Honda Pcx

alexth

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

gay meaning happy- sure we are...

I have to say that this bike is far more comfortable than any other small bike out there... For me atleast...

Sure i would rather ride my former zx12r to seven eleven but that is not good, is it?

Remember the days when the pain of going slow on big bikes... Over now... The size of the pcx makes it more stable than other small toys... Before i used to like my waves/mios/nouvos but not any more...

Gay looking? Maybe.... Gay riders? Only the happy ones....

Riding aroud town on my bike makes me very "happy"

No idea about the bke, but what surprises me about it (apart from the length of this thread) are the numbers already for sale second-hand around Pattaya despite the relatively short time it has been available. Strange.

Ya know, I'd like to have a BMW 800GS. But it's $10,000 more in Thailand than here in Canada. That's just not going to fly -- since I don't have lots of cash to spread around. Another thing is going to the top of the soi for some cigs in an 800GS is overkill. Jumping on a PCX makes more sense, especially since most of one's trips are simply bog standard errands in tight confines.

So when I finally move to LOS later this year, my first motorized transport will be the cheapest and easiest, namely the gay PCX.

Although, I can't say I like the hectares of plastic, it sounds like a good all-round cig fetcher.

PS Thanks snowflake for the pix.

Edited by Kaoboi Bebobp

So when I finally move to LOS later this year, my first motorized transport will be the cheapest and easiest, namely the gay PCX.

Although, I can't say I like the hectares of plastic, it sounds like a good all-round cig fetcher.

suzuki step 125cc auto is faster/stronger up the hills, cost less than half, better legroom and has less plastic :)

No idea about the bke, but what surprises me about it (apart from the length of this thread) are the numbers already for sale second-hand around Pattaya despite the relatively short time it has been available. Strange.

What's more surprising is the number of non-owners with 'No idea about the bike' that seem intent of posting anything negative they can at every opportunity.

I've been a very happy owner for the last six months, and I would contend that the vast majority of owners with experience of the bike would be positive about it too !

The length of the thread is merely a vindication of the interest in the bike !

What's more surprising is the number of non-owners with 'No idea about the bike' that seem intent of posting anything negative they can at every opportunity.

I've been a very happy owner for the last six months, and I would contend that the vast majority of owners with experience of the bike would be positive about it too !

The looks/size/weight/price and Hondas bragging about PCX specs make people expect much. After all its just another 125cc scoot. Better in some aspects, not as good in some.

suzuki step 125cc auto is faster/stronger up the hills, cost less than half, better legroom and has less plastic :D

:)

What did you smoke??

Usually who always talk gay this gay that, is a latent omosex

Rode one again for a while the other day and I agree that the handling, power and braking are great but it feels too small for me, the lump in the seat is uncomfortable and my knee's and arms are too high, My airblade is still more comfortable.

Maybe taking the seat hump off might improve it. I still think it looks too much like the Tmax type though.

suzuki step 125cc auto is faster/stronger up the hills, cost less than half, better legroom and has less plastic :D

:D

What did you smoke??

I dont smoke :)

Got PCX and Step in my garage, and the step is just stronger up the hills and faster off the line. PCX is much more comfy though

i think we all can agree that the PCX is not the fastest bike out there...but ride one for a week and then jump on a nouvo/step/whatever and tell me that the PCX is not more comfortable... Sure you have to modify the seat... I started the day i got it and now i am done...

I like it more and more and it just feels bigger and more stable for me...

Each for his own, but if you havent ridden one, take it for a test spin...

What did you smoke??

Actually I agree.. The suzuki 125's (ridden a sky wave or sky something most recently so thats what I am thinking of) really fly along.

Rode one again for a while the other day and I agree that the handling, power and braking are great but it feels too small for me, the lump in the seat is uncomfortable and my knee's and arms are too high, My airblade is still more comfortable.

Maybe taking the seat hump off might improve it. I still think it looks too much like the Tmax type though.

I too felt awkward on it, and in part blame the seat hump. I have seen them without the hump but never ridden one.

The hump stopped me moving back on the seat and getting the right sizing, so I felt kinda knock knee'd and elbows in. Maybe its easier for those 6 ft and under.

I too felt awkward on it, and in part blame the seat hump. I have seen them without the hump but never ridden one.

