Diving

h90

I would like to learn diving. I am always on weekend in Pattaya.

I would like to learn the theory mostly myself at home and make everything with the ultra-fast steps.....

Does anyone know a good place or maybe an instructor reads that.

thanks

h90

Heared about them already.

But with 14.000 THB a bit expensive  :o

Aquanauts/Soi6 - speak w/Roger or Gary. They will take good care of you. Top notch instructors and great lads.

Dunno I think its cheap for western standards:

Open water course - full classroom instruction/video, Pool training, 4 open water dives w/gear, hot lunch/beverages on a 3 level dive boat. Also manuals,tables, and logbook.

yes sure, you are right!

But considering that I don't need most of that. One time I made already the pool training and I got everything in one hour or so. It is nice, but if I get the book learn it at home and get the practice part in 5 hours for the half money, I would be even more happy.

I saw a promotion from Phuket for 10.500 THB, but does not help me, if I stay in Pattaya. I hope to be able to save money and time.....

Heared about them already.

But with 14.000 THB a bit expensive  :o

Aquanauts/Soi6 - speak w/Roger or Gary. They will take good care of you. Top notch instructors and great lads.

Dunno I think its cheap for western standards:

Open water course - full classroom instruction/video, Pool training, 4 open water dives w/gear, hot lunch/beverages on a 3 level dive boat. Also manuals,tables, and logbook.

yes sure, you are right!

But considering that I don't need most of that. One time I made already the pool training and I got everything in one hour or so. It is nice, but if I get the book learn it at home and get the practice part in 5 hours for the half money, I would be even more happy.

I saw a promotion from Phuket for 10.500 THB, but does not help me, if I stay in Pattaya. I hope to be able to save money and time.....

There is no getting around the 4 dives.... requirement for your license. Pool work you they need to swim qualify you and of course practice your skills. Prob skip the classroom and just take the exam if you read the Padi book - however not sure they will sign off on training w/out you watching the videos. Unless you go with a previous dive shop I'd be surprised if they will accomodate you - more for liability, licensing and of course safety.

guess so, seems I must spend that money :o

yes sure, you are right!

There is no getting around the 4 dives.... requirement for your license. Pool work you they need to swim qualify you and of course practice your skills. Prob skip the classroom and just take the exam if you read the Padi book - however not sure they will sign off on training w/out you watching the videos. Unless you go with a previous dive shop I'd be surprised if they will accomodate you - more for liability, licensing and of course safety.

I am now at 11.200 THB incl. three days practical training.

1 day pool

2 days on the sea

I guess that is the bottom I can get without loosing quality.

Considering that the first offer I got was 2 days total (theory and practical) for 16500 THB. It sounds fair.

If you try hard enough I am sure someone will teach you for 3000 baht but you will probably die shortly after your course - its not snorkling - it will kill you if you make mistakes. Don't cut corners.