What Can I Do In Lamai With 3 Million Thai B

"So what about living in Samui. Well the first 6 months are nice, like an extended holiday. After that you are seeing very unfriendly and even dangerous people, garbage everywhere, noise pollution. Really stupid tourists. Many very negative things.

On the other hand very friendly people, nice restaurants, beaches. The positives still outweigh the negatives but not with a large margin."

That says it all , i think ...

It is all very true , sad enough ... allthough if you see the bright side , and that's where you need to stay focused on , you still see it is a good place . It is dangerous , and not alone on the roads . It is filthy or is getting there . You meet nice people , very nice people but also very very unfriendly . Scams going around everywhere ... etc etc etc . It used to be better , but it isn't like that anymore . Is that a reason for not moving ??? Well , i don't think so , if you know where you put your head in . I mean , come for 2 /3 weeks , once a year and you only see the holiday , you'll never get passed that . I'm there for 3 months a year and i see , hear and know about it ... but not everything . The more you come and stay , the more you know about it . Seen farangs come and go , completely losing their minds , and that ain't tourists , no they where planning to stay . The advice i give for someone who wants to go life there is the following , and you allready heard it from several persons ... Go there for min. 6 months and see how you are doing . If after 6 months , you are out of the holiday mood and just have a relaxing living while not spending to much money and you are still loving it ... go for it . If not , leave it and come back next year for the holidays . Don't start a business for a living or you'll more than probably end up broke . Start a business for a hobby , and don't put more money into it then you can afford to lose , well that is fine . Personally , i think 3 million bath is too low unles you still got a income . Try to tripple that and then it can work out if you can get a nice interest rate and live very modest . You cannot buy a house with that money ( you can but that you don't have enough to live from after 5 or 10 years ) , but you can rent a nice little bungalow .

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Slightly off subject, but Oz is not as easy as you might think if you are a foreigner.

Actually there are a few ways to get a permanent residence and even citizenship.

In Thailand that is almost impossible.

For looking around i just use the 3 months tourist visa. That one is just a formality. For longer periods or even immigrating there is a "skilled people" visa. With a sponser a lot easier but doable without one. I fulfill that categorie as do many others.

Good thing about Oz -and thailand can learn a lot from that- is the availability of all the information you need. Everything can be found on the internet on government websites.

Ok. The decision after long discussion and thinking has been made. From september/october i will be leaving Samui searching for a better place.

I still have a small shop that is now for sale/take over contract.

If someone is interested just send me a pm.