Aeon Atm Tesco , North Pattaya

thaimate

The day before yesterday went to the Aeon machine in tesco N Pattaya and inserted my nationwide card asking for 7000baht ,was informed that i did not have enough funds(not true) so went of to an Another machine and got some cash .on checking my account online i saw that 7000 baht had been taken by Aeon so rushed back with the wife ,well the staff were nice but dim and put me through to the machines complaints dept ,the upshot of it was that as i was not a customer of theirs they could do nothing except that i had to contact my bank .This i have done (they wanted an e mail via my account page) am now awaiting the outcome and was wondering if anyone else has had this problem,its the first time its ever happened to me.

In 15 yrs. here, I have had that happen twice I think, though with the banks' ATMs, as I am not a customer of AEON. Remain calm. Go to your home bank and tell them exactly what happened. It can take 2 or 3 days, but I think that you will have the money credited back to your account.

P.S. You did the right thing in walking away from the first ATM. There are enough ATM's everywhere in Thailand, there is no reason to stand there, trying to "negotiate" with one that is acting strangely.

As it is Nationwide and Visa Gtee - yes your cash will be returned quickly as other posters have stated BUT Nationwide trugh Visa will send info to AEON to check the transaction and IF the ATM says the money was issued they will claw IT back again. It can take up to 90 days for the transaction appeal precedure to go through. It happened to me at a Kasikorin banks 3,000 BAHT.

I hope everything will be okay.

BT

Is it fair to blame a specific ATM for "stealing" money as the same problem can occur anywhere.

For me AEON is the best. Large withdrawals with no fee. You can't get any better than that.

Perhaps AEON's promotion on here has been its own worst enemy.

Is it fair to blame a specific ATM for "stealing" money as the same problem can occur anywhere.

For me AEON is the best. Large withdrawals with no fee. You can't get any better than that.

merry xmas Tropo

.sorry to have named the ATM next time if it ever happens i shall head it ,beware an ATM somwhere in Pattaya stole my money, wouldnt want to breach the ATMS human (or otherwise) rights now would we. :)

merry xmas Tropo

.sorry to have named the ATM next time if it ever happens i shall head it ,beware an ATM somwhere in Pattaya stole my money, wouldnt want to breach the ATMS human (or otherwise) rights now would we. :)

:D (That did come across as kind of lame, I admit)

Go ahead and break the ATMs' equal rights protocol and blame the fee free, extra large withdrawal ATMs. We don't want a run on the best machines in Pattaya do we. A couple of days ago the Carrefour AEON machine was down, probably due to overwork.

Edited by tropo

had exactly the same with aeon at homeworks and did not get the money back seems to happen a lot with them????

...and you only decided to mention in passing on someone else's thread. I find myself doubting your story suspect because of the casual way you present it.

How much money did you lose? How long have you waited? What steps did you take to recover your money?

Edited by tropo

had exactly the same with aeon at homeworks and did not get the money back seems to happen a lot with them????

...and you only decided to mention in passing on someone else's thread. I find myself doubting your story suspect because of the casual way you present it.

How much money did you lose? How long have you waited? What steps did you take to recover your money?

lost 15000 baht got in touch with barclays tried to get in touvh with aeon but got no reply from the mail i sent them so still waiting for barclays to try and sort it out so from last month still nothing now i go to bankm and take out enough from there to cover my bills etc and if you doubt i can email ou my emails to aeon just let me know

lost 15000 baht got in touch with barclays tried to get in touvh with aeon but got no reply from the mail i sent them so still waiting for barclays to try and sort it out so from last month still nothing now i go to bankm and take out enough from there to cover my bills etc and if you doubt i can email ou my emails to aeon just let me know

Ok, thanks for explaining in more detail. You're still in the process of trying to recover your money, so you haven't lost it yet. It would seem that your bank, Barclays, are not being too helpful.

