Tropical Garden

leonn

How is the cheapest way to go to " NONGNOOCH GARDEN " in pattaya ..

some Thai people say ; you can get in to baht bus which go to sattahip and get off

near the road OF TROPICAL GARDEN !! but then you must go to door of nongnooch garden by walk

less 1 km..

is there any public bus which go to inside garden ??

do i have to buy ticket for " chang show " ? i want only see the gardn ; not interested in show;

normal taxi going there for 300 baht ... but its only 15 km

pattaya-bkk by bus only 130 baht long way.. how can be only 15 km way

300 baht and with return 600 baht !!

plus 400 baht garden 1000 baht garden visit..its too much..

As far as I know, now the ticket includes the show, there is no option.

The 20 baht white baht bus has to be the cheapest option but it's a long walk from the entrance in the hot sun, then you got to walk around the garden very tiring, maybe some kind soul would give you a ride on their way in.

For quite a few months now there has been a couple of tuk-tuks parked up at the side of Sukhumvit Road (underneath the enormous Nongnooch sign).

I'm guessing that they will transport people to the entrance (which is certainly far more than 1km from sukhumvit). However, I can't recall ever seeing any waiting to return customers to Sukhumvit Road.

Unfortunately there is no longer an option to pay a lower entrance fee just for the gardens. The fee of 400b (200b for residents) includes the shows.

I think this is a real shame as the gardens are stunning.

From the Nongnooch website โทร (038)709358-62 แฟกช์ 0-3823-8160 - maybe someone there can advise.

For quite a few months now there has been a couple of tuk-tuks parked up at the side of Sukhumvit Road (underneath the enormous Nongnooch sign).

I'm guessing that they will transport people to the entrance (which is certainly far more than 1km from sukhumvit). However, I can't recall ever seeing any waiting to return customers to Sukhumvit Road.

Unfortunately there is no longer an option to pay a lower entrance fee just for the gardens. The fee of 400b (200b for residents) includes the shows.

I think this is a real shame as the gardens are stunning.

From the Nongnooch website โทร (038)709358-62 แฟกช์ 0-3823-8160 - maybe someone there can advise.

I beg to differ chickenlegs. My wife took her family there just last week and told them on the gate that she only wanted to see the gardens. She was charged 100 Baht, half the local rate.

I agree that the gardens are stunning!

Cheers, Rick

Probably closer to 3 kilos. I drive it twice a week. You better be one hel_l of a walker. after an hour of hoofing your not going to feel like much walking. You can flag down a tuk tuk or a motorbike for 50- 100 baht. Don't quote me on this exact price but thats about the going rate per distance in Ban Ampur Ban Saray areas.

I beg to differ chickenlegs. My wife took her family there just last week and told them on the gate that she only wanted to see the gardens. She was charged 100 Baht, half the local rate.

I agree that the gardens are stunning!

Cheers, Rick

Maybe they have changed the policy again (I hope so). We live near to Nong Nooch and always take friends/family there when they visit us, so we are there about 3-4 times a year.

When the current pricing policy was introduced a couple of years ago I asked if we (Mrs chickenslegs and I) could just pay to walk around the gardens, as we've seen the shows so many times before, but we were told there is only one price (50% reduced for residents).

Thanks for the update Rick, I will ask again next time we visit.

Edited by chickenslegs