Park Lane Condominium Jomtien

jingjingna

Thaifan2, noticed in another thread you are living in your Park Lane condo now, how are you finding it?

How well is the gym equipped? static bikes and running machines only or any weight machines?

How is Building 4 looking?

cheers

Hi ,yes i am living in Park Lane now and loving it .The Gym is due to open at then end of this month .Its full of equipment ,but what they are is hard to see through the dark glass .They just took down the crane today and are starting to construct a front wall .Building 4 is now plastered outside and has most of its windows installed .The cable tv is working ( jomtien Cable ,B3,000+ a year ) .

The swimming pool has been open now for several weeks and is great .I am living there at the moment with my TGF and her 2 children and we find the Condo plenty big ,even though we normally live in a house in Chiang Mai .

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thiafan2,

You have unwittingly exposed yourself to retaliatory action from your hated opponents (The SS camp). There cannot be too many ex pats living there with G/F and her two kids.

Flee Thaifan2 while you can,take an exercise bike from the gym if you can handle one,sod the 3000 baht to Jomtiem cable,its as good as lost.

Edited by jori

Thiafan2,

You have unwittingly exposed yourself to retaliatory action from your hated opponents (The SS camp). There cannot be too many ex pats living there with G/F and her two kids.

Flee Thaifan2 while you can,take an exercise bike from the gym if you can handle one,sod the 3000 baht to Jomtiem cable,its as good as lost.

Ihave asked the security guards to keep out any nazi looking thugs . :)

Thanks for the update.

Does Jomtien cable have any good western channels? Do you find the air-con in the bedroom cools down the living room OK or would another air-con unit for the living room be useful?

As for the size, to me it does not feel that small. Partly due to the small balcony (Thai condo's sizes include balcony in the size calculation) and partly due to the layout using space efficiently. I looked at a few units bigger in size that that were typical studio's (long and narrow) and they had a smaller feel.

That said I am not claiming it is massive, and it is also about what you are used to. I currently live in a 44 sqm apartment in London that has 2 bedrooms. I do not find this cramped, but I am tidy and not a hoarder. I am sure if you are used living in a big house it would seem cramped.

Edited by jay1980

Thanks for the update.

Does Jomtien cable have any good western channels? Do you find the air-con in the bedroom cools down the living room OK or would another air-con unit for the living room be useful?

As for the size, to me it does not feel that small. Partly due to the small balcony (Thai condo's sizes include balcony in the size calculation) and partly due to the layout using space efficiently. I looked at a few units bigger in size that that were typical studio's (long and narrow) and they had a smaller feel.

That said I am not claiming it is massive, and it is also about what you are used to. I currently live in a 44 sqm apartment in London that has 2 bedrooms. I do not find this cramped, but I am tidy and not a hoarder. I am sure if you are used living in a big house it would seem cramped.

Jomtien Cable has all the main Thai channels plus English language Channels like Aljesera ,TV 24 news in English ( French based ) .DWtv ( German NEWS cHANNEL IN ENGLISH /GERMAN .Universal ( American movies plus chat shows ) ,Bloomberg ,A Dutch ,Russian ,and Italian channel ,A Australian Channel .and a few music Channels .

About the A/C i would have preferred it in the sitting room ,but just by leaving the bedroom door open it cools the whole condo .

Did you buy in B4 ?.Are you facing the pool or the sea ? Iguna are going to build a new Condo Complex called Paradise Park ,next door .I am wondering if they are going to build in front of B4 ?.

About the A/C i would have preferred it in the sitting room ,but just by leaving the bedroom door open it cools the whole condo .

It must be one hel_l of a size AC unit then,but not advisable,it will be working its butt off

Edited by jori

Its a great building / complex. I have a a pool view unit , for rent at 10,000 Baht per month if anybody wants to try it out .

..and i have a 3rd floor unit to rent in Park Lane looking out on Soi Wat Boon also for B10,000 ,with additional storage ,plus microwave ,Cable Tv .Minimum rental period 6 months .PM me if interested .

