Noise Near House

euge001

Good day to all!

I live on Koh Samui some monthes and two weeks ago I found that I can't live in my house because of huge and loud mechanical noise. My house is not so far from airport, but this sounds are more loud than aicraft's.

It is happening every day for 7 days from ~8.30 to ~19.00 (it was differ in different days).

The source of that sounds was manufacture about 50-80 meters from my windows. It was not a problem when they did their job before without this noising, but now it's something terrible.

I can change this place to another, but it will took time and I like this place very much (except this neighbor of course). There are some houses around mine and people who live there I guess don't like this sounds too.

I'll be very grateful if someone will give me construtive advice.

Thank you!

Sounds like putting down pillars for some development.

Could last sometime, depending on the size of the development.

no no. It's the real manufacture with concrete-mixer. I think they're wash their mixer from time to time and that's why noise is produced, but for me it's don't care what they do because I can't relax for minute.

The concept of perceiving loud noise as negative and slightly damaging to one's health is not widely propagated in Thailand, and rarely can something be done for relief, your best chance is to have an influential Thai living near you.

I hope you are renting.

Edited by longtom

Welcome to Thailand! Noise pollution is a big problem here thats another good reason to rent not buy here. Good luck Dave

o yes, now I know)

Before I knew the same about Malaysia - it's look like trend in SEA.

Yes I'm renting. I just hope to relax some time but now I understand that this is the good lesson of inner calm for self-development aims - because they're do their job from time to time - sometimes they're don't work for a whole week or more))

There is little one can do about the noise here. But you may be able to complain about the use of their land if it's not in accordance with the zoning regulations. If the land is zoned 6, Green zone, it is an agricultural land that one can build a residence on but factories and workshops are not permited on. You may need to find out what zone do you live in first. The other angle is that I believe the work next door should stop at 6pm so if they don't you may have a case with the tourist police.

noise is very present in samui especially because of the lack of enforcement of regulations(if any).

a very recent case is at soi bond kai(the ghost road), in cross from bangrak , on the right a foreigner decided to open a bar with girls, this is an open bar (no windows or doors) and he had the great idea to annoy everyone by using a loud speaker system resulting in basses being spread until 2 AM...

noise is very present in samui especially because of the lack of enforcement of regulations(if any).

a very recent case is at soi bond kai(the ghost road), in cross from bangrak , on the right a foreigner decided to open a bar with girls, this is an open bar (no windows or doors) and he had the great idea to annoy everyone by using a loud speaker system resulting in basses being spread until 2 AM...

Maybe someone will let him know sooner or later..

Nirvana

It's a horrid problem, and even if you buy 30 rai and build in the middle, coconut trees are lousy noise barriers. :) Construction sites usually work 8am-5pm, no? But private biz, including techno and or noisy boom bars, are sooo annoying and uncontrollable. If you decide to move, best to check out the neighbourhood throughout the day and night a few times to see what you're getting into. I went to a friend's bar on the beach in Maenam once as I could hear techno. No, not us! It's coming from Haadrin! Sure enough, it was. Yikes! My pet hate is the guys in the big trucks with the boom bass stereos.

Anyway, good luck with your quest. Hope you can sort things out amicably.