5-a-side Football / Futsal -sathorn/silom, Wanna Play?

damaja

Hi Guys

I've done my back in liffting up a fat kid on Friday night at his birthday party. Can't make it this week as I'm not able to walk to good let alone run around. Enjoy. Hope the new pitch is good.

Cheers,

Rob

• Replies 889
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<deleted>!... What did i tell you about lifting fat kids ... never listen do you..

Hi Guys

I've done my back in liffting up a fat kid on Friday night at his birthday party. Can't make it this week as I'm not able to walk to good let alone run around. Enjoy. Hope the new pitch is good.

Cheers,

Rob

Hey, anyone who saw my footwear debacle last week will be aware why I cant make it this week. (Unless i find some footwear in the next 2 hours). Although if there is any grouping for a certain game of football tonight let me know. Enjoy the new pitch.

Hi Guys

Cheers,

Rob

cheesy.gif

Hi Guys

Cheers,

Rob

cheesy.gif

Cheered up my day with that too! Nice one Rob :)

Needless to say my judgement at the time of the lift was several beers to the worse. Back feeling much better now though thank you for all of your concern...

Are we at Arsenal again this week? May have a few newbies to bring also.

Cheers,

Rob (loves picking up fat kids) Rose

Ok, for this weekend's Bangkok footy excursion, the venue is still to be confirmed...

I just about managed to communicate a 4pm booking yesterday at the Soccerpro place in Sathorn/Rama3, but then when I got my housekeeper to talk to them in Thai today (she's not around on Fridays so I'd muddled along with bits of crap Thai & pidgeon English previously), they said the price would be 1700 bht each hour - in spite of the fact that their website says that the rates are 1100 before 5pm and 1200 after!? So, I smelled a bit of a fish there and told them 'no thx'!

So, now I've called Brian about the 'Superkick' place in Ladprao, which does look very nice and has more/better facilities than the Arsenal one by the looks of it, plus it actually has quite a big pitch size according to their website - 50m x 30m (http://www.superkick.in.th/field.asp) - at 1200-1500 bht/hr (http://www.superkick.in.th/facility_detail.asp?fid=23)

But, as the map on the website is pretty crap (http://www.superkick.in.th/contactus.asp) not entirely sure about how easy it is to get to, so Brian's going to go down there and check it out this afternoon.

As a backup, I've checked with Arena-10 (the Thonglor one we played at before: http://www.arena10.com/) and they have availability from 5pm-7pm, so if Brian says the Superkick one in Ladprao is a bit of a trek, then we'll go to Arena 10 instead.

Sorry it's a bit last minute again guys... been a busy week for me again and got thrown by the Soccerpro dodginess today.

Check later this evening for an update and confirmation.

You managed to locate a pair of size 13's trainers then Brian, or are you going for bare foot again this week ?

If possible can someone post a google maps location for the pitch - many of us will be able to follow it easily then.

I can offer a lift to those who live near Rama IV (Near Bangkok Uni).

Ok, update:

Good news: Brian checked out the Superkick place in Ladprao and confirms it's a "very nice setup" etc., and that it's about a 10-15 min txi/motorbike ride from the MRT station.

Bad news: It was only available at the 1pm-3pm slot tomorrow.

So, I've decided we can wait till next week to try that one (after checking the viable times with everyone tomorrow) and have instead confirmed the Arena 10 booking.

Confirmation then:

Sunday 18th July, *5pm - 7pm*.

Arena 10

Address: 225/11 Thonglor Soi 10, Thonglor (Sukhumvit 55), BKK 10110.

Tel: 02 392 2313 / 0863 262133

(Google maps link:

http://maps.google.co.th/maps?q=arena+10+thonglo&hl=en&cd=2&ei=2IxBTNWrO4HYvAPp7JilDg&sig2=Hpv-1wJHY90XTCYbXmFt4g&ie=UTF8&view=map&cid=7098069884151787377&iwloc=A&ved=0CBkQpQY&sa=X )

*NOTE: total cost for pitch for 2 hrs is 3000 bht, so please be aware it will cost 200-300 bht each, depending on how many players we have.

Also, remember, it's astro-turf.

Instead of trainers I have mastered playing football while doing a handstand for the entire match this week because Thai football boots only fit my hands, hope nobody minds me playing like this.

For that Super Kick pitch in Lad Prao. Taking the Sukhumvit MRT as a starting point. Go the seven stops to Lad Prao station (about 15mins). From here you will need transport but depending on the disregard you have for you own body (motorbike/tuk-tuk/taxi) you can be at Soi 80 in 10/15 mins. Just go straight down the Soi, (no turning) until you see it. I don't drive here but I guess google maps is showing Chalong Rat Expressway as a way to get you there pretty sharpish. My guess is it wont take any longer this way on a Sunday .

Only had a look at this place for first time today. Although its not centrally located, its a pretty fuc_kin impressive set up. Four pitches and all were booked out this weekend so its drawing people in. The pitches are FIFA recognised and have all the bells and whistles with clear markings, fences, benches and a digital clock. All are completely roof covered. There is a big building for changing rooms/bar etc and loads of other facilities on site. Pitches look pristine but I guess you need to play on them to see. Price is much the same as anywhere else, cheaper than some.

P.S An added bonus is there is a TV studio across the road so anyone brave enough to put an end to Thai soap operas can do their damage here. (I will gladly help).

Thanks a lot again Brian for going down to the Superkick place and checking it out. Directions and report much appreciated.

Definitely sounds worth trying next week.

I look forward to seeing how you try and head the ball while ur using ur handstand methodology ;)

I'm hoping that the relative quiet and lack of responses this week isn't indicative of how many people will be coming out to Arena 10 in Thonglor today...?

Hi guys,<BR><BR>hope the footy was a success last weekend. Any news on the plan for this Sunday?<BR><BR>Barring any accidents, floods, food poisoning before then, i'm still a definite.<BR><BR>Cheers

Ok, there is news on this Sunday:

I've booked us a slot at 'Superkick' (http://www.superkick...h/contactus.asp)

4pm - 6pm

I've even added the place to Google maps (judged by the map on their website: http://www.superkick.in.th/map.asp )

with a route from the 'Thailand Cultural centre MRT' station, which estimates 10 mins in a taxi:

http://bit.ly/cmePgg

Note, the pitch is bigger even than the Arsenal one (20m x 40m), at 30m x 50m, so is actually suitable for 7-a-side! So, it's crucial that we have *at least* 10 players, but preferably 14+.

I know 4 guys already said last Sunday that they'd be away this week (Matt H., Tamo, Jai +1), so we really need 10 firm confirmations by Saturday morning, or I'll cancel the Super Kick booking and try for Arena 10 instead.

Steve (SICA), I'll take your post as confirmation, plus me, so another 8+ posts please:......

:)

Edited by damaja

5 so far

Keep em comin!

I know BkkStevie is still away for another couple of weeks.

What about other 'regulars'?

Angus,

Josh,

John,

Rob,

Vik,

Sam,

Chris A.,

Bob,

Emanuel... ?

Mike -recovered yet?

Come on, we'll need all of you on a nice big pitch like this for this Sunday!