Thaksin Orders Control Of SIM Cards

george

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the som tam lady told me that there was a new Shin sim that could be implanted just under the skin above the ear

As its Bluetooth it can transmit and receive small signals that can be heard by the ear drum - so no need for a phone either

you can also do your E-banking and download your favourite ring tones or MP3 - directly into your head

As there will be hot zones in all department stores, freeways, cafe's etc - you can do your business and at the same time be tracked and recorded anywhere

Once the "Shin sim is in" satellite tracker is put into service none can escape

However the plan has flaws as well as the tin foil beany with again be fashionable

Chalk it up along side the ELITE card thanks

:o

What a hickhack.

Ok no complaint here. Where i come from (Germany), you had to show your I.D. or passport from the first day pre-paid SIM's were available. Not only to curb mis-use, but mainly because even pre-paid SIM's were sold with subsidised handsets, something so far in Thailand only CDMA-powered Hutch came up with.

However, here in Thailand people are used to NOT to need that. And therefor it creates nothing but hassle.

And what will it do for the south? NOTHING.

Because the terrorists can still buy THOUSANDS of SIM's right now, and have six months time to trigger bombs with them.

And after six months? Well, remote control toy cars also make good triggers with some 20 meters range, more if a more powerfull sender is used. Oh, we can also register remote controlled toys, sure.

The good old alarm clock is also a good trigger, well approved over time. A digital clock even works without sound! WHO said we need to regulate the sale of those, and owners should please bring their clocks along with a passport/I.D.card copy to the next alarm clock registration office?

(i could continue, but i don't want to give any new ideas to terrorists about how to make a register-proof bomb)

Still my advise for everyone concerned about mobile-phone triggered bombs: Get a cell phone jammer, widely available on the internet. carry it with you (the device is the size of a pack of cigarettes, minus the annoying pictures), or have it always in your car/motorbike when you're on the road. It doesn't prevent from bullets fired out of old-fashioned handguns, but in a range of 10-50 meters around the device (depending on model) no cellphone, therefor no cellphone triggered bomb, will work.

Oh and befor i forget, someone mentioned it previously in the other thread... YES, you need to carry a TRANSMITTER which emitts oh-so-dangerous electromagnetic rays. Guys, get the facts before giving BS. My own grandfather was working as a telecommunications technician, working ON ANTENNAS OF RADIO STATIONS while they were LIFE, and that was 40 years ago, some kilowatts on the structure and my grandfather as being on the tower being actually part of the transmitter! He died two years ago a peacefull death, healthy as a newborn, at age 84. So much to the danger of electromagnetic rays! And if you're too scared of the device, well, don't use it and see if your non-electromagnetized body can stand the blast of that bomb. Sorry, if i'm offending here but it is those stupid comments w/o any background knowledge that make me furious (yes, i have a bit of radio/HF knowledge myself, being OP of former 13 DAA 510 and grandson of DL 6 DP, one of the first HAM on air after WW2 in germany).

Kind regards....

Thanh

Man, you people have no idea of the enormous frickin headache this is going to be for all users. They are talking of mobile phones here mind you, and those who purchase sim cards and those recording your ID is going to have major implications.

First off, every sim card has a code number and then the hidden code number. Each one is frickin different. They have it for 50 Baht, 90 Baht, 100 baht, 200 Baht, 500 Baht and a 1,000 Baht. Every single card is different.

Now say I went to purchase a 100 Baht card, show my fricking ID, then have to scratch off the serial numbers, then show it to them, and they record my ID and serial number. Next time I get another card same process again. One can buy a bunch at one time and you got to record every single sim card. Shitto to Thailand.

Now they have my ID, and serial number. So I use this phone and some frickin bomb goes off. That phone signal cannot be traced at that instant of time to that bomb cause there is no frickin way they can get that bomb device back together since it is blown up to itty bits let alone know its phone number. There may be 10 million using the phone at that instant of time.

Also that record will be subject to theft and many here in Thailand are excellent in forging even ID's.

If they think this will stop them, they have another thing coming. Soon they will use radio waves set to many different frequencies and still accomplish what they want to do. Now when that happens are they going to ban those frequencies too?????????

Last of all, if they do impose this into Thailand, you can bet to see long frickin lines, and many will not buy sim cards, let alone want to be wasting their sense of privacy on something so stupid as this, since these bozo's cannot see the light of day on how to stop their own frickin mess in the first place.

Daveyo :o

The best way to solve their problem is to shut down all mobile phone use dwon south and they can draw their line across where they believe all the problems are located. The Phone company can simply shut down those towers and signal transfer towers and create what is known as a black hole for signals. Nothing can come in, nothing can go out. This will force everyone down south of that line to use pay phones, or land phones period. Also down South no sim cards can be sold.

