Tourist Visa Extension? Or Second/third Entry?

Dear readers,

I am new to visiting any other country than my own and after reading several posts on this website I got a bit confused about what to do, hope you can help me out.

I (31 yr) am now in Thailand (Chiang Mai) on a 2-entry 60 days Tourist Visa which I applied for in my home country the Netherlands.

First entry started on arrival 14th of November and will be finished the 12th of January.

Already addicted to this country, so I would like to stay longer in Thailand. :)

I want to extend my stay for another 60 days (so 6 months in total).

What is the quickest, most easy and cheapest way to extend?

- Possible to extend my first entry for 30 days? And then do that again with my second entry?

Can I do that in Chiang Mai or do I have to go to Laos (Vientiane?) ?

- Go to Laos (Vientiane?), get a stamp for my second entry 60 days and immediately apply for a 3rd entry for another 60 days?

Should I do the 3rd entry apply during my first period (so within 10 days from now) or wait until the second period is almost/or already finished?

Asking because Burma is closer from here so if only a stamp for 2-nd entry is better, I'd rather go to the nearest border.

Any tips and advice very much appreciated,

Regards,

djtheoz

Extend your current entry for a further 30 days at Immigration 1,900 Baht.

Just before that extension finishes do a border run and get 60 days on entry. Note. Make sure that your Visa is still valid.

Extend you second entry for 30 days at Immigration 1,900 Baht.

Extend your current entry for a further 30 days at Immigration 1,900 Baht.

Just before that extension finishes do a border run and get 60 days on entry. Note. Make sure that your Visa is still valid.

Extend you second entry for 30 days at Immigration 1,900 Baht.

Thanks for the reply! Getting another entry for 60 days instead is more expensive? (besides travelling to the border)

Not sure what you mean. Either you extend your 60 day stay with 30 days at an immigraiton office or you go to the border and leave and re-enter Thailand for your next 30 day entry. After that you can either extend (again) for 30 days and leave the country to get a new tourist visa. You would have to go to an embassy abroad to get the new visa.

It really helps me too, i am in same confusion, i been to thialand before and plan to visit on this 10th of Jan, I am going to get visa tomorrow.. i am confuse about couple of issues...

I will reach BKK on 10th then leave on 14th to KL then from KL i will return back to BKK on 2nd Feb then stay a month in Thailand. As i noticed my last visa there was no days mentions, how many days can i stay for each entry? I am going to apple for 2 entry 60 days tourist visa...

Each entry is for 60 days. Each entry can be extended for another 30 days at Immigration 1,900 Baht.

However when you leave for KL your 1st 60 day entry will finish. So you will only get 5 days.

Another option would be to get a single entry and apply for a Re Entry Permit from Immigration 1,000 Baht. This would keep your 60 days alive. Taking you up to around 10th March

I am bit confuse, why will i only get 5 days on 2nd entry? if i get back on Feb 02 to BKK, then then thats 22nd day, so isnt that i will get another 38 days.. or for another entry will i not get another 60 days or 30 days....or i am getting it totally wrong....

Getting a single entry visa and then apply for another entry sounds nice but do i need to go to immigration office or it can be done airport in BKK...

Thanks for the help

You will get 60 days on each entry - but as soon as you leave that entry ends. So your first entry you will only use about 4-5 days. But that is fine as you only plan to stay a month on your second tourist visa entry of 60 days. First visit use visa entry one and second visit visa entry two.

Each entry is for 60 days. Each entry can be extended for another 30 days at Immigration 1,900 Baht.

However when you leave for KL your 1st 60 day entry will finish. So you will only get 5 days.

Another option would be to get a single entry and apply for a Re Entry Permit from Immigration 1,000 Baht. This would keep your 60 days alive. Taking you up to around 10th March

do u reckon 1 month extntion for 1900 is bit steep?