Thai People Eating Fast Food

Hana4832

Thai people eating fast food

In my opinion, I disagree with Thai people eating fast food for three reasons. First, Thai food has more nutrition than fast food. Many fast foods give lipid than carbohydrate and protein, because lipid makes you fat. Fast food can be digested very hardly and it doesn't contain nutrition than Thai food. Second, most fast food is more expensive than Thai food. The cost of franchise is expensive and that costs the food to be more expensive. For example, the cost of French Fried is generally about 20 baht, in but fast food restaurants, it is 49 baht. Finally, the package of fast food destroys the environment. The package made from foam and plastic, it can be digested very hardly in the environment. The package contains poisonous substances.

In conclusion, we shouldn't to eat fast food, because fast food gives less nutrition and the package destroys the environment, so we should eat Thai food, which is useful. What do you think about eating fast food?

PS. Thank you for all comment.

You make a good point. In the west, fast food is cheaper than real food. In Thailand it is more expensive and also kind of status symbol for some Thais to eat fast food vs. regular Thai food. That said, the way a lot of Thai food is prepared, it ain't exactly health food either.

A few years ago I worked in Paris and was astounded at the popularity of McDonalds and learnt that France has (maybe now "had") the greatest number per capita of Maccy Dees in the world. Astounding when you think how arrogant the French are about their food.

The point is, no matter what anybody thinks about the stuff, fast food is here to stay. Personally I just cannot understand why any sane person would queue up to buy a lukewarm hamburger, equally lukewarm insipid fried sticks of reconstituted stuff washed down by a concoction of chemicals and sugar. But it's their life and their money and I'd tell them to combine sex with travel if they tried telling me what to eat.

Come on. Show us how pretentious you really are.

Thai people can pretty much eat whatever they want. It's called freedom of choice.

Hana1post. Tell us how you feel about Thai people eating Japanese food? How do you feel about Thai people eating Pizza?

Some times I hide & watch & they really get this stuff down their throats. GET A LIFE.

You make a good point. In the west, fast food is cheaper than real food. In Thailand it is more expensive and also kind of status symbol for some Thais to eat fast food vs. regular Thai food. That said, the way a lot of Thai food is prepared, it ain't exactly health food either.

Actually even in the West fast food is not cheaper than real food. Studies have shown that a high majority of lower income families are the biggest consumers of fast food. It has also shown that in most cases a more nutritional meal could be made at home for cheaper. This is not based on a single person, but rather for a family of 4.

You disagree with Thai people eating fast food ?? Disagree??

You sound like Thai people aren't able to figure this out for themselves.... do you agree with American people eating fast food, Europeans ? Is it just the Thais that should not enjoy a Macdonalds if they want ?

totster :)

You sound like Thai people aren't able to figure this out for themselves.... do you agree with American people eating fast food, Europeans ? Is it just the Thais that should not enjoy a Macdonalds if they want ?

Maybe we should get the PAD on it,.... they'll get it right!

Hana,

I am sure the thai people are really concerned about what 'you think' about them eating fast food :) .

I'm always a little suspicious of the first poster that creates their own thread and puts something like this on the forum.....What are you selling?

I have to disagree with the OP.

1. Food is food when it comes to digestion.

2. Thai food is often said to be healthy, but it rarely is. Palm oil is a step above engine oil as far as food goes. Thais load up on salt and msg and then cap it off with a spoon full of sugar.

3. If they can't afford it, they can't buy it. Up to them. I only disagree when fat wheezing children are spoon fed fries by their parents. I know the dangers of a junk food rich diet so I avoid it. The odd Big Mac won't kill anybody. The problem in Thailand is poor education about smoking, drinking and junk food.

4. Have you seen street food? Wrapped in plastic, cooked on gas, smoke billowing across the path.

At the end of the day a group of students sharing some nuggets in a quiet air con mc Donalds is far from a tragedy.

Actually even in the West fast food is not cheaper than real food. Studies have shown that a high majority of lower income families are the biggest consumers of fast food. It has also shown that in most cases a more nutritional meal could be made at home for cheaper. This is not based on a single person, but rather for a family of 4.

It is the cheapest RESTAURANT food in the west. Also, fruits and veg are expensive in the west and not even readily available in poor neighborhoods in the US, for example. So for the poorest people in the west without the food access of richer people, it may indeed be the cheapest food of any kind, as the poorest neighborhoods tend to have only fast food restaurants, and nothing else.

Edited by Jingthing

Hana,

I am sure the thai people are really concerned about what 'you think' about them eating fast food :) .

I'm always a little suspicious of the first poster that creates their own thread and puts something like this on the forum.....What are you selling?

ding ding ding !!! We have a winner. Now consider it was her FIRST POST.

Please allow me to rfpeat GET A LIFE LOSER.

Certainly, you can freedom for choose eating. I think about Thai people should eat Thai food than fast food because preserve culture. It's opinion of me.

Finally, this is post for exchange idea only. Everything has both advantage and disadvantage(good and bad).^^ :)

Season's Greetings Tots. Have a good one.

In conclusion, we shouldn't to eat fast food, because fast food gives less nutrition and the package destroys the environment, so we should eat Thai food, which is useful.

The millions of styrofoam packages used in Thai fast food every single day destroy the environment too. It's not like Thai food is wrapped in banana leaves anymore, it's usually in plastic bags and styrofoam boxes. It may taste good and be healthy, but the way it's served is no better for the environment than McDonalds. Some Thai restaurants do wrap their food in paper though, which is good for the environment.