Air Asia To Phuket

KhunDave

• 1 month later...

I hope Asia Air will be he able to keep the flights going and maybe low season 3times a week would be ok so locals can have somewhere to visit. This service long overdue and a price that is affordable for a great time and the tourists in both destinations can enjoy the beauty of CM and Phuket :)

• 2 weeks later...

In my opinion Air Asia is one of the best things to happen in terms of travel in SE Asia. For someone such as myself, you are able to score some real bargains when travelling from Australia to KL, and then onwards to a variety of destinations in Thailand, Vietnam, Indonesia etc. The route from Chiang Mai to Phuket is one which will only prove more popular as time goes on as it gives people a great opportunity to take a quick trip down to the islands rather than having to pay the traditionally more expensive fares offered by the larger, non-budget airlines.

I booked ahead a couple of months ago and got a great fare from CM to Phuket, so yeah, hopefully Air Asia will keep the route going on a long term basis. It's ridiculous some of the mega cheap seats you can get when they have their online sales, especially when you book a few months ahead of your planned travel dates.

got back to CNX on saturday from phuket after ten days down there and the 10.35am out of phuket was full. bought the return ticket a month before for 2,500baht, fantastic value for a 2-hour flight straight to the beach.

It appears to be about double that now. Can anyone recommend an address on the web to start looking for a two week stay in Phuket?