Rowing Machine Wanted

THAIPHUKET

there is a dealer in singapore, but when i bought my one, about 2 years ago now, it was cheaper for me to get it shipped from the states including import duty and freight direct from concept2. still going strong as well, great piece of kit. if i was to only have one piece of gym kit, this would be it.

Your comment had me looking into this shop in the US for rowing machines

http://www.rowingmachines.com/rowing-machi...st--500-to-1000

The price range is steep, is it worth it?

As you see, they give a good comparison of different brands. What in your opinion makes Concept2 stick out?

Perhaps important= I MUST be outside, however under a roof, a problem ?

How long was shipment time? Custom duty?

Much obliged

Reliability. The fact that the professionals and top gyms use them is also an indicator. Very good, and like Lobin, it would be my first choice bit of kit.

Check out Classifieds as there was a guy in the San Sai area selling one a while back.

Not sure if they have rowing machines but there is a place inside the moat opposite CM Ram but a couple (perhaps three) hundred metres south that sells all manner of fitness machines.

They have given me good service, stood behind what they have sold.

It's got a yellow shop front. Happen by and have a look.

I've been a competitive rower for 35 years and can tell you that no rower (or national rowing team) would ever use anything other than a Concept2 (the company was founded by rowers).

Not only does it most closely approximate real rowing (i.e. allowing the self-infliction of massive pain), but it's evolved over the decades into a highly robust design, with great electronic features (which help keep the boredom at bay).

Have fun :)

Do any fitness clubs here have Concept 2 machines? I used this machine at clubs in the U.S. and just love it, but don't have either the space at home or funds to purchase one for myself. Currently I exercise at the Centara Hotel and they don't have one, but I'd be interested in considering other clubs that have this machine.

Bill, aside from the fact that the Thai Visa search function doesn't accept one letter words like "2", a search using the words "concept rowing machine" yielded some classified ads offering rowing machines for sale, but no information about where one might use one at a public health club in Chiang Mai.

NancyL,

My reply was to the general issue of the thread, not specifically to your post and nowhere did I suggest that I was responding to your post. Also I have searched twice and received results twice using "concept 2 rowing machine" so I find your comment about the search function to be simply incorrect.

To answer your question: Yes there is at least one health club in CM that has such a rowing machine.

Good luck.

Bill, aside from the fact that the Thai Visa search function doesn't accept one letter words like "2", a search using the words "concept rowing machine" yielded some classified ads offering rowing machines for sale, but no information about where one might use one at a public health club in Chiang Mai.

The search function on the software that runs TV's forum won't accept 3 characters, etc, but if you use the Google (Google custom search, top right) it will take anything, using the Gogggle algo.

Haven't seen one at a gym in CM, although haven't used a gym for a bit.

Sawasdee Khrup, Khun NancyL,

ThaiVisa's search function is really very primitive.

JackR's comment made us realize we've never tried the TV "advanced search" : thanks, JackR.

We often have better results if we use full-on Google search : taking advantage of putting phrases in quotes like so :

http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navc...%22concept+2%22

The above search turned up :

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Reccomend-Ex...ne-t197301.html

A thread from 2008. We haven't read the above thread, so don't know if that will answer your question or not.

Next time we are in the Centara/Duangtawan health club, we'll look at their rowing machines, and see if they have a Concept 2, and let you know, if they do have one.

good luck, ~o:37;

Edited by orang37

JOHN B GOOD your recommendation was good indeed.

I heard what Crusader et altera said but I bought this rower

http://www.rowing-machines.org.uk/bh/bh-fi...-regatta-rower/

at the shop mentioned by JohnbGood. Pleasant, but what made me decide was

1. price 20.000b, concept2 no offer yet, but what I see on the net it will be at least 50.000b PLUS import duty of an unknown amount.

2. BHFitness is a good US brand , manufacturing in Spain.

3. BHF rower delivery 3 days, and concept2 ??? no idea

4. I got no gym, e.i perhaps 30 min per day usage? Provided I am diligent.

This rower may well outlast me

Now I hope the the Concept2 fans will nevertheless share some hints how to get a totally unfit body after over 20.000km sitting on my motorbike back in shape with harming my well-aged body.

I am passing on the offer from Concept2 assuming some interest

Thank you for your interest in Concept2 Indoor Rowing machines. Kathy forwarded your email to me. I handle inquires from Thailand now.

We sell factory direct to customers in Thahiland.

I am happy to answer any questions that you have about Concept2 products. Below is the information you requested:

Concept2 Indoor Rowing machines:

The model D and model E Indoor Rowing machines (seen below) are available. There are a few distinct differences between each model, please follow the links below for more information.

D_E_heightComparison_touched_450

Model D (front) and model E (back)

Brochure: http://www.concept2.com/us/support/manuals...er_Brochure.pdf

Order form: http://www.concept2.com/us/support/manuals...FormPrepaid.pdf

Comparison Sheet model D/E: http://www.concept2.com/us/support/manuals...areChart_pr.pdf

Pricing:

Model D w/PM3:

Qty 1-4: $900.00 + shipping

Qty 5+: $850.00 + shipping

Model D w/PM4:

Qty 1-4: $1,050.00 + shipping

Qty 5+: $1,000.00 + shipping

Model E:

Qty 1-4: $1,260.00 + shipping

Qty 5+: $1,185.00 + shipping

• 1 year later...

How much is the shipping cost?

And the import duty?

Update - Just found another thread on ThaiVisa: -->ThaiVisa Exercise machines

According to mickmac in 2008, for a Concept2 Model D I guess:

air freight to BKK airport: 275 US dollars,

air freight to CNX [Chiang Mai Airport] 805 US dollars

Fed Ex to door 285 US dollars

I took delivery this afternoon, from the Fedex man, the cost of the tax etc in total was 5130 baht. This means, when using 33 baht to the dollar, the total coat was some 42,000 baht,
Edited by johnnok