I am living in Chiang Mai and am just staying at Park Lane at the moment for a Holiday .

PS ,Poster above said about over working the A/C unit ,well the whole Condo is only 36 sqm or with the bathroom door closed ,about 28 sqm .So no problem .I also use a fan in the living room .

• 2 weeks later...
Hi there, I am moving into my condo in building 3 in June ....i have decided to buy a sofa bed ..so if anyone who has a 2 bed interested in a 2nd sofa please let me know.

Cheers

I would also get rid of the standard glass coffie table .Its very dangerous IMO ,and broke as i was moving it .

Hi there, I am moving into my condo in building 3 in June ....i have decided to buy a sofa bed ..so if anyone who has a 2 bed interested in a 2nd sofa please let me know.

Cheers

I would also get rid of the standard glass coffie table .Its very dangerous IMO ,and broke as i was moving it .

Lifts working ok?

• 2 weeks later...

I have a corner unit in building 1 on the 7th floor, facing the sea, which I want to resale for 1.55 mil baht. This unit in foreign name.

Anybody interested please send me an email on << Use PM >>

Edited by thaiphoon
E-mail address removed per forum rules - thaiphoon

• 2 months later...

Jay1980

Thanks for your helpful response from ages ago!

Does anyone when B4 will be complete and if thingd are going to plant with this development?

thanks

I think December ,but maybe before that as it looks to be ahead of schedule .The outside of Building 4 is all plastered and painted and all the windows are in .The front entrance with security guard house is about 2 weeks from finish .

I am back down here now for a week or so .The place looks great with all the planting of flowers and shrubs and trees in place .If you have bought a unit in B4 ,pm me and i will take a photo of your unit .

Jay1980Thanks for your helpful response from ages ago!Does anyone when B4 will be complete and if thingd are going to plant with this development?thanks
Thaifan2 deserves more created for helping answer all my questions!The latest pics can be seen on the developer's website here:

http://www.condo-for...Article/read/59

Also found this on youtube:

As for completion date of building 4 (my building) a Thai friend was in Rayong in April, got her to swing by for me and they asked someone who I from the description sounded like a Thai construction manager. He said it would be finished sometime in November.I am hoping to get out for a couple of months when it is done. Hope that helps cheers

Jay1980Thanks for your helpful response from ages ago!Does anyone when B4 will be complete and if thingd are going to plant with this development?thanks
Thaifan2 deserves more created for helping answer all my questions!The latest pics can be seen on the developer's website here:

As for completion date of building 4 (my building) a Thai friend was in Rayong in April, got her to swing by for me and they asked someone who I from the description sounded like a Thai construction manager. He said it would be finished sometime in November.I am hoping to get out for a couple of months when it is done. Hope that helps cheers

They look like council housing flats in Peckham to me...can you really squeeze 3 people into 33 sqm :lol:

They look like council housing flats in Peckham to me...can you really squeeze 3 people into 33 sqm :lol:

Believe me its a long way from Peckham ,and they are 36 sqm.3 adults would be a bit much but 2 adults and a child ,no problem .

Are there any of you buyers who are NOT renting their condo out?

Seems like a whole load of condos getting dumped on to the rental market at a time when it is pretty dire

Well if I do decide to rent mine out it is in building 4 which would not be finished until later in the year, so the diffrent times the buildings finish will meen all condo's not coming to rental market at the same time.

For me I prefer not to rent it out and keep for myself and sometimes friends and family.

ThaiFan2, congratulations on taking possesion. For the Chanote, I was told it would come few months later as the Land office would need to measure all the units offically before the Chanote could be issued, does this sound correct?

Anyway if you or any other unit owner would like my details please feel free to PM me.

cheers

I was told a few months also ,and possibly by June in my case .I dont know if they have to measure every condo ?

A bit of advice - NEVER PAY AND NOT GET YOUR CHANOTE. I hope you do not live to regret it.

It is a MUST that when you pay your final balance at the VERY SAME moment they hand you your chanote.

Oh dear, I feel another post in the future - I haven't received my chanote, help!

