Aroi

Neeranam

I always thought it was 'Alloy' and have never quite understood why they say 'L' but mean 'R'.

I'll put this thought in my brains 'future posts' drawer.

Please continue.

Because the'r' sound is supposed to roll and not many people can be bothered to be rolling around every other word, much easier to let the tongue lie down than wrrrrrrithe around.

I always thought it was 'Alloy' and have never quite understood why they say 'L' but mean 'R'.

I'll put this thought in my brains 'future posts' drawer.

Please continue.

Because the'r' sound is supposed to roll and not many people can be bothered to be rolling around every other word, much easier to let the tongue lie down than wrrrrrrithe around.

Not this old thread again, perhaps the r/l issue should be pinned?

guess that makes me not 'hi-so' huh?

im not up to date with american teenage slang, cant keep up with israeli kid slang, nor tel aviv shenkin (hi so area) slang, nor the morraccan 'slimey type' slang... but i love to shout yai yaaw at little men who think they have big u know whats.... :o and they dont understand...

i'm picking the straw from my hair right this minute......

"Hon bor" - are you hot? Which goes down well with the Isaan girls you meet in most bars: "Falang poot Isaan!"

Speaking Isaan really does make them happy and a little homesick. Same with most of the taxi drivers in Bangkok. I got one driver who refused to take the whole fare - just because I asked him in Isaarn where he was from and I knew the little village well, so we had a really good old chat about how Bangkok sucks!

1. khot aroi. = โคตรอร่อย (โคตร is an impolite word, should be avoided to use, except talk to very close friends)

2. roi jung hoo = ร่อยจั่งฮู้ , หร้อยจั่งฮู้ (southern diarect) = อร่อยจังเลย

แซบบ่ = Is it delicious ? บ่ means no or can be used as a question word. บ่แซบ = not delicious.

Does anyone else know of anymore?

ngan ngan (งั้น ๆ) = choei choei (เฉย ๆ) means not good and not bad.

พอกินได้ = just okay ( sometimes Thais say พอแดกได้ ,แดก is an impolite word mean eat.)

Thanks for that K.Yoot.

Actually I use "koht aroi" sometimes to those Thais who come up to me in a restaurant saying, "aroi mai" in a stupid tone, as if to say, "I wonder if the farang can understand? More polite than saying "<deleted> off".

Even if I say this to well-to-do Thais, they laugh. Are they offended do you think when a farang uses words like this?

I love this saying, due to the famous song using it. Also it expresses how good it is with the tone.

พอแดกได้ , I have never heard this, I will listen out for it, or maybe try to use it to see the response.

I was cracked down under the chair as I read yours. It sounds really sweet and funny when Farang said like that.Can imagine hehehee. Never seen anyone. If I saw I would laugh alot but with happy that you guys can use thai REALLY GOOD !!!!!

I love to hear this 'Khot aroi' next time I shall use this word too. :o

"Hon bor" - are you hot? Which goes down well with the Isaan girls you meet in most bars: "Falang poot Isaan!"

Speaking Isaan really does make them happy and a little homesick. Same with most of the taxi drivers in Bangkok. I got one driver who refused to take the whole fare - just because I asked him in Isaarn where he was from and I knew the little village well, so we had a really good old chat about how Bangkok sucks!

1. khot aroi. = โคตรอร่อย (โคตร is an impolite word, should be avoided to use, except talk to very close friends)

แซบบ่ = Is it delicious ? บ่ means no or can be used as a question word. บ่แซบ = not delicious.

พอกินได้ = just okay ( sometimes Thais say พอแดกได้ ,แดก is an impolite word mean eat.)

Thanks for that K.Yoot.

Actually I use "koht aroi" sometimes to those Thais who come up to me in a restaurant saying, "aroi mai" in a stupid tone, as if to say, "I wonder if the farang can understand? More polite than saying "<deleted> off".

Even if I say this to well-to-do Thais, they laugh. Are they offended do you think when a farang uses words like this?

I love this saying, due to the famous song using it. Also it expresses how good it is with the tone.

พอแดกได้ , I have never heard this, I will listen out for it, or maybe try to use it to see the response.

I was cracked down under the chair as I read yours. It sounds really sweet and funny when Farang said like that.Can imagine hehehee. Never seen anyone. If I saw I would laugh alot but with happy that you guys can use thai REALLY GOOD !!!!!

I love to hear this 'Khot aroi' next time I shall use this word too. :D

I mentioned "khot aroi" to my wife...... she first demanded to know who had told me this... then made me promise not to use the phrase... :o

totster :D

Thanks for that K.Yoot.

I love to hear this 'Khot aroi' next time I shall use this word too. :D

I mentioned "khot aroi" to my wife...... she first demanded to know who had told me this... then made me promise not to use the phrase... :o

totster :D

Try ....................Aroi de la

so i am told :D