Park Lane Condominium Jomtien

jingjingna

>>Excellent! It is good to rent out but I worry about a new place being destroyed. What is the going rate in Park Lane 8,000 or 10,000 month?

B10,000 upwards .For a rental 3 months to under a year i would have charged B12,000 .I have seen rents being asked as high as B15,000 there for a single unit .( will probably remain empty ).

I took a 2 month deposit also for some protection ,and have a contract signed plus a copy of the renters passport .

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I got an e-mail today informing me my condo in building 4 will be ready from the 1st September, an amazing 9 months ahead of the original schedule.

Wow ,thats good news .The sooner building work is finished on the site the better for everybody there .Make sure to give your Condo a good check over before collecting the keys .Later when the builders are off site it may be harder to get them back .

Edited by Thaifan2

• 4 months later...

^ Its not that hard ,can you not do it yourself .Only problem i had was that the balcony drain was blocked and they fixed it .I aslo got the Chanote last month November .

BTW ,My renter left early and i am now selling the Condo with foreign ownership .Price B1,390,000 on 3 rd floor facing Wat Boon .PM me if interested .

Edited by Thaifan2

I did my final handover in November, one of the lights in the bathroom didn't work and had to be re-wired and a drip in the kitchen sink drain but all fixed within the hour.

Only bad thing is the glass coffee table which broke when I just moved it a few inches and they would not replace as it broke post hand over. Got a much nicer and stronger one in Index.

Paid the tax and got the Charnot a few days later.

It's up for rent now, corner unit with a sea view on the 6th floor in building 4, as a very realistic rate. Feel free to PM if interested.

Cheers

I did my final handover in November, one of the lights in the bathroom didn't work and had to be re-wired and a drip in the kitchen sink drain but all fixed within the hour.

Only bad thing is the glass coffee table which broke when I just moved it a few inches and they would not replace as it broke post hand over. Got a much nicer and stronger one in Index.

Paid the tax and got the Charnot a few days later.

It's up for rent now, corner unit with a sea view on the 6th floor in building 4, as a very realistic rate. Feel free to PM if interested.

Cheers

The glass table broke on me also as i was moving it .I wanted to get rid of it as i thought it dangerous with my 7 year old step daughter around .In its place i have put a smaller wooden one .

^ Its not that hard ,can you not do it yourself .Only problem i had was that the balcony drain was blocked and they fixed it .I aslo got the Chanote last month November .

BTW ,My renter left early and i am now selling the Condo with foreign ownership .Price B1,390,000 on 3 rd floor facing Wat Boon .PM me if interested .

Well he left realy early didn't he,and such a promising investment for sale right away.Wonder if the snake came out of the grass already.

Well he left realy early didn't he,and such a promising investment for sale right away.Wonder if the snake came out of the grass already.

Only for sale as i now live in Chiang Mai ( have recently bought a house up here ) .The renter left due to problems with his TGF and nothing to do about Park Lane itself .

Thanks for your well wishes at Xmas time anyway . :whistling:

^Aaaah you must have missed my well wishes,they were just below yours :) By the way I didn't know they celebrated Christmas in a budhist country.

Anyway I recall that you lived in Chiangmai long time already before you got the condo at Park lane and considered it such a good investment because they could be rented out easy peasy,according to your previous posts in the threads of those other,as you called them,disaster condo projects.And I would never let go an investment with a return close to 10% a year ,as I don't know of any investments with a guaranteed return like that these days.

I have the feeling that there is something you forget to tell us about your Park lane dream.:whistling:

Anyway I wish you a lot of success with the fast sale of your condo since the real estate market is flourishing in Thailand,we all know that.

Only for sale as i now live in Chiang Mai ( have recently bought a house up here ) .The renter left due to problems with his TGF and nothing to do about Park Lane itself .

Thanks for your well wishes at Xmas time anyway . :whistling:

Christ,this enterprise did not last long. Your hope of getting anything like your asking price,let alone any price at all,are all pipe dreams, You have wasted your money Can only guess at the property market this time next year, moribund is a word that springs to mind (close to death ),still it is a better place than the other place you commented on a while ago

You no doubt found out that the rent you were expecting was unrealistic,nobody wants to stay long time in chicken coop like yours,it's just too damned tiny,for the 10,000 a month you were expecting you could rent a house now,rents after Xmas will plunge,so I guess will property prices,but who the hell wants to buy now anyway?

Yes Merry Christmas

Edited by jori

^ and ^^ , LOL !Is this a double incoming attack .( from SS prisoners ?)

1.Firstly i bought Park Lane off Plan now two and a half years ago .I only moved up to Chiang Mai as of January this year and i only bought my house up there 2 months ago .

2.I bought Park Lane to live in not as an investment .My plans have now change and i find Chiang Mai best for long term living .

3 .I still have two Condos in Jomtien both for sale .The one who sells first i will let go the other ( which could be Park lane ) i will keep as i still come down regularly for holidays .

