Anyone Had A Baby In Thailand

tigerfish

what if something had gone wrong!

Do you know more about problems in childbirth than a doctor?

My first was born in an expensive(rip-off) hospital called Bamrungrad and I was present. The second was born in a govt. one and I wasn't and I didn't want to be anyway.

After a few years, you'll have no interest anyway about the 500 photos you took that first day or the silly footfrint.

Wow you're a ray of sunshine Neeranam. You're not Victor Meldrew are you?

My daughter was born in Bumrungrad. First class all the way, and I was there, no problem. Expensive? Well, it was 50,000 baht all in, two nights in a private room and all food and of course medical charges. If that is considered expensive, try paying for that same treatment in a US hospital. Think $25,000, at least.

:)

I don't want o into the details but I was ripped off - the ICU unit was empty so they decided my daughter should go there even though there was nothing wrong with her. Anyways was 80,000 - you are lucky. Still 300 baht every time she wanted to use the breast pump!

I bet they told your wife she needed a cesarean - those doctors can't cancel a tee-time. AND the bloody doctor got a free weekend in my mother-in-laws beach hotel - but that's another story about the God-like nature of such distinguished medics.

No, not a cesarean, which probably accounts for your extra cost. Mind you, I wouldn't restrict your complaints on the subject of cesarean's to Thai doctors. It seems to be a global problem to me, especially in the US. The whole issue of the increase in cesareans being performed is a scandal. Any doctor's out there care to comment (or even all you wannabe doctors).