Bangkok - New Immigration Branch Office

Chamchuri Square is on the northeast corner of Phraram 4 (Rama IV) Road and Phayathai Road, on the corner of the Chulalongkorn University campus.

This is 3rd party information; I have not yet been there myself. But, I have been informed that the new Immigration office is now up and running at the above location. Apparently, this office replaces the one that was in the Rasa Tower on Phahonyothin Road, though again, I haven't been there recently, so do not know if that one remains open or not.

I will have no reason to go into the new office myself in the near future, but it would be helpful to all if anyone who is in there in the next few days would post any details concerning the new place here.

I would be interested to know whether I can do my 90 day reports here. I did my first report at Chaengwattana, but it would be much more convenient if I could do my next one at Chamchuri Square.

I had no problem doing 90 day reporting at Rasa Tower, even with handing them 4 or 5 different passports at once. When I was there last month I asked about continuing to do 90 day reporting at the new Chamchuri Square branch.

The guy said as long as you were in Bangkok and not required to go to a ‘special branch’ of immigrations ever since they divided up who goes where depending on where you live, it was not a problem.

It would be good to hear first hand info when someone goes out there to report, as any real information would help us all know what to expect.

FWIW: Most big hospitals which cater to foreigners offer the 90-day reporting at the customer service centers, but currently they charge about 500 baht, which is a 300 baht price increase since Immigrations moved from Suan Plu to Changwattana.

(edited for sa-pelling)

Edited by tod-daniels

• 2 months later...

(also posted this in the 90 day reporting thread, but this thread may be more relevant)

I went to renew by visa & work permit today at the new One Stop ay Chamchuree/Chamchuri, and things were rather slow - I just wanted to warn people who might be going there in the next few months.

We got a messenger to go along with my documents and passport to get a queue number ahead of me getting there with my Thai wife (after dropping kids at school).

He was there at 8.30, and our queue number was 39.

We arrived at about 9.15, but didn't get to present our documents (for the visa renewal) until 3pm

(at least there's a busy mall downstairs, where you can have a haircut and foot massage - and plenty of restaurants, with a food court & Tescos in the basement)

We spoke to an agent who go's there regularly, and she told us that the person who got queue no.1 was there at 05.50

she was there at 06;30 and no.10

She also said that a number of the officials had been promoted recently, so there weren't many available to do the processing - to start with there were only 2 on the relevant counters (no. 1-13 I think), there were a few more later.

My wife spoke to the officials, and they said that they are really overworked - having to stay until 6 or 7pm. If you get a queue no. then they said that you will be processed that day. Also, the current Internal Security Act meant that new officials couldn't be transferred to them.

Once our documents were taken though, the process was pretty speedy - taking just over 1 hour until I had the visa complete.

I've got to go back tomorrow to do my WP though!

just a warning....