What Did You Have For Xmas Lunch Today?

simon43

On this sunny Christmas Day in Pattaya, I eat a pot of 'Mama' noodles beautifully cooked by my partner, and washed down with a cold beer Chang. Perhaps not your first choice for Xmas fare, but it tasted jolly good, I have to be honest :)

How about you? Traditional turkey with stuffing, or turkey with somtam?

Simon

Roast pork, roast potatoes, savoy cabbage, onion gravy... Home cooking is hard to beat..

Worked on a farm as a kid.. killed and trussed too many turkeys to want to eat them anymore..

post-39406-1261749757_thumb.jpg

Edited by Pdaz

Heading over to New Cross -"Saff" London in about an hours time for big Thai -Farang pub -rest."do" (wifes mates sisters pub) who has been over here in the Smoke since the early 80s.

Half the Thai population in SE London should be there and expect a great night....Fusion Mixture of people and food---Turkey-roast pots-sprouts-xmas pudding all washed down with Green curry..........and of course the hooch will be flowing...

Som na na...init... :)

Tom Yam and Pak Bung - cooked by my own fair hand.

Previously I was a virgin at this non-Xmas game. How was it for me? Great - would have been nice to be with my side of the family for the day but what a hel_l of a relief to avoid all the other Christmas hoopla you get in the so-called developed world (Xmas cards, Xmas presents, office parties, Christmas lunches with business clients, late night shopping, too much food, too much booze, stressed out family matriarchs - do I need to say more) . Just had to put up with a few jingles in Tesco Kantaralak.

I went out alone for chrimbo dinner to Taaysiam (the restaurant in Central shopping centres that uses a boat as the kitchen.. loser with a big L :)

Khor mu yaang and fried chicken wings...!

SantiSuk - chrimbo is great here isn't just jinger ben on repeat in shopping centres and thats bout it...certainly no stress at christmas...

Hope everyone had a good christmas.

At lunch time we had my wife's home made fish and chips, with mushy peas, also home made. Delicious.

In the evening, christmas pudding with brandy sauce. (Both brought from England).

Must admit I missed having mince pies, and my all time Christmas favourite, brandy snaps filled with fresh cream. Ah well, only 364 days to next Christmas. :)

Marinakorn, Chiangmai

Buffet style including turkey. Choice of Western and Thai. Excellent soup but lots of other starters. Very wide dessert menu.

Good atmosphere, quick table clearing, attentive water top ups, wide choice on drinks menu. No restrictions on portion size.

A few more trimmings with the Turkey would have been nice but that woulsd be my only adverse comment

Turkey, dressing, mashed potatoes, gravy, scalloped corn. Cooked it all myself. I'll be eating leftovers for the next month!

not if you invite me over for lunch a couple of times :D

my Christmas:

Lunch

Roast leg of ham, turkey, cous cous, taboula salad, crispy noodle salad, sparkling, some white, followed by: Christmas puddding, Fruit cake, Bread pudding (all home made) served with custard and ice cream :D

Dinner

pre dinner snacks of fresh olives, nuts and italian bread served with pink sparkly

Gazpacho (topped with watermelon, cucumber and fresh basil), entree of avocado and ricotta with dill and thyme (ohhh so yummy!), 3 cheeses quiche with a side of cabbage kofta and rocket, orange and cashew salad, followed by sweet meringue topped with mascapone and summer fruits :) and finally some pistachio chocolates and cardamon flavoured chocs

I didnt need lunch the next day..but hence why am now ready for 2 lunches at SCott's :D

Mig, your first on the list, but I really don't share well. I told everyone I was going out of town for the weekend so I didn't have to share!

I had the Christmas dinner--but not much of the Christmas spirit!

We had a breakfast brunch on Chaweng Beach, Samui. Hubby has pad kapao goong, omlette & tom yum talay, Baby Boo had a club sandwich & fries & I had a bit of theirs. Watermelon shakes, beers, sandcastle making & ice-creams on the beach.

:)