Death Wish On Walking Street

sharecropper

I was walking past Insomnia last night when I saw a guy repeatedly try to fight the (10) Insomnia bouncers. He was put down a couple of times (and I don't mean verbally) in the street, but just kept getting back up and going back for more.

In the end he lost his spectacle and it was all over, luckily for him.

Not a pleasant spectacle though.

Edited by sharecropper

Maybe after hours for the volunteers?

In Aberdeen on a Saturday night, the police sit in their cars and vans up side streets until about an hour after closing time. That way they only have to pick up the walking wounded and passed out and not get involved in any nasty confrontations between drunken, drugged up people who won't listen to reason or understand why they are getting the sh!t kicked out of them. Old Scots saying. "When the drink is in, the wit is oot."

Why didn't the police step in and stop it?

:)

Maybe after hours for the volunteers?

In Aberdeen on a Saturday night, the police sit in their cars and vans up side streets until about an hour after closing time. That way they only have to pick up the walking wounded and passed out and not get involved in any nasty confrontations between drunken, drugged up people who won't listen to reason or understand why they are getting the sh!t kicked out of them. Old Scots saying. "When the drink is in, the wit is oot."

It was about 1215am.

Sounds more like this guy was drunk and being an arsehol_e. It's when the bouncers keep knocking down someone who is trying to walk away from trouble, that they step out of line.

Don't what happened too him but he got thrown out a couple of times then he was fighting the doormen, after it all died down about 2 minutes later when the door staff went back in and thought he'd gone he ran back into Insomnia with his shirt off and was put down again, bad thing was a couple of Thais started kicking him whilst he was on the floor but the head Security pulled them off and stopped it, have to say the Security guy was very good and stopped all the others however though once it had all died down another Thai Guy appreared and did the guy again, that was wrong as it was all over.

Police were absolutely NOWHERE too be seen and that is out of order IMO as it doesn't matter what bar its at no fights like that should be going an especially at midnight when the street is jam backed with tourists!.

Was he a farang or Thai?

I reckon the guy was either Korean or Japanese.

Edited by davethailand

Davethailand I also thought, in the circumstances, the bouncers were extremely restrained; that guy was unstoppable. I did wonder how much the large crowd might have contributed to his not being hospitalised however.

Agreed, He was certainly going for it wasn't he.

:)

Yeah maybe trouble makers in a disco should just be allowed to do their thing. :)

The insomnia has a bit of a record for overreactions by the bouncers. From what I read here, the situation might have been different this time.

So, he only stopped fighting because he lost his glasses?

Well, that, being drunk, having been coldclocked twice that I saw, and had a massive kicking also contributed.

It is easy to see how a murder by Thai mob could take place down there one day it's such a lawless free for all.

I'm very surprised to hear the culprit was Korean or Japanese. They are usually the most pleasant tourists anywhere.

It's even more surprising to hear how restrained Insomnia's doormen were in this situation. On my first visit to Pattaya, I was leaving that club and saw a fellow American get nearly beaten to death by security. It was a brutal beating that was especially shocking for a Pattaya newbie. I wonder if he got it worse for being falang rather than Korean or Japanese. SE Asians certainly have a more likeable reputation in Pattaya.

Edited by Millard

I'm very surprised to hear the culprit was Korean or Japanese. They are usually the most pleasant tourists anywhere.

It's even more surprising to hear how restrained Insomnia's doormen were in this situation. On my first visit to Pattaya, I was leaving that club and saw a fellow American get nearly beaten to death by security. It was a brutal beating that was especially shocking for a Pattaya newbie. I wonder if he got it worse for being falang rather than Korean or Japanese. SE Asians certainly have a more likeable reputation in Pattaya.

I think some serious words have been had by the police and city hall, and the owners and bouncer-handlers have been told to wise-up and get control of themselves.

When I was back in Liverpool last year I saw two bouncers deal with a really drunken Irish bloke who also kept going back for more, and he had a worse pasting than these bouncers gave the Korean, the important difference being in that Liverpool, even in the city centre, still has a proper police presence, so they soon intervened and the guy was arrested.