Ok, thanks for explaining in more detail. You're still in the process of trying to recover your money, so you haven't lost it yet. It would seem that your bank, Barclays, are not being too helpful.

Tropo, I don't know about anyone else, but I think your comments are less than helpful. You first doubt the POSTER, then you say he has not lost his 15,000 "YET"

Does he have the 15,000 in his hand at present --- NO

Is 15,000 out of his account --- YES

HAS HE LOST IT AT PRESENT "YES" Case closed.

He might get it back ( and I hope he does) ---- so unless you can be helpful please go away and smell the coffee or try and be constructive and help others who have a problem. Rant over :)

BT :D

Tropo, I don't know about anyone else, but I think your comments are less than helpful. You first doubt the POSTER, then you say he has not lost his 15,000 "YET"

Does he have the 15,000 in his hand at present --- NO

Is 15,000 out of his account --- YES

HAS HE LOST IT AT PRESENT "YES" Case closed.

He might get it back ( and I hope he does) ---- so unless you can be helpful please go away and smell the coffee or try and be constructive and help others who have a problem. Rant over :)

BT :D

Mr Bigtoe, you can forget about me going away from this discussion of AEON ATMs, so perhaps you should go away and "smell the coffee".

I use AEON machines often and it matters to me that anyone claiming to have lost a large sum of money in one of AEON's machines is not a trolling but giving a factual story.

He did expand and I thanked him for that, so your angry rant was totally unnecessary.

As of yet i have not even got a reply back from nationwide (e mailed on 23) i realize it is xmas ,but they do say on their website that they usuall reply within 2 days.

Although the 24th was a working day, I doubt much was done and the bank probably closed midday, Tuesday the 29th is the next working day, seems to me it is likely to be a communications error.

As of yet i have not even got a reply back from nationwide (e mailed on 23) i realize it is xmas ,but they do say on their website that they usuall reply within 2 days.

Although the 24th was a working day, I doubt much was done and the bank probably closed midday, Tuesday the 29th is the next working day, seems to me it is likely to be a communications error.

Yes i am hoping that it is just the xmas holidays holding things up ,i have contacted Aeon,my wife spoke to the dept involved with the machines but was told that as i was not an Aeon customer my own bank had to deal with it and they would not just check the machine and give a refund. Funnilly enough about 2 years ago a Kasicorn atm said it had given me 10k but didnt ,however on checking my account nothing was taken ,so no problem.

Well, I guess I can join the crowd. I lost, (temporarily at least), 7000 baht, ($210.84 in U.S. funds) at the AEON ATM in Carrefour, downstairs near the toilet entrance. Called them immediately, was told to stand by the machine for at least fifteen minutes, that sometimes their machines were a little slow. After a half hour, and no money, OR CARD, called again. This time the wife was given the "runaround" so she hung up and called again and asked for the supervisor. Was told AEON could do nothing about it, that I would have to contact my home bank in America. (I don't quite understand, it's their machine, and they have the money from my bank, but they can't do anything about it, like send someone out to open the machine and give me my card back, and if the machine is out of funds, which is the case quite frequently, make some kind of arrangement for me to get the amount removed from the debited account. They don't seem to have too much trouble getting the money out, why do they have such a problem putting it back, or haven't they worked that out yet.

Anyway, we went home immediately and I brought up my account on my computer, and there it was, $210.84 debited from my account, as expected. I used their closed website and informed them, giving them all the details, along with my account number and SS no.. They answered almost immediately telling me that they had sent my email to my branch office and they would check to see if the amount was actually debited from my account. They said it would take a few days, and this being the holiday season, I expect even longer, but at least someone is doing something about it............I assume.........!