The hump stopped me moving back on the seat and getting the right sizing, so I felt kinda knock knee'd and elbows in. Maybe its easier for those 6 ft and under.

I m 179 which should be 6 feet, but as I said previously even a very small Step has more legroom due to the pcx seat hump. only 300 baht to remove it though, but then it doesnt look like a T max anymore :)

Right it appears that a lots here ride bikes..

Hope someone can advise me, I buy a new D-Max every 3 years + have an older Audi A6, other than my 5 dogs no one has ever been in the Audi, and over the past 2 years drive it less and less, drove just under 5,000km in the past 2 years… Have been thinking about selling it and getting a bike..

Live out in the sticks so would be used only for going to markets and shops, nearest shop 7/11 is 3km away, Tesco Express 6km, Vets 5 km., maybe as far as Bang Yai 15km..

I like the look of the Honda PCX seen a few, Only done reading on websites about bikes and scooters so this is where I need advice.. I am 1.89 [6’3”] and 130kg + size 48 [13 UK size] feet.. I am not worried about the weight as you see 3 + Thais on bikes, but my height and feet size…

I had a Vespa Scooter in the 1960’s and in the 70’s in the South of France had a Honda 125 for 2 years.. I remember at the time I felt a lot safer on the Vespa Scooter than I ever did on the Honda 125..

Please any advice on what would be a good Scooter here ? must be Auto start + Auto gears, the Honda PCX just looks a better bike for my size ?

The last time I was on a bike was about 34 years ago… Sorry next question.. I do not have a Thai bike license, I used my UK drivers license for my car license here which has not a motorbike license on.. I do have a German + Dutch + French + Portuguese license with motorbike Full license on, can I use one of these? To get a Thai Bike one?

Right it appears that a lots here ride bikes..

Hope someone can advise me, I buy a new D-Max every 3 years + have an older Audi A6, other than my 5 dogs no one has ever been in the Audi, and over the past 2 years drive it less and less, drove just under 5,000km in the past 2 years… Have been thinking about selling it and getting a bike..

Live out in the sticks so would be used only for going to markets and shops, nearest shop 7/11 is 3km away, Tesco Express 6km, Vets 5 km., maybe as far as Bang Yai 15km..

I like the look of the Honda PCX seen a few, Only done reading on websites about bikes and scooters so this is where I need advice.. I am 1.89 [6'3"] and 130kg + size 48 [13 UK size] feet.. I am not worried about the weight as you see 3 + Thais on bikes, but my height and feet size…

I had a Vespa Scooter in the 1960's and in the 70's in the South of France had a Honda 125 for 2 years.. I remember at the time I felt a lot safer on the Vespa Scooter than I ever did on the Honda 125..

Please any advice on what would be a good Scooter here ? must be Auto start + Auto gears, the Honda PCX just looks a better bike for my size ?

The last time I was on a bike was about 34 years ago… Sorry next question.. I do not have a Thai bike license, I used my UK drivers license for my car license here which has not a motorbike license on.. I do have a German + Dutch + French + Portuguese license with motorbike Full license on, can I use one of these? To get a Thai Bike one?

The PCX is sure a good and modern bike , as another choice there is also the Tiger Gmax 150 cc . It may not have the start stop automatic but it delivers good power and comfort ( and has some great underseat storage). The Tiger Gmax is actually a PGO Scooter you'll find more info here: http://www.tigersachsclub.com/tproducts.html .

If you looking for a Vespa there is a 125 cc( i think ) Vespa which is built in Vietnam available for 99000 THB . They had a stand on the Bitec Motorshow march 2010 .

Hope that helps,

Tiger/Sachs Club - Mbox

hi, i am 187 high and weigh just a tad bit less than you...

The pcx is very good for errands and comuting... I find it more stable and more comfortable than the other bikes out there... With your height you would have to remove the hump... Ps... If you intend to keep the bike for a long time, make them cut off the two plastic holes where you bolt down the hump... Once those are gone, fill in more foam and it will be super good... Look at my pictures...

I ride with my legs crossed over sometimes, i can sit anyway i want to...

Ps... You can not ride on any license other than a propper thai one... Internationals and foreign licenses are good for only check points, but if something bad happens... Good luck and get ready to pay...

Getting a thai bike license is very easy and it will cost you 105b... Go and get one!

