Entry Requirements Into Thailand If On Uk Sex Offenders Register

d2jlr

Oregon? I believe you are speaking of Ashland, Oregon (no, not Arseland). A very nice liberal college town. I have been there a number of times and never saw any public nudity.

http://www.ashland.or.us/

Aside, when one writes nobody wants to see, it is implied you are speaking for people other than yourself.

Edited by Jingthing

Oregon? I believe you are speaking of Ashland, Oregon (no, not Arseland). A very nice liberal college town. I have been there a number of times and never saw any public nudity.

http://www.ashland.or.us/

Aside, when one writes nobody wants to see, it is implied you are speaking for people other than yourself.

Sadly I am a resident of Oregon.

Ashland and Portland areas. Easy to Google. Here is one 10 days ago:

http://liveshots.blogs.foxnews.com/2009/12...ashland-nudity/

Ashland, Oregon is a town known for an annual Shakespeare Festival, its free thinkers and increasingly...nudity. The city council has been grappling with the issue of public nudity ever since a woman moved there from California several years ago. Her frequent displays of nakedness led the city council to pass an ordinance banning nudity in city parks and downtown.

For whatever reason Ashland's reputation as a place where nudity is accepted was cemented. It's not that uncommon, many say to see someone walking down the street with nothing more than a belly pack and tennis shoes. Last May the issue turned more serious when a retired computer programmer was spotted walking nud_e around an elementary school as the kids were leaving for home. One city councilman proposed creating a buffer zone around schools. The effort failed.

Fast forward to October and there was another naked man walking around several schools. He came all the way from Minnesota. The police arrived and had to protect the man from angry parents. The cops told the parents the man was doing nothing illegal. That incident has prompted yet another attempt to legislate nudity in Ashland.

The mayor proposed banning nudity city-wide. That touched off yes, naked protests from those who feel nudity is a form of free speech. And to be sure there is some history of naked protests in Ashland. Anti-war demonstrators held a "buns not bombs" protest attended by one of the city councilmen.

This week the council will take up the mayor's proposal in what figures to be an interesting debate. The city attorney will be asked to clarify how the ordinance does not violate a person's right to expression. If the council passes the ordinance it will actually de-criminalize public nudity in Ashland. Currently it's a misdemeanor to be naked in the parks or downtown. The proposal calls for nakedness to be a violation similar to a parking ticket.

Some of the points made in this thread would be more persuasive with better references.

:)

I just gave you one. Why don't YOU Google Oregon nudity law Portland for yourself and find many, many references, news stories. These are just facts.

in england (?the uk) it is still technically legal for a man to have a piss (aka urinating) in the street / road provided he places his hand (right one i think but not sure) on the car and pee's on the wheel.

Think you'll find it only applies to truck drivers and the hand thing is a myth.

I've googled every which way i can for sex offenders moonie/y UK England etc..

Cannot find any story similar to the OP "friend"

Would like to see more evidence otherwise me tinks someone is telling little porkies...

OP... where can we view news clipping of your friends story..surely something that bizarre would appear in local or even national papers and make it on the internet.

I've googled every which way i can for sex offenders moonie/y UK England etc..

Cannot find any story similar to the OP "friend"

Would like to see more evidence otherwise me tinks someone is telling little porkies...

OP... where can we view news clipping of your friends story..surely something that bizarre would appear in local or even national papers and make it on the internet.

Have to agree, previously worked in this field and surprised if somebody would be put on the sex offenders register for "mooning".

If on the register the person would need to be authorised to leave the country and nobody would authorise a registered sex offender to travel to Thailand.

Non compliance with the terms of the SO register is a criminal offence and I dont think whether this man could get away with this should be discussed on this forum. There are too many people convicted of offences that travel abroad only to repeat the same again.

Op has all the answers he can get from this forum and is advised to have his friend to contact a lawyer with some more details for competent advise.

As this thread seem to be getting off track with a few posts having been deleted all ready it is now closed.