Gf Addicted To Sweeping

freebird32

I'm a two-broomer. Thank you. :)

Encouraged by your accolades, it's now going on my resume.

as well it should...

Yes I remember having left high school and learning to sweep with two brooms in both hands at once, and progressed to digging trenches with left and right methods on the shovel for a vocation. but as much as I was such a blessing for my Australian employers to have on those teams to get the jobs done much quicker for the same expense back then, I get a feeling that Thai people - the working class that is - are just innately diligent, such as the girls come in here to this hotel room every day and sweep the floor even if I have just picked up all the lint, and they empty the bin even though I just did it and took the litter down to the bin in the foyer downstairs, and they will go through the motions of cleaning a clean bathroom that I cleaned thirty minutes before and make my bed that I made already that morning, BECAUSE IT IS DUTY.

Us tourists will never understand the importance of duty like Thai people do, and we should.

---o0o---

I worked my guts out to show up the other blokes in the team, but that is not the same motivation that I see in Thai people, who just do it for the sake of the duty - no more and no less.

Edited by SeanMoran

Us tourists will never understand the importance of duty like Thai people do, and we should.

well said...i think that explains everything.

next topic?

maybe it's not just maids trying to look busy afterall...

Edited by turnpike

My cleaner left me for a job in Phuket in January. I have since picked up the broom again. And I tell you here in Isaan, that 20bht bit of magic is just the ticket!

You should see the one I have for 45bht for sweeping the leaves in the garden and those that make it onto the road. AWESOME thing it is!

Broom or Groom? I'll go with the Broom every time!!

My wife starts the day by sweeping the entire appartment.

Then she brings out the vacuum.

Then wash the dishes.

If I try to help, Im just told to bring out the garbage.

Rest is her job she claims.

I am not to interfere.

Im willing to enter a contest about the cleanest house/appartment in the kingdom.

It is almost sterile here.

All my farang and Thai friends notice how clean and tidy it is here.

My old mother almost cried of happiness when she visited the first time, and also noticed.

:)

well said...i think that explains everything.

next topic?

maybe it's not just maids trying to look busy afterall...

I took those two lovely hard working ladies out to dinner tonight, and it was great to observe that these same maids that I have known for the last month are perfectly capable of dressing up in their best clothes, (like I did), and having a good natural laugh at a restaurant to0 keep me company. Honestly, it was the best little night I have had since my return to Thailand, and I have no doubt that those same two wonderful friends will be back tomorrow morning to sweep out the nothings on the floor of this hotel room because that is what they get paid to do - the DUTY. Whether there is anything to sweep or not is irrelevant, because they are still here everyday to do it if it needs doing.

From now on dinner is on me for them, whether they are hungry or not.

Honestly, you can't tell some people!

You try - but they ignore the obvious answer in favour of what they want to believe.

Silly me, of course they're sweeping all day 'cos otherwise the house would be over-run by dust within 1 hour (according to a previous poster)..... :)

You try - but they ignore the obvious answer in favour of what they want to believe.

Silly me, of course they're sweeping all day 'cos otherwise the house would be over-run by dust within 1 hour (according to a previous poster)..... :)

If I want to be a slob, I can always hang the DnD sign on the door, put Sinatra on my laptop sound system, lie back down in my dirty unmade bed all day and do it my way, but I reckon it's best to save that act for some other country, not here in Thailand, where they play the national anthem on the radio every morning at 08:00 am.

If I want to be a slob, I can always hang the DnD sign on the door, put Sinatra on my laptop sound system, lie back down in my dirty unmade bed all day and do it my way, but I reckon it's best to save that act for some other country, not here in Thailand, where they play the national anthem on the radio every morning at 08:00 am.

Yes....., but I don't think this thread is about people living in a hotel. Its about the Thai gf/wife spending ALL her time mopping/sweeping the floor.

Yes....., but I don't think this thread is about people living in a hotel. Its about the Thai gf/wife spending ALL her time mopping/sweeping the floor.

Perhaps it's part of her nature, and who are we to complain about it? Maybe that wife of yours never worked in an hotel before, but that same sense of duty might still be there within her.

Perhaps it's part of her nature, and who are we to complain about it? Maybe that wife of yours never worked in an hotel before, but that same sense of duty might still be there within her.

I've absolutely no doubt that your gf/wife is different. They all are until everything goes horribly wrong.

That is why I don't have a wife. All I can say to you as an explanation for her behavior is that is a good habit that you should be thankful she has.

A 'good habit'! As I've pointed out umpteen times before - its an excuse for doing nothing.

A 'good' wife would be actually doing something rather than just vaguely waving a broom about....

But, as I keep saying, those that want to believe otherwise will always come up with arguments that 'the house gets so much dust that it needs sweeping all the time' etc. .....

Edited by F1fanatic

That is why I don't have a wife. All I can say to you as an explanation for her behavior is that is a good habit that you should be thankful she has.

A 'good habit'! As I've pointed out umpteen times before - its an excuse for doing nothing.

A 'good' wife would be actually doing something rather than just vaguely waving a broom about....

But, as I keep saying, those that want to believe otherwise will always come up with arguments that 'the house gets so much dust that it needs sweeping all the time' etc. .....

After that, please understand that it is pointless posting anything serious on any forum as disordered by advertising as this, so let's just have fun while we can.

Sweep on baby!

After that, please understand that it is pointless posting anything serious on any forum as disordered by advertising as this, so let's just have fun while we can.

Sweep on baby!

Rather a joke, isn't it? If you are fortunate enough to own a car that can do 300 km/h top speed, then that does not mean you have the right to try to drive everywhere at 300 km/h. The same goes for web servers, so I make no apologies for this triple post when I was just cruising along and the foolishness of the webhosts got in my way.

If you drive dangerously, and you crash, then don't be a bus driver.

Edited by SeanMoran