No idea about the bike, but what surprises me about it (apart from the length of this thread) are the numbers already for sale second-hand around Pattaya despite the relatively short time it has been available. Strange.

Seconded.

Very comfortable bike. If l want a racer, l buy a racer.

Some one said lots for sale, perhaps they can't afford the payments eh. Or the number of drunk farags now using tuk tuk's down south as the BiB is having a crackdown. :)

And "thirded", TA. I didn't say anything positive or negative about it, since as I said I have "no idea about the bike", but looking at the whole thing based on the posts here I find it a bit difficult to understand how to justify it being some 50% more than the competition unless it is 50% better; unless, of course, being 50% more expensive than the competition is the attraction, which is perfectly possible in Thailand!

I m 179 which should be 6 feet, but as I said previously even a very small Step has more legroom due to the pcx seat hump. only 300 baht to remove it though, but then it doesnt look like a T max anymore :)

As I said easier for those like yourself 6 ft and under..

I am nearer 190cm with long legs.. Just felt bunched up on a pcx in a way I dont on some others. I have never ridden one without the seat lump tho.

Ignis,

I've never ridden a PCX so cannot pass judgement one way or another on them. I've had a Nouvo Elegance for the past 2 years and am very happy with it. I'm not as tall as you but a mate of mine who is 2m (6'6") and cannot fit onto Airblades, Clicks e.t.c due to his knees fouling the handlebars, found the Nouvo fitted him fine. He used it for a couple of months, mostly 2 up and never complained. dam_n sight cheaper than a PCX at around 52-55k new and secondhand for about 35k.

Cheers,

Pikey.

Ignis,

I've never ridden a PCX so cannot pass judgement one way or another on them. I've had a Nouvo Elegance for the past 2 years and am very happy with it. I'm not as tall as you but a mate of mine who is 2m (6'6") and cannot fit onto Airblades, Clicks e.t.c due to his knees fouling the handlebars, found the Nouvo fitted him fine. He used it for a couple of months, mostly 2 up and never complained. dam_n sight cheaper than a PCX at around 52-55k new and secondhand for about 35k.

Cheers,

Pikey.

Yeah the NE I found more size compatible than the PCX but again thats PCX with a seat lump, I might find without one I can slide back that bit more and settle on it.

Thanks, will have to go around and have a look at a number of different ones..

Strange ? looking on the websites over the past few weeks, I had narrowed it down to the Honda PCX or the Suzuki-sky-drive-125 fuel-injection CVT .. yet no one has mentioned the Suzuki-sky-drive-125 ?? looks more like a scooter + is cheaper @ 48,900 baht than the PCX and the Nouvo Elegance.

The PCX just appeared in Tesco Express parking lot bigger than the other 20 odd bikes there, and maybe better for a big old guy ?

Anyone have a Suzuki-sky-drive-125 ?

Ignis,

Cheers,

Pikey.

There's always tradeoffs. One of my buddies here at the condo jokingly refers to the PCX as a "Fat Ass motorbike" meaning that it's designed for guys who are "Pretty large". Then again, my buddy fits his own "fat ass" definition pretty well. For me the PCX would offer bigger tires than the Nouvo or just about anything else in its class and that means a better ride, greater stability, and for me especially in my area better going over all the speed bumps. Also...the 6 liter fuel capacity represents a definite improvement over the 4 liters in the Air Blade and 4.8 liters in the Nouvo Elegance. Can't say for sure as I've never driven the PCX but greater weight and girth, and larger tires, is going to have definite disadvantages. Example in point, there is no way a PCX could have squeezed between the cars and motorbikes I squeezed through today on my Nouvo Elegance and I doubt the PCX will have the acceleration my Nouvo Elegance has. And I most definitely can strap on more large items with Bunge cords or haul more bags of groceries due to the hook in front of me. So I suppose its a matter of apples and oranges. Both are good. It just depends what appeals to the buyer---a smoother riding and perhaps safer bike offering superior comfort or a more agile slimmer machine that is more versatile...even down to the fact that for short distances at least I can put my girlfriend behind me and a big guy as well due to the general robustness of the Nouvo Elegance and its long wide seat with no humps on it. I'd rate it a tossup and when you factor in the fact that the PCX costs nearly 20,000 baht more (nearly 40 %) the Nouvo Elegance still is top dog.

