So Many Guppies!

Where ever I put my increasing number of Guppies they just keep multiplying. I separated half a dozen into one water bowl/pond and now there are dozens. Another one is packed with them. I don't know how you control them other then separating the males from the females. Are they are god as a soup I wonder? I could I dry them and then grind them up to make a fish paste?

Just leave them alone and a balance will be achieved, no need to feed them.

Really ? Whereas I am relieved by this (we now have 5 large stone pots full of em), I think the wife won't let me not feed them.. :)

We try and give them away, but soon we will have saturated the village..

Totster :D

I bought 10 females and 10 males for a pond I've recently Buillt. I was amazed when we had young within a couple of days.

I used to have some in a pond which Ducks had access to. There were always lots of very small fish but no large ones. I suspect the Ducks kept the population under control.

I bought 10 females and 10 males for a pond I've recently Buillt. I was amazed when we had young within a couple of days.

I used to have some in a pond which Ducks had access to. There were always lots of very small fish but no large ones. I suspect the Ducks kept the population under control.

You don't need to buy any males, just buy/get pregnant females. :)

I had an unexpected, but fortunate, small disaster yesterday. I put the water hose into the over populated guppie bowl to top it up, and then away to watch TV. An hour later my wife pointed out that the garden was flooding. When I went out there were probably a hundred guppies swimming around the garden in amongst the grass :) . My wife forced me to save as many as I could but I still lost a couple of dozen.

When I looked in the bowl this morning though there still seemed to be way way too many there.

A couple of nights ago, I was watching telly after a couple of Changs when a movement caught my eye, closer examination revealed it came from here:-

post-14979-1267624990_thumb.jpg

Apart from the fact that these are bamboo plants with paper roses attached to the top notice anything unusual?

Look closer:-

post-14979-1267625063_thumb.jpg

She Who Must be Obeyed thought they would get eaten by the larger occupants of the pot, so they were rescued and installed in the only available water. Seem happy enough and are feeding well.

Same problem here. I noticed last night that the maid has taken a bunch out of our main pot and put them into another pot which holds a fountain and big, sucking water filter. How the heck I'm supposed to turn on the fountain without making them all into fish paste I don't know.....sigh.