Many Injured In Bloody Clash At Bangkok Stadium

george

It's all been building for a while here, the crowd numbers have exploded over night. If these two clubs played eachother 12 months ago you would have got about 300 people at the game. Last night there were about 15 000. It's all unprecedented, the security are naive hope they learn lots after that.

Many updates on the situation and the league here... http://www.thaileaguefootball.com/

Edited by Nigbon

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The link does seem to reinforce the purported tendency here, for a group to gang up on a individual. If this is, as described, an example of a violent, bloody, free for all, the participants seem to need some coaching/coaxing in effort. I have observed, that the girls/women , if turned loose, would put on a better show. They also seem more fair in that they do not seem afraid of one on one.

I watched the film and commented on that to my wife. In America when they fight it's a "free you mind" event. Meaning, it's a race to see the other guy's brains outside his skull.

Sure it was just the pitch ?.....distinctly remember members of the tartan army snapping crossbars as well... :D

We had no option. How on earth would we be able to get them on the train back north otherwise?

what a day that was !

It was indeed a great day and yes I was there, yes I was on the pitch BUT no violence just light banter :D

After all it was the first time we had beaten the English at Wembly since we were the FIRST team to beat the 1966 World Champions and oh how often we have had to relive that day :)

Never saw any problems at the game or in the pubs after and if the Goal posts had been made in Clydebank they would never have broken :D

Anyway I hope the BIB can learn from the English disease of years ago and have no more trouble at games.

BT :D .

Sure it was just the pitch ?.....distinctly remember members of the tartan army snapping crossbars as well... :)

We had no option. How on earth would we be able to get them on the train back north otherwise?

what a day that was !

This archive was very interesting.

How is Scottish international football faring just now ?

UPDATE

Police to take actions against football hooligans

BANGKOK: -- Police are reviewing video footage of the bloody clash between football fans at Supachalasai Stadium so it can bring the hooligans to justice.

Muang Thong United and Thai Port were playing for the King's Trophy on Saturday.

Many spectators were hurt in the melee and five of them have already lodged complaints with police.

"The victims have received minor injuries," Colonel Paisan Leusomboon, superintendent of Pathum Wan Police Station, said Sunday.

Four of the victims who came forward had supported Muang Thong United, while the other one counted Thai Port as his favourite team.

Paisan said the police investigation would focus on the agitators who started the attacks on others.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2010-02-22

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

FOOTY CLASH

Police checking footage

By The nation

BANGKOK: -- Police are reviewing video footage of the bloody clash between football fans at Supachalasai Stadium so it can bring the hooligans to justice.

Muang Thong United and Thai Port were playing for the King's Trophy on Saturday.

Many spectators were hurt in the melee and five of them have already lodged complaints with police.

"The victims have received minor injuries," Colonel Paisan Leusomboon, superintendent of Pathum Wan Police Station, said yesterday.

Four of the victims who came forward had supported Muang Thong United, while the other one counted Thai Port as his favourite team.

Paisan said the police investigation would focus on the agitators who started the attacks on others.

"We will ask the court to approve arrest warrants," he said.

A conviction would bring two years in jail and/or Bt4,000 fine.

Paisan vowed to proceed with the case quickly since so many people had their feelings let down.

"This is a traditional match and it's the competition for the King's Trophy," he said. "Football fans should demonstrate sportsmanship."

The Sports Authority of Thailand could also file a complaint because some property at its stadium was damaged, he added.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2010-02-22

My wife and I were in Amsterdam in the square, heard/saw some rioting and so we ducked into one of the bars. When we emerged, the place was sacked, I mean trashed. I asked one of the shop owners if the Ajax had lost, then? HE said no, they won. They celebrated by ruining the shops. NICE! What a bunch of douche lords. That goes for all these cerebral dis-connects who riot after a game. Little boys, sore losers.

I'm not saying that all sports are devoid of violence besides futbol, but it certainly has the reputation of some hooliganery to it. Not for me. Ill take Cricket, American football or speed knitting for that matter over that rubbish.

I see the fans are following the game in the good old British tradition.

English.

Our friends north of the border dont have a problem tearing up stadiums, may I present the events at Wembley on the 4th of June 1977 as evidence... :)

Just after you stole ...err won the world cup.........want the goal posts back? :D or wot

I wonder if carried on outside,or do you think everybody would of just been shouting "gin khao" and looking for there favourite noodle stands,storm in a teacup really...no security or uninterested security!! people can do what the want and lets face it they did not do that much.

