House For Rent?

thaigerd

Hi all,

May be I am moving from Phuket to Pattaya.

Can some one give me an idea about prices there:

Looking for a furnished house, 1 or 2 bedrooms, telephone line and a huge garden with a wall around because I own two dogs, Rotti and Boxer.

Thanks for your help and answers!

Gerd

Well you might want to look at estates to the east of Sukhumvit road, for wider gardens with walls, more value for money. The best thing to do, if you are not in Pattaya yet is look at advertisements on the following websites; Pattaya Trader, Pattaya mail, Northern Thai realty, Pattaya real estate, Kcr homefinders, Fair properties...(do a google for the correct address). Nice dog! Good luck with the house hunting... :o

Well you might want to look at estates to the east of Sukhumvit road, for wider gardens with walls, more value for money. The best thing to do, if you are not in Pattaya yet is look at advertisements on the following websites; Pattaya Trader, Pattaya mail, Northern Thai realty, Pattaya real estate, Kcr homefinders, Fair properties...(do a google for the correct address). Nice dog! Good luck with the house hunting... :o

Totally agree that East of Sukhumvit (away from beach) is better value for money and more likely to provide large garden. Down towards Sattahip even better.

Expect anything from 25k to 35k for standard expat housing, but it is easy to get up to 80k with some of the agents.

Recommend David Gray (East Coast Realty) and John Seymour (Northern Thai) for fair treatment.

Yeah you're probably going into the higher range because of the land requirements. Most properties are between 50 and 90 tw. Would think you would need more with your dogs. Mine are half that size and still tear around my 210tw. I had to buy to get something suitable. Some of the rental contracts had conditions re. no dogs when I was looking around. Can't blame them, mine cause havoc in the garden, but they are only 6 months.

:o

good luck thaigerd i'm moving over to pattaya at the end of the year and i have the same situation ( dog ) as you, i have tried to focus on being close to the beach if it's possible but have come up with nothing, if you plan on driving yourself then your choice becomes a lot bigger than if you decided that the baht taxi was to be your method of transportation, as for me i have seen enough farangs bite the dust because of the bad driving in this fantastic city so i have chosen what i feel is the only method of transportation in the baht taxi, good luck

joe p

Thank you all for your answers!!!

If you believe me or not: It took me nearly 1 year to find my current house here in Phuket/Kathu:2bedrooms, 1 bathroom, big living room and kitchen, 2 aircons, telephone line, ubc, huge garden(nearly 1rai), big wall around, absolutely quiet-only one neighbour to the right side, gardener is coming once a week.AND I PAY 10.000.-BAHT A MONTH!!!

Wish me the same luck again!

Gerd

If you believe me or not: It took me nearly 1 year to find my current house here in Phuket/Kathu:2bedrooms, 1 bathroom, big living room and kitchen, 2 aircons, telephone line, ubc, huge garden(nearly 1rai), big wall around, absolutely quiet-only one neighbour to the right side, gardener is coming once a week.AND I PAY 10.000.-BAHT A MONTH!!!

Gerd

Your gardener will be sorry to see you go , i think you were overpaying him :o

Gerd

i think he was paying 10K for the house, the post ends with wish me luck !

Gerd

I am still paying 10.000.- including the gardener and "wish me luck" means I would be lucky to find the same again.

Gerd

i think he was paying 10K for the house, the post ends with wish me luck !

hi guys,im new here,im also looking for a house in pattaya,im living in bangsaen right now,single house 2 br,1 bathr,living room,about 100sq meters for 6500,are u guys serious,25000-35000baht a month for a house behind sukhumvit?if yes i better stay here?