Greetings of the season to everyone, ErnieK

Well, I guess I can join the crowd. I lost, (temporarily at least), 7000 baht, ($210.84 in U.S. funds) at the AEON ATM in Carrefour, downstairs near the toilet entrance. Called them immediately, was told to stand by the machine for at least fifteen minutes, that sometimes their machines were a little slow. After a half hour, and no money, OR CARD, called again. This time the wife was given the "runaround" so she hung up and called again and asked for the supervisor. Was told AEON could do nothing about it, that I would have to contact my home bank in America. (I don't quite understand, it's their machine, and they have the money from my bank, but they can't do anything about it, like send someone out to open the machine and give me my card back, and if the machine is out of funds, which is the case quite frequently, make some kind of arrangement for me to get the amount removed from the debited account. They don't seem to have too much trouble getting the money out, why do they have such a problem putting it back, or haven't they worked that out yet.

Anyway, we went home immediately and I brought up my account on my computer, and there it was, $210.84 debited from my account, as expected. I used their closed website and informed them, giving them all the details, along with my account number and SS no.. They answered almost immediately telling me that they had sent my email to my branch office and they would check to see if the amount was actually debited from my account. They said it would take a few days, and this being the holiday season, I expect even longer, but at least someone is doing something about it............I assume.........!

Greetings of the season to everyone, ErnieK

When you say you coontacted your closed website ,do you mean aeons or your banks ,as i am still awaiting an e mail in reply from my bank.

Yes this happened to me twice and it can happen at any ATM anywhere in Thailand. What happens is that the ATM doesn't have enough bills. Just use the big machines and never those little ATM boxes... Policy is you'll have it back in 20 days and my 12.000thb and 20.000thb came back in exactly that time.

Yes this happened to me twice and it can happen at any ATM anywhere in Thailand. What happens is that the ATM doesn't have enough bills. Just use the big machines and never those little ATM boxes... Policy is you'll have it back in 20 days and my 12.000thb and 20.000thb came back in exactly that time.

Did you have to make a report, or was it automatically credited back to your account?

Had the ATM at SCB near the entrance to Walking Street not deliver Bt20,000 and spat my card out. It was an SCB card. Went into the bank and had a staff member come to the machine and it did it again. Pulled the account records up on the screen and there was no debit but on their internal bank screen they could seen effective debit and corresponding credits for 2 x Bt20,000. The machine was empty or could not dispense Bt20,000, even with Bt500s which has sometimes limited me to Bt10,000 (20 notes maximum).

• 2 weeks later...

To update nationwide have just credited my bank account with the lost cash,however they say that it could take up to 120 days to sort out and if they are unable to verify my loss they will give me 7 days notice and then retrieve the cash from my account.

To update nationwide have just credited my bank account with the lost cash,however they say that it could take up to 120 days to sort out and if they are unable to verify my loss they will give me 7 days notice and then retrieve the cash from my account.

At least they were honest. Sometimes the card company will issue an immediate refund, no question asked, and the customer thinks thats the end of that.

But it isnt. If they are not satisfied they will claw back the money later. Happened to a friend of mine who was "double swiped" by a car rental company in Chiang Mai. He then had a hel_l of a job trying to get the money refunded a second time.

This same thing just happened to me at North Pattaya Tesco Aeon.

I attempted to withdraw cash from the machines there, no cash was disbursed, and yet withdrawal show up with my bank.

Thanks to TV for alerting the public to this problem. I reported it to my bank as recommended and will see what happens.

However, I wonder whether there is a possibility that some sort of intentional scam going on here. The bank knows about the problem, the bank doesn't fix the problem, people continue to get ripped off. At the very least, this is negligent.

Even if only 90% of public notice the error, then the 10% goes into the bank's pocket. This could especially affect people without online banking who cannot check up on their account.

The question is, why hasn't the bank fixed it? I have NEVER heard or seen such a problem occurring at an ATM with another bank anywhere.

Is it possible that a technician has somehow tampered with the machine so that the physical funds get trapped/diverted insisde somehow, but the transaction appears to go through? I have no idea.

Is it possible to complain about this matter to someone higher up at the bank, or even the police?