Udon Thani Immigration Office

Hi All,

It is confirmed a new Imigration office is now open at Udon Thani, They are located at the old terminal Building of Udon Thani airport. Staff are extremly freindly and helpfull, just got a 2 month extension on my Non O painless. :) Below is there phone number.

Tel 042-931687

Edited by Steveyddr

Good news.

What about the old Nong Khai immigration office? No any changes over there?

Why didn't you apply for a 1 year extension of stay?

The Nong Khai Office will only deal with pepole living in the Nong Khai area, all others are now referred to Udon.

Why didn't I apply for a one year Visa well simple answer don't want one.

Good news.

What about the old Nong Khai immigration office? No any changes over there?

Why didn't you apply for a 1 year extension of stay?

How do you apply for a 1 year extension? I want one!

It depends on your circumstances.

Are you married to a Thai, supporting a Thai child, over 50 years old, working or running a business?

If you fulfill one or more of these requirements, and with other financial constraints, you may qualify for a one year extension to your visa.

Yes I know----I did send this info when I went for my 90 day in October. I would not have minded the bike ride to Nongkai as it was a lovely morning but the staff at the a/port were so much more friendly.At Nongkhai I got into the habit of picking 2 "Q" cards with a gap between them so that I could pretend I did not have the no called if it was an unsocial officer{if you know what I mean}.I left the a/port with both myself and the immigration officer both smiling.His last words were"see you in 90days SIR!!!!!}. Actually looking forward to my next trip Dougal.

If you are making your 90 day residence report, you may do so at any immigration office in the Kingdom.

I secured my retirement extension in Pattaya last year and made my latest 90 day residence report in Udorn three weeks ago.

Udon Thani was not crowded and I was in and out in 10 minutes.

Good service all around.

• 5 months later...

I renewed my annual there today the least amount of paperwork I have ever submitted. In and out 45 mins. Missed some copies instead of the yelling and anger I'm used to the guy just copied the other page of my passport that he needed.

I have to say the most professional and pleasant experience I have ever had in renewing my annual

I renewed my annual there today the least amount of paperwork I have ever submitted. In and out 45 mins. Missed some copies instead of the yelling and anger I'm used to the guy just copied the other page of my passport that he needed.

I have to say the most professional and pleasant experience I have ever had in renewing my annual

I went last week for a proof of residence letter to renew my licence.

I have to say I have never met a more helpful bunch of people in any Thai immigration office before. You are usually lucky to get a grunt if you ask a question, however in Udon they guide you through it even if you know what you are doing.

A breath of fresh air, lets hope it lasts. :)