Server :

MMSC : http://mms.mobilelife.co.th

MMS Proxy : 203.170.229.34

MMS Port : 8080

MCC : 520

MNC : 01

Authentication type :

APN type :

I've just been messing around with the internet on my phone and have managed to get buy but the other day I really needed to send an MMS and couldn't.

I found these settings on a Thai language web site and it appears to work.

The EDGE/GPRS works and I could send a MMS picture to my wife's phone (N95) However, her trying to send me one back did not. I received notification on my Nexus that there was a msg to Download and i click the button but the down load fails.

I have not tried this yet with another handset sending to the Nexus

So at this point with the above configuration settings

Internet: Yes

MMS send: Yes

MMS receive: not confirmed

can some one give this a shot and tell me is it just the N95 not talking nice to my Nexus?

• 3 weeks later...
Amazingly, it sometimes stutters and jerks when swiping and typing. Considering how much newer it is vs. iPhone 3GS that was a total shock and disappointment. It feels like the old iPhone 3G

I've had a Nexus for a couple of weeks. Took a while to get used to it, but now I love it. Re. the above quote, this was a frustration for me as well. But I've found the cause - if the hand holding the nexus wraps around and touches the edges of the screen even a little bit, you can get very weird response when trying to manipulate the screen. Keep your 'holding' hand off the screen works great.

• 2 weeks later...

Im glad I found this thread thanks for posting. I am heading out to buy a new phone this weekend and have narrowed it down to the Nexus One and HTC HD2. I have read more reviews than I care to remember but would really like to know what the experience is in thailand, I use an blackberry 9700 at the moment but feel that its time to embrace touch screen.

Few quick questions for Nexus one users:

Someone mentioned the thai 3g will not work on the Nexus one?

What is the availability of Android apps in thailand? The blackberry appworld is extremely limited in its thai format.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated

Check out some of the many Android-centric threads. There are probably more Android apps on Android Marked than you could use in a lifetime.

Note the HTC HD2, though a cool piece of hardware, is Windows based, not Android.

Check out some of the many Android-centric threads. There are probably more Android apps on Android Marked than you could use in a lifetime.

Note the HTC HD2, though a cool piece of hardware, is Windows based, not Android.

Have taken the plunge and purchased a Nexus One today from MBK but cannot for the life of me find out what 3G Freq is used. Will go out and buy a True and TOT sims to check which one works as from the instruction manual it seems this is the EU spec so should work on TOT/AIS and not True/DTAC when available.

Anyway first thoughts are that this phone gives so much customization it is unbelievable.

• 2 weeks later...

^ I used my Nexus One on Vietnam's Mobifone 3G network without a hitch. I just went online to their website and found the AP configuration. I also found the following frequency info.

"Mobifone stated their 3G service used a 2.100 MHz frequency band to keep subscribers’ communications smooth when moving in regions covered by 2G and 3G networks."

So if any of Thailand's 3G networks use this frequency, I would assume the Nexus One will work on these too.

• 2 weeks later...

Or would you advice any other HTC mobile ? (actually I would like to find one with a real keyboard, not only the one one the screen).

I have recently picked up the HTC desire as have a few other members. I'm quite happy with it and as for the keyboard, due to the large screen size, the onscreen keyboard of the Desire works very well. The performance is remarkable due to the 1GHz processor.

Another topic on some of the latest HTCs > Htc's New Releases - Thailand Forum

• 2 weeks later...

the website in the US offers two versions. Which one is better for Thailand or does it matter?

---------------

Two versions of the device are currently offered. Both versions support four GSM radio frequencies (850/900/1800/1900), but the supported 3G/UMTS bands will differ depending on the version selected. When ordering, you'll be able to select either of the following devices:

• 3G coverage on networks that use the 850 MHz, 1900 MHz, and 2100 MHz frequency bands (recommended for use on AT&T in the US)
  • 3G coverage on networks that use the 900 MHz, AWS, and 2100 MHz frequency bands (recommended for use on T-Mobile in the US)

• 2 months later...

For DTAC Internet and MMS to work on Google Nexus 1 (HTC Android phone)

I have created two APNs. Only one of the APNs will have the

select button displayed. There may be an easier way but this method works.

After creating both APNs reboot phone before using. To test go to

camera and send a picture (share) to yourself using messaging.

To create: [settings] [Wireless & networks] [Mobile Networks]

[Access Point Names]

APN Number 1 (select button displayed)

Name - DTAC Internet

APN - www.dtac.co.th

Proxy - Not Set

Port - Not Set

Username - Not Set

Password - Not Set

Server - 203.155.200.133

MMSC - http://mms.dtac.co.th:8002/

MMS Proxy - 203.155.200.133

MMS port - 8080

MCC 520

MNC 18

Authentication type - none

APN Type - default

APN Number 2 (no select button displayed)

Name - DTAC mms

APN - mms

Proxy - Not Set

Port - Not Set

Username - Not Set

Password - Not Set

Server - Not Set

MMS port - 8080

MCC 520

MNC 18

APN Type - mms

APNs page list will look like this:

DTAC Internet *

www.dtac.co.th

DTAC mms

mms

Try these settings

Name : AIS

APN : internet/mms

Proxy : 203.170.229.34

Port : 8080

Username :

Password :

Server :

MMSC : http://mms.mobilelife.co.th

MMS Proxy : 203.170.229.34

MMS Port : 8080

MCC : 520

MNC : 01

Authentication type :

APN type :

I've just been messing around with the internet on my phone and have managed to get buy but the other day I really needed to send an MMS and couldn't.

I found these settings on a Thai language web site and it appears to work.

The EDGE/GPRS works and I could send a MMS picture to my wife's phone (N95) However, her trying to send me one back did not. I received notification on my Nexus that there was a msg to Download and i click the button but the down load fails.

I have not tried this yet with another handset sending to the Nexus

So at this point with the above configuration settings

Internet: Yes

MMS send: Yes

MMS receive: not confirmed

can some one give this a shot and tell me is it just the N95 not talking nice to my Nexus?

• 7 months later...

For DTAC Internet and MMS to work on Google Nexus 1 (HTC Android phone)

I have created two APNs. Only one of the APNs will have the

select button displayed. There may be an easier way but this method works.

After creating both APNs reboot phone before using. To test go to

camera and send a picture (share) to yourself using messaging.

To create: [settings] [Wireless & networks] [Mobile Networks]

[Access Point Names]

APN Number 1 (select button displayed)

Name - DTAC Internet

APN - www.dtac.co.th

Proxy - Not Set

Port - Not Set

Username - Not Set

Password - Not Set

Server - 203.155.200.133

MMS port - 8080

MCC 520

MNC 18

APN Type - default

APN Number 2 (no select button displayed)

Name - DTAC mms

APN - mms

Proxy - Not Set

Port - Not Set

Username - Not Set

Password - Not Set

Server - Not Set

MMS port - 8080

MCC 520

MNC 18

APN Type - mms

APNs page list will look like this:

DTAC Internet *

www.dtac.co.th

DTAC mms

mms

Just to note that this is still the working connection for DTAC Internet, the only one in the google results for "DTAC Internet APN settings" that works. The settings work perfectly on my Samsung Galaxy 3 (Android) after a reboot. On Anfroid 2.2 there's no "default" option for APN Type but "Internet/MMS" works fine. I haven't tried sending an MMS though, and haven't done since 2002...