Thai Bike Performance Value Comparison Chart

ttakata

I got bored and ran some numbers on various bikes I was interested in.

Turns out the Suzuki Raider has the best HP/dollar value, while the small scooters and any imported bikes do not.

This forum doesn't allow me to upload the Xcel file so all I can show is this pic.

If the moderators could tell me how to post an Xcel I will.

This chart is sorted with the best power to weight ratio (total Kg/hp) first with me at 91Kg.

Although torque is what really matters off the line, I couldn't find/complete this info so this is just a horsepower biased chart.

Published numbers are always off (usually inflated) but this is all I could work off of.

Gearing makes a huge difference in performance but I was too lazy to track this info down.

If you are buying a bike, you really need to test it in person.

The gearing ratios, engine characteristics, quality of controls, riding posture, and many other things will affect how you ride.

post-91685-1264923253_thumb.jpg

Column X could be inverted as power to weight is more natural than weight to power and I'm too lazy to do it myself.

But thanks for the interesting stats.

OK I added the fields for the inverse P to W ratios

I also made the left side metric and the right side imperial/English measurements

FYI, the weight of gas changes with its composition and octane so you may want to change the numbers I put in.

I don't know if coolant and engine oil are integral to a manufacturers dry weight or not.

So my wet weight is simply multiplying the fuel capacity by its weight and adding it to the claimed dry weight.

You can't edit my spreadsheet directly but you can copy and paste all the fields into a new spreadsheet of your own to make changes.

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0Av...hsM2c&hl=en