Ordering 3bb

eek

I have rented a house around the Nimmanhemin/ksk area. I went into the new KSK 3BB office a couple of days ago to inquire about a Premier net package. No phone line, just net. Was given a bit of the run around when I went in to check up on progress today as they didnt call me back (they needed to check the area first apparently),and they couldnt find my details. Was told to phone a main number..did that..was told to go back to talk to the office..did that. They then checked on the computer and said that the area i live will not have net without a phone line until the end of March (a new dedicated server), but, if i get a phone line they will install net within a week.

Does this info seem correct guys? What experiences have you had?

The reason im asking is that it seemed like they were unsure what they were doing, so i am not so confident in what im being told. Plus, my concern is if i do wait till the end of march for the supposed dedicated non-phone line server, it will be postponed.

So...the alternative seems to be to just go ahead and get a TT&T phone line (the 3bb girl told me that TT&T is the only one they go through), then, after i get a number, they will hook me up with net in about 1 week.

Sound about right?? :)

Thanks so much.

Ok well, seems i cant get a phone line from TT&T, as that area is full and no #'s available. Will try TOT.

Wondering what the alternative net options are.

Im dubious about CAT and True as ive read on the forum that the performance hasnt been good.

Any tips?

Hmm..ok..seems that previously there was a TOT line in the house..so im going to check with TOT.

Does anyone know if i can get 3bb with a TOT line? (I trust the opinions here more than at the 3bb office..lol!)

Sorry for the zillion questions, just net is v important to me. I guess i should have checked this out even before renting, but i honestly thought that area wouldnt be a problem!

Have you tried AIS 3G ? .

No, havent, thank you. I hadnt thought about that one! Will look into it.

Would you know if AIS can do with no phone line?

Edited by eek

Have you tried AIS 3G ? .

No, havent, thank you. I hadnt thought about that one! Will look into it.

Would you know if AIS can do with no phone line?

No phone line .You buy a USB modem or a ROUTER .I recently moved to Chiang Mai and use them .Their pricing system is very odd making it better value to pay the extra for a Router at the moment anyway .There was a long thread about AIS around 3 weeks ago in this CM Forum .Search it out and you will get a lot of info .

Thank you Thaifan, will do.

Waiting now for TOT to call back (probably tomorrow now, or later) about whether or not i can get phone line. If so, i may just go with a TOT net package as they will do free installation too. Just need to check on TOT performance in that area. If not great then good to know that AIS is an alternative.

My concern is that i wait until end of March and zzz they tell me its not ready..so i wait..and wait...and wait....

I honestly dont trust half of what comes out of company representatives here, so often information conflicts or they spin some line to fob you off for another day. If i knew for certain there definatly is a plan in the works for the new server, i might hold off. I guess i can try their official service/helpline number again...

I've had good service with CAT Internet before with good international speeds, but their pricing is expensive. 3bb premier also has good international speeds and is cheaper. My experiences with TOT's internet has been awful and I won't get near them. You might want to look into getting AIS 3G to hold you over until you can get 3bb. They have pre-paid plans available. 50/50 chance that that server will be ready by the end of March knowing 3bb. TIT...

I would suggest AIS 3G wireless, users seem to be quite happy with it. I had CAT cdma for 7 months and it was only good for the first 2 weeks. You can't trust anything that the phones companies tell you, particularly regarding dates or speed. There was a thread recently about 3BB and the feedback was terrible. Good luck.

Thank you Thaifan, will do.

Waiting now for TOT to call back (probably tomorrow now, or later) about whether or not i can get phone line. If so, i may just go with a TOT net package as they will do free installation too. Just need to check on TOT performance in that area. If not great then good to know that AIS is an alternative.

I have had TOT for 3 years and am happy (L&H 3 km south of Mae Jo). A few problems over the 3 years, nothing serious. If I have a problem and call to ask about it, I always get real answer. And they have always been completely helpful and candid when I go to their offices. But then I speak Thai which may make the difference.

A fellow moved into a new house across the street 1.5 years ago and TOT told him the servers were maxed out; he would have to wait for 3 months or so while they added more. He did, they did, and now he has been with TOT for over a year and is happy, also.

So see what TOT has to say. The TOT nay-sayers' experiences are not universal.

OBTW: I am currently getting 3.3 MB down an 198KB up. works for me.

Forget about TOT net quality sux a bit cheaper than 3BB and yes the staff was right people in some areas can get net without phone line especially people who lives in the city people in some area can't. it depends... of course u dont need phone line cause net with phone line seems to be slower than net without phone line i heard this from their staffs that came to fix my net couple weeks ago i called to them, it disconnects a lot and sometimes its not connecting at all so they suggested me to quit phone line at TT&T company and go to 3bb company ask them to replace my net line to the main net cable properly (my area have it) i dont use landline at all btw such waste i pay 107 baht (VAT included) monthly sigh if u really want 3bb (it seems to work well than other companies) u will have to contact them again on march as they said then as far as i know they're working on it now...its new in thailand lol just like 3G wot a shame!

For more information u can go check at their site try to google ok.

Good Luck

Could always just plug in your wireless router, eek, and piggyback someone else's connection until you get wired. Bound to be someone within 50m with no security. If not, do a tracert (DOS) for those you're trying to connect to, bung the ip address in the address bar and try 'admin' 'admin' for router username/ password and have a look at their password under wireless settings if you get in. :)

Could always just plug in your wireless router, eek, and piggyback someone else's connection until you get wired. Bound to be someone within 50m with no security. If not, do a tracert (DOS) for those you're trying to connect to, bung the ip address in the address bar and try 'admin' 'admin' for router username/ password and have a look at their password under wireless settings if you get in. :)

naughty :D

My concern is that i wait until end of March and zzz they tell me its not ready..so i wait..and wait...and wait....

I honestly dont trust half of what comes out of company representatives here, so often information conflicts or they spin some line to fob you off for another day. If i knew for certain there definatly is a plan in the works for the new server, i might hold off. I guess i can try their official service/helpline number again...

Eek, I moved in to a new house a few miles out of Chiang Mai almost four years ago now, myself and others that bought out here were told there would be 400 dedicated lines put in the village in three months. If we wanted a phone immediately we could buy one from anyone who disconnected their phone for 16,000 Baht. I decided to wait, and wait and wait, three more months, three more months, there seemed no end to it. After two years waiting we finally got the lines and few complaints since. :)