New Resident Jomtien Beach

mcyachty

Hi all,

I am a new resident here, and I am looking for a cheap 4wd to buy. Not sure whether to post this in the local sub-section or in the Automotive section. Hope this is ok.

I want to buy a car. I would love a Jeep or Landcruiser, but ecconomics may dictate a Suzuki.

If you know of anything, please could you PM me?

I appreciate your time.

Edited by mcyachty

Hi there,

Thanks for the replies. It appears that 200,000 is real cheap. I have got about 400,000 in Aus, half of which is a personal loan. I was not keen on spending the whole lot, and was hoping to ditch the loan, and only spend what was left. This is my quandry.

Any advice on whether I should shop outside the province, and say go to buy in Bangkok?

I have checked the Thaivisa classifides, and Bahtsold. I have ridden up Sukhumvit Highway and checked out the secondhand car yards, but the feeling I get is t have my hand very close to my pocket. Bit like Parramatta Rd in Sydney. One has a few old Land Rovers, but I need to try and not buy with the heart.

Hi there,

Thanks for the replies. It appears that 200,000 is real cheap. I have got about 400,000 in Aus, half of which is a personal loan. I was not keen on spending the whole lot, and was hoping to ditch the loan, and only spend what was left. This is my quandry.

Any advice on whether I should shop outside the province, and say go to buy in Bangkok?

I have checked the Thaivisa classifides, and Bahtsold. I have ridden up Sukhumvit Highway and checked out the secondhand car yards, but the feeling I get is t have my hand very close to my pocket. Bit like Parramatta Rd in Sydney. One has a few old Land Rovers, but I need to try and not buy with the heart.

Morning Mr. Mac.

You'll be hard pressed to find what you want, and even harder goling outside Pattaya. Do you want a jeep style, which will shake the shit outta ya! or are you looking for a SUV? A decent SUV around 500K. Good luck. and there aint no up the windsor road and let me do a deal 4 youuuuuuu. Remember him?

Yes mate,

"up the Windsor Road to Baukham Hills"

I am in a real quandry now. My nickname, MCyachty, is a combination of passions. 1 being motorcycling, and the other yachting. So do I buy a scooter or a bigger bike, and or a car. I have had in the past 5 land rovers in Sydney, and a Suzuki Sierra, same same as Carribean here. So bumpy I am used to. As or the Land Rovers, I have already decided to steer away from my heart talking. If I go with a bike, it seems there are as many dealers as 7 Elevens. I am sure a my luck goes, I will pick the crook. I had a look at a Honda 125 for 70k with all the bells and whistles. Seems quite nice. 2700 for 2 years insurance is a bargain.

The real argument for 4 wheels is for shoping, trips to Bangkok and longer, and picking up mates an so on.

Oh the decisions.

Yes mate,

"up the Windsor Road to Baukham Hills"

I am in a real quandry now. My nickname, MCyachty, is a combination of passions. 1 being motorcycling, and the other yachting. So do I buy a scooter or a bigger bike, and or a car. I have had in the past 5 land rovers in Sydney, and a Suzuki Sierra, same same as Carribean here. So bumpy I am used to. As or the Land Rovers, I have already decided to steer away from my heart talking. If I go with a bike, it seems there are as many dealers as 7 Elevens. I am sure a my luck goes, I will pick the crook. I had a look at a Honda 125 for 70k with all the bells and whistles. Seems quite nice. 2700 for 2 years insurance is a bargain.

The real argument for 4 wheels is for shoping, trips to Bangkok and longer, and picking up mates an so on.

Oh the decisions.

Mac, give me a call

john 081 376 1773