For me the PCX would offer bigger tires than the Nouvo or just about anything else in its class and that means a better ride, greater stability, and for me especially in my area better going over all the speed bumps.

How does a little 14 inch wheel do that over a 16 or 17 found on other scooters ?

Edited by LivinLOS

For me the PCX would offer bigger tires than the Nouvo or just about anything else in its class and that means a better ride, greater stability, and for me especially in my area better going over all the speed bumps.

How does a little 14 inch wheel do that over a 16 or 17 found on other scooters ?

That is a point. More centrifugal force with the larger diameter tires and a little longer contact space to the street. However.....those PCX tires seem quite large. Just look at a PCX sitting next to a CBR and the PCX tires seem larger. One definitely gets the impression this thing's going to have the same stability as a motorcycle.

my very good friend owns the local suzuki dealership and she made me ride her bikes... She tried to push them on me but i just cant get my head around it to buy one...

I love my PCX... But I have modified it

There's always tradeoffs. One of my buddies here at the condo jokingly refers to the PCX as a "Fat Ass motorbike" meaning that it's designed for guys who are "Pretty large". Then again, my buddy fits his own "fat ass" definition pretty well. For me the PCX would offer bigger tires than the Nouvo or just about anything else in its class and that means a better ride, greater stability, and for me especially in my area better going over all the speed bumps. Also...the 6 liter fuel capacity represents a definite improvement over the 4 liters in the Air Blade and 4.8 liters in the Nouvo Elegance. Can't say for sure as I've never driven the PCX but greater weight and girth, and larger tires, is going to have definite disadvantages. Example in point, there is no way a PCX could have squeezed between the cars and motorbikes I squeezed through today on my Nouvo Elegance and I doubt the PCX will have the acceleration my Nouvo Elegance has. And I most definitely can strap on more large items with Bunge cords or haul more bags of groceries due to the hook in front of me. So I suppose its a matter of apples and oranges. Both are good. It just depends what appeals to the buyer---a smoother riding and perhaps safer bike offering superior comfort or a more agile slimmer machine that is more versatile...even down to the fact that for short distances at least I can put my girlfriend behind me and a big guy as well due to the general robustness of the Nouvo Elegance and its long wide seat with no humps on it. I'd rate it a tossup and when you factor in the fact that the PCX costs nearly 20,000 baht more (nearly 40 %) the Nouvo Elegance still is top dog.

JC, there's nothing new here that you haven't posted before aside from the 'Fat Ass' comments. It's obvious you think the Nouvo Elegance is the bike of the moment in the same way you think the Mazda MX5 is the best sportscar in the world bar none. But I have to pick you up on a couple of points:

1. You need to ride the bike instead of continually coming out with crap like:

"Can't say for sure as I've never driven the PCX but greater weight and girth, and larger tires, is going to have definite disadvantages. Example in point, there is no way a PCX could have squeezed between the cars and motorbikes I squeezed through today on my Nouvo Elegance and I doubt the PCX will have the acceleration my Nouvo Elegance has"

"or a more agile slimmer machine that is more versatile"

the above comments having the inference that the PCX is unsuited to riding in traffic. I have ridden Click's, Waves and Airblades and I can assure you from first hand experience there is no discernable difference in versatility between them. The PCX doesn't feel any wider to a competent rider and has better acceleration. In summary - The PCX is totally usable and as versatile in traffic as any of the other small autos.

2." I'd rate it a tossup and when you factor in the fact that the PCX costs nearly 20,000 baht more"

Actually the PCX is available from 69,000 and an NE with Mags costs 55,000 so that's a difference of 14,000. An NE with mags would be the closest comparison but even if the difference were 20,000 I think there would still be plenty of takers, for me the NE was never on my shopping list, it looks staid and too much like a standard moped.

Sure the PCX is more expensive, but then a BMW 3 series is more expensive than a Ford Focus.......I know which one I'd choose.

Totally agree.

I think Honda has produced a good looking bike that is different from the rest, to stand out from the crowd, and it does. People who want to 'be seen', be different will pay the extra, whether a bike, car or a face lift, they will pay.

There for people that dream, but cannot go to the Silverwing Scooter almost 700,000 baht

or the Forza Scooter @ 350,000 baht..

post-42643-1275458901_thumb.jpg

post-42643-1275458913_thumb.jpg