Valium Bust Strands Kiwi Teen In Phuket

george

This is a really horrible story. Poor kid. My mum used to give me half a valium when I was about 13 or 14 to help me sleep. He should get an official apology and the cops should know their stuff.

no... they should lock your mum up

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This kid comes to Thailand and disrespects the Thai people with his drug usage? Why didn't he stay at home if he wanted to abuse drugs? Thai government must keep a hard line on this type of trouble making by farang. I think he deserves a few months inside to sober up.

Not into Drugs myself but does anyone else know of another use for Valium other than as a Tranquiliser????

Not into Drugs myself but does anyone else know of another use for Valium other than as a Tranquiliser????

I know I was prescribed Valium as a muscle relaxant for my bad back... nothing else even comes close to touching on it when it is playing up...

I think someone posted up earlier that treatment on muscle spasming is the largest reason for prescribing valium...

The kid in question said he bought it to help him sleep after too many 'energy drinks' read, Vodka Red Bulls (I can't sleep after drinking these)... although it is also widely used for kids trying to sleep after amphetamine usage... maybe the cops had the shits that they couldn't find anything else on him, when they thought he looked like he was speeding...

Cheers,

Daewoo

This kid comes to Thailand and disrespects the Thai people with his drug usage? Why didn't he stay at home if he wanted to abuse drugs? Thai government must keep a hard line on this type of trouble making by farang. I think he deserves a few months inside to sober up.

Yup, your nickname fits, valium is hardly a drug to be abused, and a Thai pharmacist probably sold them to him. Another wonderful advert for LOS

What’s wrong with you? A youngster got caught with a few (nine) Valiums and you’d like to see him in jail for a few months? He bought them in a drug store and got arrested. That’s insane. Why did he disrespect Thais?

So Motownblues, I guess your trying to tell the board that your an ex cop from a developed country.

I would have throught your police training and supervision would have taught you to not 'label' people until there is appropriate evidence.

But hel_l no, you choose to quickly label this 'kid' a 'druggie'. Where's your evidence?

And sorry if you don't like the word 'kid' but he is after all a 17 year old high school boy and the age where people are considered to be adults is 18 in most countries .

Thanks a lot for your post. It seems that some guys here are just waiting for some weird news like that. Please think what 17 year old are doing in other countries……..

He did buy the Valium for recreational purposes whether from a chemist or on the street is not disclosed. It would be reasonable to prosecute the chemist if known and give the kid the choice of a quick trip to the airport voluntarily or the court process. In this case sending him out of the country would send enough of a message and if published also a message to others.

No it's called not turning a blind eye to criminal activities. I can see which team you like to play with and it is certainly not the good guys.

Wow! You sound like such a fun guy but we know that you are nothing more than your typical arrogant Aussie oink. Just a uniform with a chip on your shoulder and a gun on your belt.

Do you any friends?

You sound like the typical criminal type who supports crime. I guess you got caught one time and now you blame the police for catching you and giving you a criminal record. The same type that when anything goes wrong goes running to the cops. The only thing that owuld make you happy would be if there were no laws and no police so that you would be free to do what ever you want and to whoever you please.

AHHH. This is what I love about LOS. A guy blows another mans head off in cold blood, and gets 2 years.

This kid buys some muscle relaxers from a legit pharmacy, and could get one year! Ask yourself, is it half as bad!?

And what about a prescription from outside of thailand? All my years here tell me that this kid was up to something else. There is more to this story. :)

He did buy the Valium for recreational purposes...

How does one use Valium for recreational purposes?

For Harry

How do you now he bought it for recreational purposes?

Unless you are personally very close to this kid, how can you possibly know that "He bought it for recreational purposes"?

As always, lots of people who make all sorts of assumptions.

He did buy the Valium for recreational purposes...

How does one use Valium for recreational purposes?

For Harry

How do you now he bought it for recreational purposes?

Unless you are personally very close to this kid, how can you possibly know that "He bought it for recreational purposes"?

As always, lots of people who make all sorts of assumptions.

Teen returns home from Thai jail

A Sydney teenager has arrived home after spending two nights in a Thai jail during a schoolies trip.

Taylor Laird was caught with sleeping pills in Phuket at the end of last year and the 17 year old was locked up in a windowless cell where he says he was too scared to sleep.

Taylor had to wait 6 weeks to face court before he could leave Thailand.

He says he didn't know the sleeping pills were illegal and bought them because he'd had too many energy drinks.

source: bigpondnews.com

Abuse of energy driniks (Probably mixed with vodka) is in my opininion not for medical purposes but for recreational purposes.

Maybe he should have justgone to schoolies in australia and it may have been tolerated but here if he cannot comply with the laws THailand has every right to expell him. I do feel that keeping him in jail was probably not a good response. I for one think thepenalty is too severe however it was apparently not anaproved medical use of the drug.

He did buy the Valium for recreational purposes

No....he didn't.....Read post 132. Ah, I se now you have latched onto the "energy drink abuse". Get real man.

The chemist is more at fault here. The kid is perfectly entitled to ask for whatever he wants.

It is entirely up to the chemist to give it or not. He can only have what he was given.

The point here really is not whether he got or was given the pills....but the action of those disgusting thugs in brown. The "policeman" is the culprit. He asked for a bribe, the kid was the new boy on the block, didn't know the score and so this low life took his revenge by busting him. This "policeman" has committed a far more serious crime than this young lad. He is the one who should be in front of a judge.

Edited by harleyclarkey

This kid probably intended to distribute them to other school children when he got back. Perhaps he was already doing so in Thailand. I am sure he wanted the Valium for "his headache". Yeah right! A whole package? What is that, 100 pills? I tell you, the farang that come here just keep getting worse and worse.

Hey Joker, what’s wrong with your brain? The joke is you now.