New Pizza&pasta Place

highonthai

Went to Pizza & Pasta last night. Had a large ham and mushroom pizza. The few slices I couldn't finish last night, I just nuked in the microwave and had them for lunch today.

This is the best pizza I've had in Chiang Mai (the others I've had include the usual supsects - Duke's, Buonissimo, Parasite Pizza, Pum Pui's, La Villa, Koh Lanta, Rustica...)

If you're a pizza fan, then check this place out.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 6 months later...

In case anyone comes back to this thread, P&P has moved and now on two sites, one the next ring road out again, on the junction of the Canal Road and the south of CM road up the mountain to Samoeng, and the other is in San Sai, so I hear.

Great for us who live out here on the 'rings of Saturn', and I suppose it would cost more if he had to pay more rent in town. The quality of life is great out here, wouldn't swap it for the city.

Edited by johnsjourney

I just did a taste test of both kinds of pizza with my Thai staff. I must admit, they were both luke-warm by the time I tried them, but normally I prefer pizza when it is not so hot.

My staff did not like either kind; They all prefer Pizza Hut and Pizza Company.

I prefer the Duke's pie, but I also enjoyed the Pizza and Pasta pizza. They are quite different. Pizza and Pasta is very much like Paradise Pizza, bready, but not as heavy.

The Duke's has a very thin, but tasty crust and it is not hard like a cracker like the Italian ones.

I much prefered the Duke's pepperoni and sausage to the other pepperoni and sausage , but maybe some people would not agree with me.

I do think that both places are worth checking out, but, IMHO, reports that this pizza is much better than the Duke's are exaggerated.

gotta give a shout out for Paradise Pizza on ratchawithi, been going there since i found it, its the closest to NY style in Thailand since i lived in Flushing, NY a very long time ago.

Get there when its fresh, 99 baht for 2 slices and a soda.

gotta give a shout out for Paradise Pizza on ratchawithi, been going there since i found it, its the closest to NY style in Thailand since i lived in Flushing, NY a very long time ago.

Get there when its fresh, 99 baht for 2 slices and a soda.

I agree - Paradise pizza is great. In my opinion, the pizza has always been good but in the last year or so it has improved considerably. :thumbsup:

...also like to add that for those that get reflux after eating at pizza co, do to all the baking powder they use to rise the dough, you won't get acid reflux at paradise pizza. A definate plus for me.

...also like to add that for those that get reflux after eating at pizza co, do to all the baking powder they use to rise the dough, you won't get acid reflux at paradise pizza. A definate plus for me.

No one uses baking powder in pizza dough. Your acid reflux is more likely due to the acidity of the sauce and toppings.

No, its from the cheap flour. I get the same thing from various baked goods that are cooked to quickly.

Probably not. More than likely it is the additives and the hydrogenated cheap oils that they use in their products. Same thing goes if you've ever had a bottled salad dressing and you wonder why it keeps coming back at you. Too many ingredients on the label.

It is, its the cheap thai flour they use, when i bake brownies i have the same problem when i use 'swan' brand, if the tray is too deep and the temperature too high to cook it all the way through.

I only get it with things made from cheap flour.

I'm going to have to disagree again with you here. Thailand grows no wheat. More than likely Pizza Company and Pizza Hut use a better quality of wheat than what is locally available and directly imports it from Australia or the US .

I'm not saying that you don't have a problem with Pizza Company or Pizza Hut pizza. I'm just thinking that you should dig deeper than the flour.

Many of the large conglomerate chain restaurants have become over reliant on food additives and enhancers. There is always something to be said for making things fresh and with simple ingredients.

I did notice from a quick google search that chocolate is not one of the foods that you should eat if you have this problem. They suggested carob chips.

Edited by getgoin

After another quick check I found that wheat causes acid reflux. Sorry about that.

Evidently the gluten can cause some problems. In your particular case, good pizza dough is made with high gluten flour, usually hard wheat. So by Pizza Company and Pizza Hut using good quality wheat, high gluten flour, which is used in bread type doughs, it causes you to react more.

no problem, i also get it from baked goods in the refrigerated section of 7-11.

But i don't know if i agree about pizza co. using high quality flour :) I always figured the difference between their thin crust and thick crust was the amount of baking powder they use to make it rise.

nothing like buying flour from the lowest bidder. ;)

anyway to get back on track, i'm sure the new pizza and pasta place uses superior flour to that of pizza co.