True Internet Becomming Worse?

Crypt36

I was so happy when I just got True in my condo 3 months back. The so promissing new internet provider. And it worked! Always online and good speeds.

But for the past 3 weeks it's down all the time! Never long but dam_n often. Like 4 times a day. And the speeds in the evening are horrible now whilest they were just fine when I just subscribed.

Anyone else having the same problem?

No, not me

I have the True 3MB

this morning it is 3219kbps

in the evenings it drops a little but never below 2889kbps

on the 24th March it will be 6 years with True, can count on one hand the problems in 6 years, so where I live out in the sticks it is VERY good + get what I pay for more of less 100% of the time

You must be blessed ignis.

6 years and only a few call outs?

I've been through 6 service providers in the last 6 years - I'm not happy with any of them - I used to get a better internet connection when I had a 56.6k modem back in the UK.

Where abouts in the sticks are you? I'll guarantee its not the N.E.

You must be blessed ignis.

6 years and only a few call outs?

I've been through 6 service providers in the last 6 years - I'm not happy with any of them - I used to get a better internet connection when I had a 56.6k modem back in the UK.

Where abouts in the sticks are you? I'll guarantee its not the N.E.

50km north west of BKK

try using their proxy server. Some days with proxy is better, some other days without. Depends on which buttons Somchai pressed in the morning. He won't tell you, but now you know how to outsmart him. :)

True installer man set up mine as 'proxy.asianet.co.th'

I have never had any reason so change it

No, not me

I have the True 3MB

on the 24th March it will be 6 years with True, can count on one hand the problems in 6 years, so where I live out in the sticks it is VERY good + get what I pay for more of less 100% of the time

Out Phrae way "True" is pox! Supposidly 100Mbps, horse feathers! Most of the time I can't even get my home page to download & opening 3 web pages brings the whole thing to a shuddering stop! :D:):D

i just moved to Pattaya used be with CAT air card no service here yet but coming this year. i got AIS dongle its the worst intert service i have ever had hardly ever goes over 10kb bloody ueless and another rip off

Edited by NALAK

No, not me

I have the True 3MB

Out Phrae way "True" is pox! Supposidly 100Mbps, horse feathers! Most of the time I can't even get my home page to download & opening 3 web pages brings the whole thing to a shuddering stop! :D:):D

100mbps you say, im not surprised your disapointed at your actual connection speed :D:D

try using their proxy server. Some days with proxy is better, some other days without. Depends on which buttons Somchai pressed in the morning. He won't tell you, but now you know how to outsmart him. :)

interesting, mine is proxy.trueinternet.co.th

interesting, mine is proxy.trueinternet.co.th

Its odd I thought that its illegal to connect via proxies in Thailand yet True set it up using a Proxy, look like I'm not the only one ???

"I was so happy when I just got True in my condo 3 months back. The so promissing new internet provider. And it worked! Always online and good speeds.

But for the past 3 weeks it's down all the time! Never long but dam_n often. Like 4 times a day. And the speeds in the evening are horrible now whilest they were just fine when I just subscribed.

Anyone else having the same problem"

Yeah, I live in a condo in Jomtien and have been having similar problems with the in-condo True T-LAN service. One moment it's blazing along at the max speed I pay for (220 KB/s), the next it's crawling along at 5 KB/s. They told me they are having problems with 'the lines', but if so they are very slow doing anything about it.

At least they seem to have stopped the connection going down 20 times a day. That was so frustrating, 195 MB of a 200 MB download completed, and bang, down goes the connection, and I had to start all over again when it came back up. Now it just seems to crawl along at a snail's pace for a while before getting its act together again.

Their help desk is on 038-727727/8/9, so be sure to pester them every day (smiling all the time in the Thai way, of course), or they'll never bother sorting it out.

Edited by Guderian

It is not illegal to use a proxy. What is illegal is to circumvent website blocks by using proxy servers. I assume TV is just adhering to this.

correct. Especially the proxies provided by your friendly ISP are 100% legal.

Of course Trues proxy is legal. Its inside Thailands "firewall". Whats illegal (and I guess against forum rules to discuss how to do) is foreign proxies, various tunneling methods etc. And in those cases only illegal if you use them to access illegal content as per thai law.