Walls In A Building Outside And Inside

Hi

I am intending to build a house but I do not like wooden panels or wooden walls. Here in Germany we do us OSB (chipwood panels) and plaster walls called Rigips on top and I think the english expression is drywall. To my understanding that is not common in Thailand also due to plaster starting to atract milldue. How are walls beteen rooms and wall for the ouside are made in thai villas if wood is not n option?

I am reading here about SIPS walls and Superblock but do not understand what it means. Does anyone have a link for me?

Regards

Oliver

These blocks are the so-called super blocks

05-WallCavity.jpg

They are very easy to lay and much quicker to do then brick walls and have a superior insulation factor if used with a cavity. This picture is from my house that is currently under construction, and I use also a double row for the inner walls. This has many advantages such as hiding the conduits in the cavity, and good heat and sound insulation between rooms.

thanks, I think I know those stones, are they relatively light? The look like plaster material?

Do you put rockwool into the gap?

These super blocks are made in autoclaves and are rather light weight and comes in different sizes. Similar products from e.g. Y-tong have been used in Northern Europe for over 50 years and they are excellent building materials.

No, I will not use rockwool insulation because of the damp risk as I do not want a sick house. The reason for that is because here in the tropics it is virtually impossible to keep the moisture out. I will be thus be using the thicker type aluminium sheet made by CPAC under the roof tiles as a shield for radiant heat. The convection that will be building up in the space between the roof and the cealings, will be vented away.

yes, right, we call it YTONG, forgot the name. Butis that noz a plaster material? Plaster will catch milldue, won't it?

Why does Rochwool stop 'breathing'? Rockwool is not to stop damp it is just insulation or am I wrong?