Fingers crossed, although there should be no fingers crossed about the situation, I repeat, they hand over your chanote AS you pay the final balance.

Believe me its a long way from Peckham ,and they are 36 sqm.3 adults would be a bit much but 2 adults and a child ,no problem .

Thanks for the correction...that additional 3 sqm (one sqm per person) would make all the difference...but I do agree that Jomtien is a long way from Peckham.

>> I repeat, they hand over your chanote AS you pay the final balance.<<

I am told i will get the Chanote probably in September or October but defenitely before the end of this year .I do not worry about it as Iguna are a reputable company .They would very quickly ruin that reputation if they did not hand out the Chanotes .

My friend is out there now and he went by to take a look for me a few days ago, he e-mailed:

Hi

Just thought i would mail you on what i saw around the area and the place itself.

Not sure which block yours was in, they seem to be still buiding the section as you first come to the property where they have a security post (with guards) we went onto the property this way - this building had had all floors tiled and it looked like all security cameras had been fitted and things like that - this block also had all windows fitted but know air con units as yet.

In the center of the property all the pool and gardens looked really good and people were lounging about catching the sun and drinking beer :)

Gym all finished and looks very well equiped, i counted between 15-20 pieces of equipment.

I actually walked from the beach to have a good look around, seems to be lots of land up for sale and building work starting to spring up everywhere - which i guess is a good thing.

I also saw a great bar near the block called the winchester, you never know this could become your local :)

And one last thing, there was a typical construction worker outside your place doing a very important job, bursting bubble wrap - LOL

Speak to you soon

Edited by Rimmer
no need to explain what kind of bar!!

Soi Watboon has really seen a rash of development in the past few years. Used to be the only things on the soi were the long block of shophouses just behind the Grand Jomtien Palace hotel, Angket Condo and Majestic Condo with the fresh market across the street. Oh, and of course, The Winchester! (Can't recall its previous name(s).)

That fresh market was renovated and enlarged a few years ago, and a new market place was built just west of it. The Majestic "front yard" is now a complex of shophouses. Park Lane sprang up in the past two years, and soon the new Iguana project behind it (another rendition of the "1 milling baht condo") will begin. A small string of townhouses is under construction in front of Park Lane, and further up the soi toward Sukhumvit are another string of townhouses and some recently cleared and graded plots of land. And, it looks like the shophouses behind the Grand Jomtien hotel are getting new neighbors across the street -- several new strings of shophouses.

Closer to Sukhumvit on what used to be a recreational playing field is a new set of buildings that appear to be a school (?).

Both Majestic and Angket got new exterior paint which greatly improved their image.

And, most amazingly, Park Lane and the street-side shophouses at Majestic seem to have sold well (although the non-streetside shophouses seem mainly unsold...)

I wonder about the intersection with the new Jomtien Second Road: will there be a traffic signal, or 4-way stop, or Soi Watboon traffic stops, or nobody stops?

I am told i will get the Chanote probably in September or October but defenitely before the end of this year .I do not worry about it as Iguna are a reputable company .They would very quickly ruin that reputation if they did not hand out the Chanotes .

Best of luck but it could be that they are as reputable as the companys that build suan sawarn,le royale and consortiums.

Best of luck but it could be that they are as reputable as the companys that build suan sawarn,le royale and consortiums.

Iguna have proved themselves already .Park Lane was their 4 th or 5 th and biggest project .All 600 units in Park Lane have sold .They will soon start another huge project called Paradise Park ,at the back of PL .These units also start at 1M ,with a huge pool having a sand beach .

Iguna an Israeli Company started off in Jomtien a few years ago by renovating and selling on units in La Lana Jomtien .

Edited by Thaifan2

• 4 weeks later...

I am pleased to say that i have rented out my unit in Park Lane on a years contract .The rent covers my rental of a house in Chiang Mai where i now live .

Was recently down to Jomtien and the last building 4 is finished on the outside ,also the front wall and guard house complete .

[DSCF0105.jpg

Edited by Thaifan2