Royal Thai Consulate Birmingham

Just arrived home from the Thai Consulate in Birmingham, UK. Received a one year multiple entry Non O visa. All I had to produce on top of the completed application form, two photographs, my passport and the fee of one-hundred-and-five pounds, was a copy of my marriage cerificate. Was in and out in five minutes.

Sorted now for one year. Of course the normal rules apply, I need to leave every ninety days, but at least I don't have to worry about the hassle and expense of spending a couple of days in Laos, nor the travel to and from, every ninety days. Just a one hour border hop every three months.

So Birmingham now doing applications in person, right?

Up to Oct 2007 (the last time I got one from there), they only did postal applications.

Have always found them very helpful in Brum. Always returned passport and visa immediately - eg posted Monday, back by Wednesday.

So Birmingham now doing applications in person, right?

Up to Oct 2007 (the last time I got one from there), they only did postal applications.

Have always found them very helpful in Brum. Always returned passport and visa immediately - eg posted Monday, back by Wednesday.

got my first one in person dec 2004, i know because post office lost registered letter and i had to go to Peterborough new pasport and Birmingham 3 days before flying out. Karl let me off the £5 extra. thats when they were in the station approach had to be there before 11.30