Pattaya One News

thainet

Actually 'Anqiud' I like the service of being able to read the full story (whether you agree or like the journalism or not) once you click on the link.

Some other News websites give you a 3 line nibble and then ask you to buy the newspaper for the 'rest of the story'. This is a great service I think.

Edited by thainet

But the content sucks. A breakin we had at gunpoint My Girlfriends name & me wanting to beat the <deleted> out of the punks when we had to do the reinactment was the only thing correct out of 20+ questions. They even quoted me as a retired formula 1 race driver from the U.S. There are only 2 . While I was flattered there journalism is all hype!

I find the new layout confusing and the content - perhaps over the New Year period- too stale.

I much preferred the no messing around style of old.

Also, am I right in thinking NO CRIMES were committed (or reported on) over the holiday period? Or are journalists still nursing hangovers?

Amazing Pattaya.

I find the new layout confusing and the content - perhaps over the New Year period- too stale.

Also, am I right in thinking NO CRIMES were committed (or reported on) over the holiday period? Or are journalists still nursing hangovers?

Amazing Pattaya.

I thought my last post was pretty clear. We always close down our office for a few days over the New Year. We are back on 4th January with continuing local news updates.

Amazing Pattaya.

I thought my last post was pretty clear. We always close down our office for a few days over the New Year. We are back on 4th January with continuing local news updates.

That wasn't directed (just) at you. Nobody seems to have been reporting in a serious way for the whole holiday period.

Amazing Pattaya.

That wasn't directed (just) at you. Nobody seems to have been reporting in a serious way for the whole holiday period.

We are just taking a break.....back on Monday.

hm1973, I sent an email to your old website but got no reply so I'll ask again here.

Pattaya One News often reports stories of people being arrested for various different crimes. I don't recall reading any follow up on on what happened to the perpetrators. I assume the those that can't pay their way out eventually end up in court and get sentenced? How about reporting what sentences are dished out?

If a gang of bahtbus pick-pockets is caught and taken to the police station what happens? do they pay a small fine, get out and start stealing again the next day?

What typically are the sentences dished out for murder? Thai murders foreigner? Thai murders Thai? Foreigner murders Thai?

We almost never hear what happens to all these criminals that get caught.

hm1973, I sent an email to your old website but got no reply so I'll ask again here.

Pattaya One News often reports stories of people being arrested for various different crimes. I don't recall reading any follow up on on what happened to the perpetrators. I assume the those that can't pay their way out eventually end up in court and get sentenced? How about reporting what sentences are dished out?

If a gang of bahtbus pick-pockets is caught and taken to the police station what happens? do they pay a small fine, get out and start stealing again the next day?

What typically are the sentences dished out for murder? Thai murders foreigner? Thai murders Thai? Foreigner murders Thai?

We almost never hear what happens to all these criminals that get caught.

All excellent points. My understanding is that the courts do not like reporters reporting in the court, but maybe Howard can confirm.

The reporting of the conviction - or acquital- of criminals is a very important part of the judicial process in any society. If murderers were getting 30 days sentences for example, in most countries, it would be known about through the press and people would be pretty pissed off, but here, who knows?

sharecropper is mostly correct.

Access to the courts for most cases is not easy for local reporters.

Many do not know this and it is something I don't publicize too much, but our team also produce news for National TV stations such as Channel 3, Channel 9, Thai PBS and some national newspapers. They only want to publish or broadcast the crimes themselves and are almost not interested in the sentencing for those involved, as most of the time this is a big anti-climax to the story, assuming the case even gets to Court.

We report on the news as it happens and then move on to the next day and a new set of stories. There is so much to report on in this city that the daily batch of stories keep us well and truly flat-out busy! I guess if I had a Newspaper, then I would use that to round-up the cases and publish a "Court Report", assuming I could get hold of the information. I am surprised some of the local newspapers don't do that.

It looks better today after the holidays when I can tell what is new news and what is old news.

Complaint to Howard:

Given the excellent resolution of the new photos, I am again gutted to see you have not given us more skin on the cavorting Russians. Good looking girls and you cover them up!

I recall something similar the last time some Russkies were caught at it in the sea.

Also I enjoyed the massive irony of your headline today (Kazhakstani brothers arrested in Jomtien in connection with a housing fraud in Khazakstan). They outrageously took deposits from investors and didn't build their promised building.

I mean. How outrageous. But full marks for the police for catching up with them.

Is this called telescopic policing (the further away the crime the better their arrest rate?)

It looks better today after the holidays when I can tell what is new news and what is old news.

Complaint to Howard:

Given the excellent resolution of the new photos, I am again gutted to see you have not given us more skin on the cavorting Russians. Good looking girls and you cover them up!

I recall something similar the last time some Russkies were caught at it in the sea.

Also I enjoyed the massive irony of your headline today (Kazhakstani brothers arrested in Jomtien in connection with a housing fraud in Khazakstan). They outrageously took deposits from investors and didn't build their promised building.

I mean. How outrageous. But full marks for the police for catching up with them.

Is this called telescopic policing (the further away the crime the better their arrest rate?)

I do have still pictures of them naked on the Beach but can't show them for obvious reasons :)

I do have still pictures of them naked on the Beach but can't show them for obvious reasons

Private collection, eh?

What's the take-up been like on the video subscription servce - from here and from overseas?

It is pretty good...it started off slow but then seemed to get going in the middle of last year. Join up and try it if you want....only $1 to try!!!!! (sorry admin/mods for that, but he did asl me the question!)

I do have still pictures of them naked on the Beach but can't show them for obvious reasons

Private collection, eh?

What's the take-up been like on the video subscription servce - from here and from overseas?

It is pretty good...it started off slow but then seemed to get going in the middle of last year. Join up and try it if you want....only $1 to try!!!!! (sorry admin/mods for that, but he did asl me the question!)

I probably would if I lived outside the city or Thailand, but given your website depicts what one can see on an average daily stroll or drive around Pattaya, I'll wait for the Exclusive Freebie Offer!

• 11 months later...

sharecropper is mostly correct.

Access to the courts for most cases is not easy for local reporters.

Many do not know this and it is something I don't publicize too much, but our team also produce news for National TV stations such as Channel 3, Channel 9, Thai PBS and some national newspapers. They only want to publish or broadcast the crimes themselves and are almost not interested in the sentencing for those involved, as most of the time this is a big anti-climax to the story, assuming the case even gets to Court.

We report on the news as it happens and then move on to the next day and a new set of stories. There is so much to report on in this city that the daily batch of stories keep us well and truly flat-out busy! I guess if I had a Newspaper, then I would use that to round-up the cases and publish a "Court Report", assuming I could get hold of the information. I am surprised some of the local newspapers don't do that.

I guess you have a newspaper now :-)