What is so frickin hard about this solution?????? Thaskin and company must still be in kindergarten.

Why should people say up in Chiang Mai, or Nakhon Sawan have to suffer because of these frickin idiots.

Daveyo

Calm down Dave. We are talking about SIM cards (the miniature card that fits inside your mobile phone) not the credit card sized cards you buy to add credit and talktime to your phone.

[edited my spelling mistake - oops!]

Man, you people have no idea of the enormous frickin headache this is going to be for all users.  They are talking of mobile phones here mind you, and those who purchase sim cards and those recording your ID is going to have major implications.

First off, every sim card has a code number and then the hidden code number.  Each one is frickin different.  They have it for 50 Baht, 90 Baht, 100 baht, 200 Baht, 500 Baht and a 1,000 Baht.  Every single card is different.

Now say I went to purchase a 100 Baht card, show my fricking ID, then have to scratch off the serial numbers, then show it to them, and they record my ID and serial number.  Next time I get another card same process again.  One can buy a bunch at one time and you got to record every single sim card.  Shitto to Thailand.

Now they have my ID, and serial number.  So I use this phone and some frickin bomb goes off.  That phone signal cannot be traced at that instant of time to that bomb cause there is no frickin way they can get that bomb device back together since it is blown up to itty bits let alone know its phone number.  There may be 10 million using the phone at that instant of time.

Also that record will be subject to theft and many here in Thailand are excellent in forging even ID's.

If they think this will stop them, they have another thing coming.  Soon they will use radio waves set to many different frequencies and still accomplish what they want to do.  Now when that happens are they going to ban those frequencies too?????????

Last of all, if they do impose this into Thailand, you can bet to see long frickin lines, and many will not buy sim cards, let alone want to be wasting their sense of privacy on something so stupid as this, since these bozo's cannot see the light of day on how to stop their own frickin mess in the first place.

Daveyo :o

Edited by brianbrain

Daveyo, the Sim card is the little card that goes inside the phone, not the load (recharge) cards which are used to add funds (50 baht, 100 baht ...) to the Sim account.

This law is stupid as it will have absolutely no effect in curbing terrorism, which is the stated reason. roaming cards can be purchased in many countries with no id, thousands of phones are stolen daily in Thailand, etc etc.

It is only another level of control in what is already becoming a police state. OK yeh I really believe that the records will never be used politically. :o

Also I agree that they have many alternatives at their disposal to still accomplish what they want to do. All this will do now is anger many more people and believe me they are creating one huge hornets nest. :D

Once the public stops buying the sims, you can bet the phone companies will yell higher than the sky to be heard of their demise in the coming concerning their lost of income.

This scenario is really going to be interesting to say the least on what is going to happen and who is going to get hit with the short end of the stick. :o

Daveyo

Oooooooooooopppppppppppps I stand corrected. Dang it. I was thinking of the card but the wrong card, yet those sim cards in the phone does go for a long time such as DTAC!!!!!!!! I am going on year three with my same sim card!!!!!!!!

So before this law goes into effect, I guess I will try to maybe get my Sim card as permanent without expiration date if they have such and thus avoid the hassle of changing my phone numbers due to different sim cards etc. I am sure they have the capability of programming the sim card somehow to knock out the expiration date on it and have it permanent. Am I right or wrong on this????????

Daveyo :D:o

Edited by DaveYo

Hold on chaps - it's a money earner to pay for all those high-capital infrastructure project - that's all

Example - Working of Aliens Act states that fee for one year for workpermit cannot exceed schedule of fees attached blah blah blah - originally was B500 per year but was changed to 3000 a couple of years back.

This year on renewal I find (in Chiangmai anyway) there's also B100 to pay for the application form to apply to pay the B3000 for the annual blue book.

Now factor in all the official dual pricing - National Parks, key Temples, Museums etc. and this scheme will be self financing under the auspices that Thai's and Elite card holders pay B20 for the paperwork, and the rest of us foreigners have to pay a cell-phone license fee of B500 a year or something equally daft.

Then there's all the political capital to be gained for the Democrats - imagine the headlines ......

"Thaksin Shinawatra indicted for enabling Terrorists to trigger remote bombs"

PM says he didn't think anyone would catch on to using his favourite money making devices as bomb triggers

Dr T apologises to the Thai people for waking up insurgents to the possibilities with accessories such as neon flashing antennae for mobile phones.

Surathani Senator Khun X says that PM T should have known better after attending CIA training camp at Texas University Summer School

Hat Yai Democrat MP calls for all Shinawatras (and their businesses) to be forcibly relocated to spare cattle cars at Hat Yai Railway station (scene of most frequent bombings) to test if "Mr Invincible" can stop the bombs through his mere presence.

etc etc etc.

