the engine does not seem to have knock sensor, so it should be possible to remap injection/ignition to run 95 octane only. would normally gain 7-10% over 91 octane. but thats a lot of work for 1 horsepower :)

I had the same issues when I had my Mazda Miata sports cars. When I had the first one supercharged, the engine was set up to use only high octane fuel. When I had the supercharger removed I had the engine setup the way it had been revamped to and kept using high octane fuel. Later on, I got the 2002 Special edition model which called for high octane fuel. The dealerships told me there was a slight performance advantage with the timing set to take advantage of higher octane fuel but I got the impression it was only good for a couple of horsepower which would have been about 1 to 2 %. Does one really see 7-10 % improvement with a small motorbike?

Just got home with my new silver PCX :)

Got it parked next to my NSR150SP and the PCX still looks big! I'm not a small guy and it's nice to have a scooter that fits at last.

Good choice Gippy, I think it's the best small bike on the market here right now bar none, let us know your impressions.

thats what I said in post #186

But I reckon of I only keep it for a yearandhalf it sells at 55k, making the cost of having it equal to Elegance

You really think someone would by an 18 month old Pcx for 55k?

A big problem here is that your 55k will easily purchase a decent brand new scooter. By that time you'll have to compete with an improved new model too. The Pcx is going to be very easy to improve upon. Motorcycle auctions are also taking a lot of value off used bikes these days.

I reckon you'd be lucky to sell it for 40k after 18 months of normal use.

Edited by tropo

Some countries don't have a 'lights-on-in-daytime' regulation. In the Philippines, for example, lights are off in the daytime. The same models you see in Thailand have light on-off switches in the Philippines. Perhaps they're thinking of other markets.

OK. So I rented out a Honda PCX for a month, just to make sure if it's what I want. Bottomline is...GREAT BIKE!!! Rides smooth, very comfortable, great acceleration, stability, incredibly low fuel consumption, not mentioning the design of the bike which makes all the other motorbikes look like a joke, really. I was really impressed.

Just got home with my new silver PCX :)

Got it parked next to my NSR150SP and the PCX still looks big! I'm not a small guy and it's nice to have a scooter that fits at last.

Good choice Gippy, I think it's the best small bike on the market here right now bar none, let us know your impressions.

I'm very impressed so far after a couple of short runs, rain has stopped played for the day now. It's smooth, quiet, powerful and the ride is great. It's light years ahead of our Fino. The wife loves it as it's comfortable on the back and it's the only PCX we have seen in our part of town :D

Some countries don't have a 'lights-on-in-daytime' regulation. In the Philippines, for example, lights are off in the daytime. The same models you see in Thailand have light on-off switches in the Philippines. Perhaps they're thinking of other markets.

Likewise Cambodia,having your lights on during daylight is the BiB,s biggest income earner. :D

picked my (silver) PCX up last Fri....

I purposly drove my pal's Nouvou Excellence just prior to picking the PCX up, for a true back to back comparison...

Its like comaring a 1974 Hillman Avenger to a New Audi....

The PCX is bang up to date, rides like a dream and is small enough to nip in and out of the traffic, but is big and enough and chunky enough to feel safe on the Sukomvit...

Easily the best scooter in THailand - bar none....

I would also like to go for a pcx but i dot like the brown seat. I will have to wait unti it is available in black - black :)

Almost bought a new PCX today, (70,000 with the "discount" of like 2k baht) but I have yet to try a honda CBR-150 and hear rave reviews about this bike. The PCX is a beast of a scooter, and you can tell just by looking at it that it is of a much higher quality than (almost ?) any other scooter out there. I was set on a CBR-150 but I will have to take the PCX for a test drive tomorrow and see how I like it. It is nice and much bigger than you might expect!

OK. So I rented out a Honda PCX for a month, just to make sure if it's what I want. Bottomline is...GREAT BIKE!!! Rides smooth, very comfortable, great acceleration, stability, incredibly low fuel consumption, not mentioning the design of the bike which makes all the other motorbikes look like a joke, really. I was really impressed.

bought the pcx after a test drive (72500 including the two year theft and a helmet) it's great and I have to say the same as this person :)

the standby mode works a lot better than I thought it would too. Huge trunk compared to other bikes and very nice design. Would buy again!

bought the pcx after a test drive (72500 including the two year theft and a helmet) it's great and I have to say the same as this person :)

the standby mode works a lot better than I thought it would too. Huge trunk compared to other bikes and very nice design. Would buy again!

I was in the main Honda showroom in Chaiyaphum just before the weekend. Was quoted 68.900.- baht with a helmet, jacket, glowes, shades (and 1.100 baht worth of fuel???). And insurance and 2 years teft warranty. My father in law insists that I should also be able to get a couple of thousand off when paying cash.

Have anyone got any better price than this?

Cheers

Nana

I would also like to go for a pcx but i dot like the brown seat. I will have to wait unti it is available in black - black :)

why not buy one and then change the seat into whatever colour that you like?

might be a possibility but how to change the brown side covering?

why not buy one and then change the seat into whatever colour that you like?

might be a possibility but how to change the brown side covering?

I felt the same about the colour scheme as you, but bought a Black PCX anyway, I figured I could change the brown at some point. I have no regrets after 1900kms, the bike is in a class of it's own in this market space.

To change the seat is cheap and easy, and all upper brown panels can be swapped for factory 'carbon fibre' look. That only leaves the lower side panels which should be easy enough to paint.