Are You Going To Get The Swine Flu Jab?

Ulysses G.

Yes or no, Swine Flu Shot?  

34 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

in my opinion its always good to be vaccinated as I have already taken the Swine Jab shot in Thailand. The cost was

500 baht at a local rural clinic. I did not have any side effect stemming from this jab. The doctor noted that this jab will

not protect me from the seasonal flu', such as the flu which is common in the US (apart from Swine, Bird flu)

I've just voted NO. But I would have preferred to vote, "Haven't decided yet"

As one suffering from a cough,runny nose,and a temperature I did a quick troll through The Times of London which tells us that the vast majority of people who get H!N1,a milder virus than was first thought, will spend a few days in bed and recover. H1N1 seems to differ from normal flu in that its more dangerous to babies and children under 5. Older adults over 65 seem to have accumulated geater immunity over their life span. However, those adults with underlying health problems are more at risk.

Normal seasonal flu kills 36,000 people every year in the USA of which 9 out of 10 will be over 65 and suffering underlying problems.Don't know how many have died of H1N1 but I guess it will be a small fraction of that figure. In the UK 8000 people die of seasonal flu every year. Since it began (?) only 242 have died of H1N1. There were 21 deaths last week.

And don't forget , a vaccination only protects from contracting the virus, I don't think its any use once you've got it. The advice seems to be if you're under five or, at any age, have underlying health problems, especially respiratory,then get the jab.I have read differing advice about vaccinations for the over 65's but they do appear to be less at risk, provided they're healthy.

I'd avoid the vaccine, but take the virus seriously.

Vaccine: has not been through proper clinical trials, government has unusually waived any comeback on the pharma companies should anything go wrong. There is plenty of rumour and speculation which I try to ignore, but I don't see a significant outbreak relative to other viruses and I don't see scientific cause and effect between vaccination and getting less virus, so I would avoid.

Virus: I have heard practical advice from a family who did catch it - the virus itself is an easy one to naturally get rid of, however there is a second wave that gets you after you think it's over, because it weakens the immune system such that other much more serious things are let in, some of which are fatal. This is why quick treatment as with all these things is very important.

Governments try to control their populations through fear.

Fear of terrorists.

Fear of disease.

Fear of war.

Swine flu is just more of the same nonsense IMHO

I never have any vaccines of any sort, there is doubt on the value of them all.

I agree, I know people who have had swine flu in the Phillipeans and survived just fine, isnt there less deaths than the common cold? less than the 400,000 a year from heart disease im sure, don't hear nearly as much about that....

What doesnt kill you only makes you stronger

the virus is constantly mutating and vaccinations are only follow it - so unless you believe it's a time go get a jab, wait for another batch, which will protect you better.

2 mln vaccines for thailand were ordered only a few days ago and should be in january, but only 200k for private clinics

Fear of terrorists.

Fear of disease.

Fear of war.

add global warming to that list, but thats involves world control

Fear of terrorists.

Fear of disease.

Fear of war.

And dont forget the mother of the all, the monetary system specifically central banking and the fractional reserve system :) zeitgeist anyone

I agree, I know people who have had swine flu in the Phillipeans and survived just fine, isnt there less deaths than the common cold? less than the 400,000 a year from heart disease im sure, don't hear nearly as much about that....

What doesnt kill you only makes you stronger

Like having your willie cut off?

Fear of terrorists.

Fear of disease.

Fear of war.

And dont forget the mother of the all, the monetary system specifically central banking and the fractional reserve system :) zeitgeist anyone

I remember the fluoride insanity in the late 1950s in the U.S. of A. Gov't wanted to add it to water supply to improve teeth. The "right" said it was the commies trying to turn us all into morons. Ha! Ha! Ha! Well come to think of it.......