To sum up ,i do not regreat buying into Park Lane and i hope i keep it ( ie,i hope my other Condo in Jomtien sells first )

Park Lane is sold out, a few resale units on the market when I was there in Nov but not many. That is a realistic price and I wouldn't have thought you would have any problems selling but in the unlikely event it is not sold by April I might know someone interested.

cheers

Park Lane is sold out, a few resale units on the market when I was there in Nov but not many. That is a realistic price and I wouldn't have thought you would have any problems selling but in the unlikely event it is not sold by April I might know someone interested.

cheers

I have said before that the marketeers of these off plan developments are very good at what they do i.e. selling ,once sold the trap slams shut. Park Lane and all the other 1 million Baht plus apartments might well be sold out,but selling second hand becomes far more difficult,the persuasive commission generated individuals are not there stood in their booths or whatever, and are not there making promises that are sheer fantasy

What is a realistic price in a dead market? You undoubtably will be finding out personally, and I doubt if you could get shut at putting it up at half your asking price,but instead of blowing your trumpet on these threads about it's "worth" give it a try ,and welcome to the real world.

Instead of pointing to the "unlikey " event of not selling by April (which year )?,the person who might be interested as you suggest ,might well be interested now,thus giving Thaifan2 an early Christmas present,but that's just passing onto someone a early Christmas nightmare.

Realistic price ? your having a larf,it's worth diddly-squat,this time next April the white flags will be hanging out of the place.

Anyway ,go on give a try,no harm in trying .

Cheers

jori

You have been beating this drum as long as I can remember....

Either you are a condo owner here in Pattaya/Jomtien, in which case your opinion has merit, or you don't own diddly-squat and your opinion is worth same.

There is nowhere on the planet where real-estate is worth nothing.....:jap:

>>Realistic price ? your having a larf,it's worth diddly-squat,this time next April the white flags will be hanging out of the place.<<

You are very negative ( more than is necessary ) .There is a strong rental market for Park Lane if you are prepared to take people for less than 6 months ( i am not ) .Since my renter left i had had many offers for 3 and 4 months rental periods .As i am not living in Jomtien to supervise i prefer it to remain empty till a sale ,or i sell my other condo .

There will be no white flags as the Russians will see to that .The Russians have bought into Park Lane in big numbers and many more of them are interested in buying there .BTW ,their women look nice in swim suits ( see them by the pool ,blond and slim ;-)

jori

You have been beating this drum as long as I can remember....

Either you are a condo owner here in Pattaya/Jomtien, in which case your opinion has merit, or you don't own diddly-squat and your opinion is worth same.

There is nowhere on the planet where real-estate is worth nothing.....:jap:

>>Realistic price ? your having a larf,it's worth diddly-squat,this time next April the white flags will be hanging out of the place.<<

You are very negative ( more than is necessary ) .There is a strong rental market for Park Lane if you are prepared to take people for less than 6 months ( i am not ) .Since my renter left i had had many offers for 3 and 4 months rental periods .As i am not living in Jomtien to supervise i prefer it to remain empty till a sale ,or i sell my other condo .

There will be no white flags as the Russians will see to that .The Russians have bought into Park Lane in big numbers and many more of them are interested in buying there .BTW ,their women look nice in swim suits ( see them by the pool ,blond and slim ;-)

All I can say is give it a try,go on try for a sale but do not attack the messenger. Park Lane will join up with the other million odd apartments to let out in Jomtien ,just the fact it's new gives it a slight edge. As for the off season, Christ Jomtien is like a dead zone, who the hell wants to be there especially in the monsoon

Yes I know the Russians are coming ,and are leaving There is nothing more amusing than to see a place for sale owned by Russians and the details written out in English with the selling price displayed in Roubles

Opinionated ? perhaps, but getting it right, almost spot on, I didn't esimate just how quickly the market would turn sour, and not only sour it's curdled As the new year looms I know your opinions will harden as to your initial purchases being one of lifes major disasters,but hey that's life,we all make mistakes,perhaps not on this scale though

My opinion ? yes there worth is diddly - squat, no doubt the opinion of the vast amount of travellers to Pattaya. as no doubt will be finding out,but do not let a few minutes of typing diminish your positive outlook,somebody had to remain positive even as the Titanic was going down,but at the very least you are not going to get wet.

But hey, do keep me informed of any progress, but I'm not holding my breath.

Cheers

cheers

My opinion on this is that all those condo's that are sold out now are sold to investors,or the new rich russians as Thaifan said in another post, who signed their contract before or just at the start of the worldwide reccession.

Meaning that there are hundreds of thousands of condo's in Pattaya that are sold to investors but remain empty because the buyer who they had hoped for isn't there.Having a bunch of russians owning part of the building is also not a reccomendation to find western buyers.

Another few thousand are being build currently and will be abandoned before completion or if they are lucky get build but confiscated by the banks due to lack of buyers in the current market situation.

Be realistic and take a drive around town at night with opened eyes and you will have to admit that all those completed highrises are just standing there with only the stairway lighted up,that is if they were lucky to be out of the costs so they can afford electricity,but no vehicles parked in front or any condo's with the light switched on.

