Which Side Of Beach Road Do You Walk?

maipenrai2010

Which side of Beach Road do you walk?  

52 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I vote for the shop side. I do not enjoy the walk from WS to Central Road. Too many unsightly h**k*rs, motorbikes, falling coconuts, dogs, path hoggers, slow walkers, touts, etc.

The other side has little sidewalk but less of the aforementioned.

Central Road to Naklua is a breath of fresh air though. :)

post-97887-1266394352_thumb.jpg

I was going to say from Dawn until dusk Beach Road sea-side and the hours of darkness on the pavement.

However I would refine that to 9.00am until dusk.

There have been some horrific and violent attacks on morning joggers between 6.00 am and 8.00 am.

6.00 am knife attack on Beach Road

Edited by syd barrett

I don't walk on beach road but recline on the back seat of my chauffeur-driven limousine :D

Quicker to walk I am afraid.... :):D

Who cares, if the mini bar is stocked? :D

even if not...there are enough 7/11s en route for restocking...my personal butler does that.

You can always spot someone who has lived in Pattaya for a while, they walk in the road 'cos both pavements are completely impassable most of the time.

So I voted Wild Side (the road)

Exactly. But me, shop side, the road. For walking on the road, it's the safer side, if that term can possibly apply to any road in PTY.

I only walk on Beach Road when I'm going to a shop or a bar, so I got no business on the beach side anyway.

Edited by JSixpack

Definitely beach side but I'm not out there walking too late, always before 11pm, and usually before 9.

The shop side is too jam packed with tourists window shopping and vendors asking me to buy things. The sidewalk on the beach side is more even, it's less crowded, and has a better view, so I really enjoy the walk more. Being a lady myself, none of the ladies there have ever bothered me.

The only thing wrong with walking on the beach side is you are sure to come across a dense throng of Chinese tourists, with pink towels around their necks, standing right in the middle of the footpath, gawking at their own photos laid out on the ground.

It doesn't matter how many "Ahem's" you make or loud coughing noises, they wont move out of your way.