True Internet Behaving Badly?

gavob

I have had True 8mb service for 3 months here in Pattaya and could not be happer. I am bit torrenting at a very fast rate and in the time I have had it it has been down just a few hours over the whole time. It does reset every once in a while but all in all this is Thailand and I am happy.

Good to hear there is finally another person on the 8mb package and is happy with the service and speeds !!!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have TOT.

For the passed 1 week, internet keeps dropping out for a few mins at a time and this happened the whole day. I have called 1177 call centre, the technician came to my house and the first thing he did checked <a href="http://speedtest.adslthailand.com/</a>" target="_blank">ADSL speed. I told him that my complaints was not about the speed but the connection kept dropping.

I just moved to around Soi Ari and was forced to use TOT. I have their 8MB package. This is the same thing that's happened here. The support was useless and kept saying to call the router manufacturer (hilarious). The building owner, having the same problems, called someone at TOT's NOC via a personal contact and they said there was some kind of outage at (his words) their local router. I assume this is their local switching station or whatever it's called. They said they were working to fix it. It got fixed a couple of days ago and now the internet's fine for several hours then drops constantly for several hours. This used to happen to me with True several years ago, but my last 2 years of True has been almost 100% problem free. I wish I could go back, but maybe this TOT stuff will work itself out.

Trying to make this post, for example, required waiting 3 minutes for my connection to come back up.

The reason why you cannot see ThaiVisa images, is that you probably use OpenDNS or Google DNS. TRUE has heavily f*cked up something about their DNS system and their corresponding proxy/censorship Software. Occasionally I have no access to Blogspot for the same reason.

Argh!! This solved my True internet problems.

I switched from OpenDNS to Google DNS back to OpenDNS over the last month and a half in some vain attempts amongst many to fix my problems with Facebook and other sites. I just now reset the DNS settings back to True's DNSes, and all problems vanished. These alternate DNSes worked fine before January. I see why there are problems with them now from filingaccount's post on page 1 of this thread. Frustrating.

Many thanks to you, 'GreenSnapper', and to 'filingaccount'.

The reason why you cannot see ThaiVisa images, is that you probably use OpenDNS or Google DNS. TRUE has heavily f*cked up something about their DNS system and their corresponding proxy/censorship Software. Occasionally I have no access to Blogspot for the same reason.

Argh!! This solved my True internet problems.

I switched from OpenDNS to Google DNS back to OpenDNS over the last month and a half in some vain attempts amongst many to fix my problems with Facebook and other sites. I just now reset the DNS settings back to True's DNSes, and all problems vanished. These alternate DNSes worked fine before January. I see why there are problems with them now from filingaccount's post on page 1 of this thread. Frustrating.

Many thanks to you, 'GreenSnapper', and to 'filingaccount'.

I have just canceled my subscription with Loxinfo after 10 years of satisfaction. I am online 24 hours a day and haven't been disconnected for over a month.

So why did I cancel? The price. True offer twice the speed for the same amount as I pay Loxinfo. We tried for several weeks to bring the price down at Loxinfo but without success.

Several friends are using True and say they have no complaints and that they have no disconnections so I took the plunge and cancelled Loxinfo. I hope I have done the right thing. When I see how few complaints there compared with the number of customers True has I feel a little more confident that it'll be Ok.

Funnily enough, I just did the same thing for the same reason. Quite curious to know how it turned out for you, so far I'm a bit unhappy but then I've been playing with the DNS servers as well.

If these problems don't go away I am heading straight back to Loxinfo (in fact I haven't even called them to cancel yet, maybe I just need my connection switched!)