Were you there then? It was enough to empty the whole stadium and get the game abandoned!

The security indeed was as useless as ever and as already pointed out, if they had acted firmly and swiftly it would have been nipped in the bud pprobably. As it was, they didn't even attempt to stop the ringleaders just pushing through the barrier which ultimately encouraged them to continue with their random assaults.

I have seen worse in England TBH but at the time everyone panicked which led to the feeling that it was turning very ugly and serious. Many (including myself and my gf-who's safety was my main concern) had to jump 8ft down onto the track around the pitch wich made matters more dangerous and others stampeded down the steps which in itself is a major dangerous situation. Very close behind me were a mob hurling and swinging objects at peole fleeing, so yes, it was hairy enough.

I think the most unfortunate issue is that there were many women and children there -i was also there with a 6 months pregnant woman,so i'm sure you can imagine how she felt - and were absolutely terrified. I doubt they will be rushing to their next match!

I still can't believe the police (and these are riot control police too! :) ) just stood there and let them through. I think this made me more angry than even the cowardly actions of the yobs!

Oh well, TIT,

No Luang i was not there,i do not see the excitement in watching poor footballers live these days.Watching a good standard is hard enough!

Sorry you was caught up in the situation,more so for your lady.

UPDATE

Police to take actions against football hooligans

"The victims have received minor injuries," Colonel Paisan Leusomboon, superintendent of Pathum Wan Police Station, said Sunday.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2010-02-22

Did I catch the name of the trophy the teams were playing for correctly? You'd think the fans would show a little more respect. But that's the way LOS is heading. Sad that not even that matters anymore.

I see the fans are following the game in the good old British tradition.

English.

Our friends north of the border dont have a problem tearing up stadiums, may I present the events at Wembley on the 4th of June 1977 as evidence... :)

Just after you stole ...err won the world cup.........want the goal posts back? :D or wot

boy i would to see you come and try it now, we learnt from you lot after that game, Euros Gazza what a goal. see you in South Africa, oops for got george to busy with the ladies to sort team out. would love rangers and dream of ENGLISH prem football because it would be championship standard at best.

Edited by NALAK

Sure it was just the pitch ?.....distinctly remember members of the tartan army snapping crossbars as well... :D

what a day that was !

It was indeed a great day and yes I was there, yes I was on the pitch BUT no violence just light banter :D

After all it was the first time we had beaten the English at Wembly since we were the FIRST team to beat the 1966 World Champions and oh how often we have had to relive that day :)

Never saw any problems at the game or in the pubs after and if the Goal posts had been made in Clydebank they would never have broken :D

Anyway I hope the BIB can learn from the English disease of years ago and have no more trouble at games.

guess your proud of the 30 odd rangers fans who singled out a ploiceman in manchester last year and nearly kicked him to death. think he wants his life back, you never got the post out the ground so do not need them back. if its english disease then you caught it quick we how ever cured ours. bring back the good old days when the english lord got to spend scottish brides first night with him in his area. maybe that where it came from your kids got so much english in them

what a day that was !

English disease please please comment on this, you proud, source STV. Pease all jocks who say it English disease comment, we do

not do this now days. i gan give you dozens more of such stuff just admit it your worse than us.

Rangers fan who killed Celtic supporter hours after Old Firm game jailed

Five years and three months in jail for man who pushed victim to the ground, kicked him and stamped on on his head.

what a day that was !

ah what a day this was, scots fans best in the world, when ever they go abraod everybody loves em, trouble is they never get to go abroad :)

Five years and three months in jail for man who pushed victim to the ground, kicked him and stamped on on his head.

what a day that was !

ah what a day this was, scots fans best in the world, when ever they go abraod everybody loves em, trouble is they never get to go abroad :D

Oh you do seem to have a Huge CHIP on your shoulder, selective memory as well as you repeat yourself. You say Back on topic, and then raise the same topic.

If you want to have a slightly less basis look think back to the football disasters caused in Europe and England by English fans ( or so called fans).

Yes there are trouble makers in any large crowd and yes we all know the trouble between the Real old firm so don't be so selective, its the overall position and yes Scottish fans are colourful, sing and generally have good relationships and banter with opposing sides.

I think we have even won awards as the best fans at the few tourneyments that we have qualified for. :D

So off you go on your St George horse and have a good day :) and try to get back on the topic.

BT :D