If the government is so convinced that only (repeat ONLY) cell phones are being used to trigger insurgent's bombs, then parliament should outlaw them within the kingdom ...... it'll make the roads a lot safer at the same time - what were those Songkran figures again?

Still my advise for everyone concerned about mobile-phone triggered bombs: Get a cell phone jammer, widely available on the internet. carry it with you (the device is the size of a pack of cigarettes, minus the annoying pictures), or have it always in your car/motorbike when you're on the road.

Cool. Might just get one to take to the movie theater. Could also make for some fun bar room magic.

Oh I got to add this too-----> If they are going to register every phone user here in Thailand, Immigrations will have a easy field day knowing where the foreigners are located much less also know how many are really here in Thailand once they check their official database of who is supposed to be here legally vs illegally.

The implications can be far reaching if one does not look ahead of what this will do to many people including foreigners here legally or illegally. In a sense yes it will be another tool to track people and their movements, since they also have to show their address in getting such card.

By the way, I did not have to have a work permit, nor did I have to show my actual residence of where I am staying. The purchase at that time was easy come and easy go.

Now the phone company only requires you to show your passport and it has to show and be a minimum 1 year visa. No Work Permit Needed. This can be a B-Visa, or retirement Visa or some others but it must show you are allowed to be here minimum 1 year. The address has to and must be verified with some other Thai person who can vouch that you live at such address for them to send you the phone bill. Since you cannot own property or house or home other than a condo, it can be a bit difficult, so having your landlord vouching for you as of residence should be a piece of cake for some and for others a well known trusty Thai friend who will sign their names on that paper verifying your address.

Just thought of it now!!!!!

Still my advise for everyone concerned about mobile-phone triggered bombs: Get a cell phone jammer, widely available on the internet. carry it with you (the device is the size of a pack of cigarettes, minus the annoying pictures), or have it always in your car/motorbike when you're on the road.

Cool. Might just get one to take to the movie theater. Could also make for some fun bar room magic.

By the way not only does it jam the cell phone, it jams yours too from receiving or sending any phone calls, and also jams everyone else near you from receiving or sending their phone calls!!!!!! Try it and ty and see how angry some Thai person will be once they find out you got that jammer in the works, they will jam you permanently.

Also, at same token say your in some area, where the police are at, or they are in that theater too, or you are near some important official person such as Thaskin and he cannot receive or get any phone calls etc, you can bet they will quarantine that entire area and perhaps search every person for some illegal device.

Have you ever seen a Thai person when they are angry and super pissed off??

Edited by DaveYo

Why would I want to receive or make any phone calls in a movie theater? What happens when any normal person is watching a movie and notices that the signal meter is near 1 or 0? They either go outside to make a call or they continue to watch the movie. Very few will think they are being jammed. As for the David Blaine street magic thing... I wouldn't really do it as that would be a quick way to get every other local kid with too much spare time and money to go out and buy one.

And yes, I've seen super pissed off Thais. Some hit golf balls, some go for a massage, others play some PS2. I like all three vents personally.

Edited by Heng

So, when I come to Thailand in a few months with my Australian mobile phone which has global roaming, will I have to show the phone to Passport Control at BKK Airport? Will they record the IEME? Will they ask me for the Australian phone number? I have a duel-SIM on the phone which allows the phone to use 2 SIM cards - my Australian SIM card and a Thai SIM card.

What will this solve? All I can see is that it will take longer to get off the plane at BKK Airport and over to the taxi stand than the flight from OZ.

Peter

Why would I want to receive or make any phone calls in a movie theater?    What happens when any normal person is watching a movie and notices that the signal meter is near 1 or 0?   They either go outside to make a call or they continue to watch the movie.   Very few will think they are being jammed.  As for the David Blaine street magic thing... I wouldn't really do it as that would be a quick way to get every other local kid with too much spare time and money to go out and buy one.    

And yes, I've seen super pissed off Thais.    Some hit golf balls, some go for a massage, others play some PS2.     I like all three vents personally.    

Yea but that jammer goes out as far as 50 to 75 meters my friend. To me that is a bit of distance. However last report here I see that the government called it off. I wonder why?????

As of angry Thais, your wrong about that part. They go further than that and in some cases they can be really deadly.

Edited by DaveYo

Why would I want to receive or make any phone calls in a movie theater?    What happens when any normal person is watching a movie and notices that the signal meter is near 1 or 0?   They either go outside to make a call or they continue to watch the movie.   Very few will think they are being jammed.  As for the David Blaine street magic thing... I wouldn't really do it as that would be a quick way to get every other local kid with too much spare time and money to go out and buy one.    

And yes, I've seen super pissed off Thais.    Some hit golf balls, some go for a massage, others play some PS2.     I like all three vents personally.    

