Best Place For Non-b Near Thailand

I believe there are all inclusive type runs from Pattaya to Cambodia where you stay overnight or two near border and passport is submitted to visa issue in PP and returned to you. Don't know the price or if valid for type B visa but expect they are if paperwork in order.

Phenom Penh is good for those in the East. Penang is good if you’re in the south and Vientiane for those in the North. Of the three, I prefer Pengang, just a personal thing...it’s not dirt cheap but it’s easy to get around and a pleasant enough place to wait out the processing time.

• 1 month later...

It appears that no one in my new place of work has heard of such a form. Is it available at the Dept of Labour once the application has been lodged?? Would a letter from the potential employer, contract and company papers not suffice?? FYI I am using Siracha Dept of Labour/ Immigration.

Cheers

watchoutfarang

When Form WP3 (work permit application form) is lodged at the labour office, the prospective employer receives a receipt, which is the Approval Letter referred to in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs notes on Non Immigrant "B" Visa application procedures in the link below. This Approval Letter (which is a small slip of paper) is what you will need to show the consulate. Consulates within the region will normally only issue single entry visa first time round, and you can apply for multiple entry visa next time with actual work permit, or apply for extension of stay based on employment at Thai immigration if you meet the requirements. When you have your visa you will need to go to the labour office (who will want to see the visa in your passport) and you will sign and collect your work permit at the same time.

http://www.mfa.go.th/web/2482.php?id=2492

When Form WP3 (work permit application form) is lodged at the labour office, the prospective employer receives a receipt, which is the Approval Letter referred to in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs notes on Non Immigrant "B" Visa application procedures in the link below. This Approval Letter (which is a small slip of paper) is what you will need to show the consulate. Consulates within the region will normally only issue single entry visa first time round, and you can apply for multiple entry visa next time with actual work permit, or apply for extension of stay based on employment at Thai immigration if you meet the requirements. When you have your visa you will need to go to the labour office (who will want to see the visa in your passport) and you will sign and collect your work permit at the same time.

http://www.mfa.go.th/web/2482.php?id=2492

Thanks so much for your help!!!!! All is now clear!!!!

Ok, now I am really confused. I should have perhaps mentioned that I have a non-B issued from Hulll in the UK. This was issued on 19th November 2008 and I am now in the extended 3 month period, giving me 15 months. My company have applied for my WP using this non-B and allegedly the dept of Labour have said that provided the visa is processed prior to the expiry on 14th Feb, they will be able to extend my non-B. Therefore, the application being made is through a WP2 application. Is this the correct procedure, as i was told by a visa expert that I would need to leave the country and get a new one??

After you get your WP you can do following.

If you meet the requirements you can apply for 1 year extension of stay.

Four Thai employee per foreigner, two years of audited balance sheet.

Else you go to KL and get a 1 year multiple entry non-B.

Penang will also issue if you have 8 million in capital on balance sheet.

Edited by PoorSucker

After you get your WP you can do following.

If you meet the requirements you can apply for 1 year extension of stay.

Four Thai employee per foreigner, two years of audited balance sheet.

Else you go to KL and get a 1 year multiple entry non-B.

Penang will also issue if you have 8 million in capital on balance sheet.

Could you elaborate on what KL is requiring to issue multi B visas, given the distinction you make for Penang.