New Zealand/thai Infant. Nz Passport Only

She will require the normal visa or meet the normal visa exempt entry for return to Thailand. I would carry a copy of birth certificate and if not in English have a translation available but don't believe it would be required. Some places are very careful with the travel of children so best to have more than less.

About eight years ago my then two year old son was refused permission to fly to Australia although he held an Australian passport. My wife, son and self were to go to Australia for a four month stay, we could not travel together for reasons that are not important and so I left on one day and my wife and son were to leave the next day, I departed and the next day my Thai wife and our son went to Chiang Mai airport for departure to Australia, immigration wanted to see my sons birth certificate, I had it with me in Australia, they refused to let my son travel and told my wife that they believed she was taking him to Australia to sell him. How a birth certificate proves you are not going to sell him is beyond me. My wife had to be in Australia the next day or her visa would have been of no use, she flew to Australia where I met her at the airport minus son and told me the story, we had to buy her another ticket where she immediately returned to Chiang Mai with birth certificate and then our son was able to depart. Fortunately my wife had her sister with her at the airport the first time and was able to take our son to her home.

Keep the birth certificate with you just in case.