Yea but that jammer goes out as far as 50 to 75 meters my friend. To me that is a bit of distance. However last report here I see that the government called it off. I wonder why?????

As of angry Thais, your wrong about that part. They go further than that and in some cases they can be really deadly.

All kinds of ranges available. Just in the past hour, I've found one with a 30 foot range.

Glad they called it off. Making millions of prepaid sim users register their phones would put a serious crimp in the nation's gambling revenues (well, for a few days anyway...).

:D

The evening news on tv reports the whole deal is off. The government is NOT going to pursue it. The Cabinet voted to put it off indefinitely because of too many concerns about it's implentation. It's a non-issue now.

Interesting in that the way this story was being reported, this scheme was an already done deal. All the government poo-yai needed to do was write a law for the rubber-stamp parliament to pass. One wonders how long it will be before new life gets breathed into this idea. :o

The evening news on tv reports the whole deal is off. The government is NOT going to pursue it. The Cabinet voted to put it off indefinitely because of too many concerns about it's implentation. It's a non-issue now.

Interesting in that the way this story was being reported, this scheme was an already done deal. All the government poo-yai needed to do was write a law for the rubber-stamp parliament to pass. One wonders how long it will be before new life gets breathed into this idea. :D

similiar to EGAT not getting into the SET .. and then Beer Chang having the same thing happen, sometimes things can change here quickly...

and just as similiar.... it likely is just a matter of time before all THREE scenarios change and all of them occur.

Interestingly.... along with the television news item was the latest ABAC Poll... which determined that 79% of people AGREED with the governments plan to register SIM cards... :D:o:D

how I love those wacky ABAC polls.... :D:D

Interesting in that the way this story was being reported, this scheme was an already done deal. All the government poo-yai needed to do was write a law for the rubber-stamp parliament to pass. One wonders how long it will be before new life gets breathed into this idea. :D

Mr Thaksin Shinawatra's family own 1-2-call :o In the west they monitor every phone call, i dont mean they listen to all the call's, but certain words like bomb/explode are picked up by big brother, :D and taped, simple.

now if he were clever he could do an analysis of numbers being used in the area . we must presume that the number being used to activate a bomb would not be a heavilly used number used on a daily basis . it would be kept in reserve for a particular use .

so could the local phone cos block any not regularly used numbers ?

a heavilly used number would expose contacts from the records . so the bombers would use a one off number .

Every single card is different.

DaveYo I will say this for you, you do have a knack of stating the bleedin' obvious.

There again is is handy SIM cards are different or can you imagine the fun and games trying to make a phone call if they were not?

Keep 'em coming Dave.

By the way not only does it jam the cell phone, it jams yours too from receiving or sending any phone calls, and also jams everyone else near you from receiving or sending their phone calls!!!!!! Try it and ty and see how angry some Thai person will be once they find out you got that jammer in the works, they will jam you permanently.

Also, at same token say your in some area, where the police are at, or they are in that theater too, or you are near some important official person such as Thaskin and he cannot receive or get any phone calls etc, you can bet they will quarantine that entire area and perhaps search every person for some illegal device.

Have you ever seen a Thai person when they are angry and super pissed off??

Good morning.

As a matter of fact, politicians worldwide (and certainly in Thailand too, just not publicly announced) use the devices as a standard accessory in their cars. Of course, while they travel thru, phones around will be jammed. So what? never gotten those freaky five minutes a day where you just got no signal? Nobody cares one way or the other. And the device has a switch: on-off. If you need to make a call, or you're in an area safe for bombs etc, turn it off. And about the range, you get them from a few meters to a kilometer, it all depends on how big a size you accept and how much you pay for them.

HOWEVER as stated, the program even if pushed thru would not do anything to the situation down south. It would only present a bit of hassle for every current pre-paid user, for new users it won't matter... just show I.D. or passport when buying one, what's the problem? It might even do something good - too many people i know have dozens of pre-paid SIM's, whenever they get annoyed by someone calling them too often, they just buy a new one - and so not only have a dozen numbers, but cripple phone companies who are slow but sure running out of available numbers for new customers. When they need to be registered (and unregistered ones cancelled), sure a few million numbers are set free and the REAL user numbers get known (yup, AIS can easily say they have 20 Million users - 1 million people with 20 SIM's each, that's more the reality).

In germany, you can have no more than 2 post-paid contracts. As well, you must register your pre-paid SIM's and you can't have more than two of those either! As a private person, that is. Companies can, of course.

And last thing: Do you have thai friends? Get them to register your SIM if you want to stay in hiding. Since there's no phone bill coming, you don't put your friends at fraud risk, and surely they will show their I.D. for your SIM. Hey get out of that Dynamite shop, NOW!

Regards.....

Thanh