Twin Hitler Paintings On Pattaya Tai

Jingthing

The sage of Naziana in Thailand continues, right here in Pattaya City.

On Pattaya Tai on the south side between beach and 2nd fairly close to 2nd is an "art" paintings shop (a little bit inside a walking soi). I was rather shocked to view two large paintings of Adolph Hitler sporting a nasty expression (better than smiling I suppose) and wearing Nazi swastikas.

Sorry, I do not think this OK, even in politically incorrect Thailand. BTW, just to the right of the twin Hitlers was a painting of similar size of the man that can't really be discussed here. I have photos but because of the latter point, of course I can't post them.

BTW, when I took the photos a couple of rough Europeans (perhaps Anglo, not sure) made some very nasty comments to me about taking the photos. I have no idea if they thought I was pro or anti Hitler though, so I just ignored, actually I would have never agitated them anyway as they were really rough macho types.

OK, this topic is not about Buddhist swastikas. It is about Nazi Hitler images.

Do people really think this kind of thing is OK? Selling pictures that obviously glorify Hitler?

To clarify even more, I am generally against censorship of any kind of real art. Of course in real art images of Hitler and Nazi symbols may be totally legitimate. But these paintings were Hitler worship items, certainly not art.

Edited by Jingthing

Just cut out the backgound of 'he who cannot be named' and post the pictures of the Hitler twins so we can see what you're on about.
It's not really necessary. Everyone knows what a heroic portrait of Hitler looks like anyway (in full formal Nazi uniform). There there were two big ones, side by side. Maybe I would have been less surprised if I saw this in Naklua. Edited by Jingthing

Just cut out the backgound of 'he who cannot be named' and post the pictures of the Hitler twins so we can see what you're on about.
It's not really necessary. Everyone knows what a heroic portrait of Hitler looks like anyway (in full formal Nazi uniform). There there were two big ones, side by side. Maybe I would have been less surprised if I saw this in Naklua.

Just post the pic Jingy, I'll take the blame

:)

Anyone in Pattaya can see the real deal themselves unless the customer has come in for his order. I do wonder who buys them.

We don't all live in Pattaya Jingy

Not very clear mate

It's not really necessary. Everyone knows what a heroic portrait of Hitler looks like anyway (in full formal Nazi uniform). There there were two big ones, side by side. Maybe I would have been less surprised if I saw this in Naklua.

Then I can't understand your reference to them 'obviously glorifying Hitler' or being 'Hitler worship items' and not art if they are just paintings of him in a pose that everyone knows anyway.

Sorry you can't understand. They are heroic poses of Hitler. Only a Nazi would want those pictures. How could that be art? If you are going to get all pedantic on me and say I can't really tell because I haven't seen the image, my response is you are being completely disingenuous.

Edited by Jingthing

Sorry you can't understand. They are heroic poses of Hitler. Only a Nazi would want those pictures. How could that be art?

And who is the geeza that can't really be discussed here, sort it out Jingy or I'll start a poll

Anyone in Pattaya can see the real deal themselves unless the customer has come in for his order. I do wonder who buys them.

i will tell you later. now i have to hurry to get those paintings i ordered. good to know they are finally done :)

i will tell you later. now i have to hurry to get those paintings i ordered. good to know they are finally done :)

Does that mean you are the one that can't really be discussed here,

Thought it was you Naam

:D

Anyway I'm going swimming

Sorry you can't understand. They are heroic poses of Hitler. Only a Nazi would want those pictures. How could that be art? If you are going to get all pedantic on me and say I can't really tell because I haven't seen the image, my response is you are being completely disingenuous.

And my response is that you're likely getting your knickers in a twist over nothing, but I can't judge without seeing what you're on about and as I don't live in Pattaya and seldom venture down Pattaya Tai when I'm there I probably won't ever see them.

Why would a picture of Adolf offend most people...why do you let it bother you?

As an American, I don't particularly like the paintings and t-shirts sold around town that show Osama bin-Ladin in an approving light but I don't loose any sleep over them.

A picture or portrait or whatever of just about anybody or thing is sure to offend somebody...and going down the road of banning "offensive" images quickly becomes a slipery slope.

Why would a picture of Adolf offend most people...why do you let it bother you?

As an American, I don't particularly like the paintings and t-shirts sold around town that show Osama bin-Ladin in an approving light but I don't loose any sleep over them.

A picture or portrait or whatever of just about anybody or thing is sure to offend somebody...and going down the road of banning "offensive" images quickly becomes a slipery slope.

Yeah - that's what the, er, Nazis would do.