Of course I understand why you will have an interested party in April,because at that time those Thousands and thousands of investors will be so desperate that the available condo's will go at any acceptable offer,and that will be a fraction of the price from now.

Or do you really believe that a realty market in Pattaya which consists out of western investors,and which are seeing black snow in their respective home country's,will survive here but not all over the rest of the world?

In short that should mean that western people don't have the money to buy ,or keep alive the mortgage on, their first home but they should have spare money to buy a holiday home. Ever heard about a bubble?

Edited by pipo1000

>>But hey, do keep me informed of any progress<<

Why should i ? as you have made it more than clear that you are not in the market !

BTW ,What do you invest your money in ? ( thats if you have any ?)

OK Thaifan2, I'll let you know where I have invested my money,bought a low cost place in Cyprus (worth tons more a few years before,( poor sod ex - owner topped himself at the loss, as a few here will be doing soon) ) and about to buy a place in Spain too, there's progress,but I'm stuck here in the meantime, but getting paid to be stuck here and a bit off topic I do like the women here too.

...but you will keep me informed now on the selling aspect of your chicken coop in The Park

>>I'm stuck here in the meantime, but getting paid to be stuck here and a bit off topic I do like the women here too.<<

Wheres here ,in Cyprus ? ..not a bad place to live if so .Thailand wins out for me though .I would not buy in Spain any time soon though,as that Country is heading for default along with Ireland .

>>I'm stuck here in the meantime, but getting paid to be stuck here and a bit off topic I do like the women here too.<<

Wheres here ,in Cyprus ? ..not a bad place to live if so .Thailand wins out for me though .I would not buy in Spain any time soon though,as that Country is heading for default along with Ireland .

Small village outside Paphos. Great if Spain does default,the worse it gets the cheaper the things I'm after will get. Anyway it's the free and full health care that is the carrot on the stick that attracts me when at a certain age

Thailand has far too many problems looming, Pattaya is only a mirror image what the rest of Thailand is going to be in 18 months or so,all Thais do is borrow money like fury,seems the K bank owns most of the properties here anyway, amazed even a year or so ago how many abandoned properies were owned by this bank.

Personally I think Thailand will be a far less attractive place to live in soon,visa issues will become more apparent in the next couple of years or so, and I just want to get my fill of a few more hundred, if not thousand women before I go

Personally I think Thailand will be a far less attractive place to live in soon,visa issues will become more apparent in the next couple of years or so, and I just want to get my fill of a few more hundred, if not thousand women before I go

Who are you , a fortune teller?

Pattaya and Jomtien can be attractive also in the next 10 years. Too many condos? Perhaps but people still need a place to stay on vacation or long term.

Small village outside Paphos. Great if Spain does default,the worse it gets the cheaper the things I'm after will get. Anyway it's the free and full health care that is the carrot on the stick that attracts me when at a certain age

Thailand has far too many problems looming, Pattaya is only a mirror image what the rest of Thailand is going to be in 18 months or so,all Thais do is borrow money like fury,seems the K bank owns most of the properties here anyway, amazed even a year or so ago how many abandoned properies were owned by this bank.

the free healthcare won't be anymore that "free" in Spain when you are at a certain age. moreover, the spanish taxman uses a completely different yardstick then the one in Cyprus.

thank you LORD for sending us one more prophet! :lol:

thank you LORD for sending us one more prophet! :lol:Hello Na

Hello Naam,

I was wodering just how long your involvement in this property thread would be delayed, the Great Defender of any and all property "worth " takes a stand on Christmas Day

I know in the past you have flaunted your 20 million Baht ( your estimation) property on these threads, but somehow many if not all of any potential purchasers here do not share your views as to any of your worth

Personally my view on that piece of paper that costs you approx 9 thousand Baht year on year, (your company returns) on your company held house is worth more than the worth of your company supposedly held property

In its most basic form any concrete house built here in Pattaya is in its simplistic form is just one step removed from a mud hut, a flat concrete surface followed upwards by the most simplistic block on block building, followed by the most basic and simplistic roof, built on a piece of worthless scrubland ,and you expect some utter nutcase to give you 20 million for that worthless load of crap

The design of any house here can be gauged on the back of a fag packet, different pitch ,different angles, break up the layout of the roof ,spend a few thousand more Baht buy a few more concrete blocks shove a few more metres on its spread ,all fixtures and fittings held together by gun applied silicone that's designed to fall apart after a couple years of use the house included A few buckets of cement mix for render then loads of paint to hide / bind it all together. Yeah your quivering at the thought your place might not be worth anything like 20 million Baht, more like a few thousand bucks, still go on test the market, do not beat on about your worth, see how others feel about your worth, think you will be in for a shock

PS Again you do not know what you sprout on about (healthcare), why not read up about it ?

Edited by jori

thank you LORD for sending us one more prophet! :lol:

I am no prophet but i keep up to date with the news in Europe .

This is getting way off topic with more personal views about buying,owning and building houses in Thailand. As a reminder the topic title is:

Park Lane Condominium Jomtien Any board members bought into this project?

Who are you , a fortune teller?

No,but was born last night.

Regards,

J.C.