Is Sex Without Love Wrong?

IanForbes

It sure would seem to be with so many people wanting to impose their own sense of morals on others. I know dozens of marriages and long term relationships where love does not seem to be a factor in the relationship. I see lots of casual sex between couples where there is no love. But these same people then say it is wrong for others to pay for a service in cash. And yet, it is somehow okay when more money is spent on going to the theatre or going to diner in fine restaurants, before any sex will occur. Why is it that people want to impose their OWN beliefs on others when it is nobody's business but the people in question?

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People should'nt impose their beliefs on others and if you are content with your lifestyle then carry on. You don't need to justify yourself, unless that is what this topic is about, i'm not sure. Just for my two setang, it's not what i'm looking for, it just seems so shallow, but if that is what others want then so what, whats the problem. Lets face it, how many "true love" relationships do you see here :)

Too many people stick their beaks in other peoples business :D

Edited by carmine

Sex is good

Love for sex is wrong!

Love is love, I love flowers, trees, animals, to travel, adventures,

nature, good food, wine, nice cockatils, a cold beer, cooking, art,

music, reading, books, good movies, chocolates, swimming, yoga ....

but can't have sex with this! :)

Edited by Samuian

Sex is good

Love for sex is wrong!

but can't have sex with this! :)

You missed out Water Melon

:D

People should'nt impose their beliefs on others and if you are content with your lifestyle then carry on. You don't need to justify yourself, unless that is what this topic is about, i'm not sure. Just for my two setang, it's not what i'm looking for, it just seems so shallow, but if that is what others want then so what, whats the problem. Lets face it, how many "true love" relationships do you see here :)

Too many people stick their beaks in other peoples business :D

True. That is the point I am trying to make. I don't see many "true love" relationships ANYWHERE, and not just in Asia. I frankly don't care what arrangement others have in regards to a relationship for convenience sake. I just don't see some peoples claim on supposedly having higher moral standards when it is obvious to anyone with eyes that it is just not so. I guess I've just seen a LOT of hypocracy with these people who say they are better than others ... just because they say so. And, I'm not just talking about Thai-farang relationships; I'm talking about everywhere. The amount of hypocracy in North America is astounding.

Sex is good

Love for sex is wrong!

but can't have sex with this! :D

You missed out Water Melon

:D

:)

Sex is good

Heroin is good too, should we all take some?

It's a metaphor!

Knowing what it does.... it can't be "good" how "good" it's effects ever might be!

Adrenalin rush is good, because being chased by the coppers gives one an adrenalin boost,

it can't be"good" to rob a bank, steal a car or shoot someone!

Hmmm is the question actually "Is prostitution or paying for sex wrong?" or is it "is sex without love wrong?"

Those two questions are not the same. The question is bound up with what actually constitutes consent. If both (or more) participants are there not to survive but because they want to have fun, then hey! Have fun! However, if one of the participants is there to survive then it seems there is a form of economic coersion going on. imho.... of course :)

I have to say that being an adult gay man certainly does give me an advantage in Thailand and everywhere else where homosexuality is not condemned. Men like sex :D

Of course it is wrong. Of course the sex-addicts will say otherwise to justify their activities :)

Yeah right, let me know when you find sex WITH love in Thailand. A rare situation indeed. There sure are a lot of sex addicts here(in LOS) then, men/woman; Thai and Farang.

Why would it be wrong.. sex is fun no need to have love and sex. Its just a need that needs be satisfied like hunger.

Too bad christians and others put a whole moral code around it and try to impose it on others.

Why would it be wrong.. sex is fun no need to have love and sex. Its just a need that needs be satisfied like hunger.

Too bad christians and others put a whole moral code around it and try to impose it on others.

Not only Christians. Take a look at the "other" major religions and their various prohibitions as to what one can and cannot do, including the major "philosophy" here in LOS.

Hmmm is the question actually "Is prostitution or paying for sex wrong?" or is it "is sex without love wrong?"

Those two questions are not the same. The question is bound up with what actually constitutes consent. If both (or more) participants are there not to survive but because they want to have fun, then hey! Have fun! However, if one of the participants is there to survive then it seems there is a form of economic coersion going on. imho.... of course :)

I have to say that being an adult gay man certainly does give me an advantage in Thailand and everywhere else where homosexuality is not condemned. Men like sex :D

This is aIong the Iines of what i was thinking too. I dont think many have any kind of issue about casuaI sex between two consenting aduIts. Its no-ones business but theirs (weII..of course Iines get bIurred if one of those peopIe are married etc, so i guess you couId say as Iong as no-one gets hurt, or its not harming anyone. But reaIIy depends on each circumstance). When it comes to paying for sex, then you have to think about the reasons the person is seIIing their body. If they had any reaI choice or say, wouId they have sex with the person who is paying them..weII quite probabIy not. Circumstances cause them to have no reaI choice. SeIIing their bodies because its their best commodity and they can make more money. Sure, a person couId choose to earn some crap money cIeaning toiIets etc, but then, what future can they give their kids/famiIy/etc? If there was a reaI comparative option/choice i am sure many wouId not into prostitution. You can argue that the girIs/boys are greedy and they want easy money..but in aII honest there is reaIIy nothing easy about having to Iet severaI strangers do what they want to your body. In aII honesty guys, if some man offered you x amount of cash (a few thousand baht) to invade your body, wouId you Iet him? Im guessing not. Why? Because you are in a position where you are not desperate and can reaIisticaIIy say no.

Of course this wont go down weII..and as we are discussing that which shouId not be discussed..wiII IikeIy get cIosed soon anyway..so nvm.

Edited by eek

It generally takes some human motivation to have sex. One doesn't just walk down the street and accidentally have sex. Hey everybody I just fell on a dude's pecker by accident. What did you do on your lunch break?

Possible motivations for sex?

procreation?

love?

power?

greed?

fear or insecurity?

excitement?

compensation?

curiosity?

boredom?

personality disorder such as addiction?

and probably quite a few others. It's totally perspective driven question whether its okay or not and depends on the situation and who your asking.

Of course it is wrong. Of course the sex-addicts will say otherwise to justify their activities :D

Yeah right, let me know when you find sex WITH love in Thailand. A rare situation indeed. There sure are a lot of sex addicts here(in LOS) then, men/woman; Thai and Farang.

Sex Addict ! . Its a well known fact that 'Most' Males think about Sex a Zillion Times a day. OK, slight exageration, but its part of our programming. Whats to Justify, Sex between two consenting adults is no ones business but there own. Get over yourself.

Keep your Pecker Up Ian. How do you stop yourself from falling in Love though :)

eek is 100% spot on.

Taking a date & paying for dinner & theater is NOT paying for sex, at the end of the night one or both can refuse. That is the chance taken.

Paying a women or man to have sex with you is a totally different kettle of fish. You are procuring the service they offer, they "could" refuse you I suppose depending on their financial situation at the time or the rules of the bar but to imply that this is a case of 2 consenting adults enjoying each other then you are wrong, there are far too many variables & you are buying their body for that time.

I can be single go out ask a single guy if he wants a shag & do it, that is 2 consenting adults enjoying sex without love. Going up to a sex worker & asking for sex involves agree to an amount, getting a shag & paying them for it. Not really a question of the act not happening in that scenario.

You really can't see the difference?

The bottom line is, if you go out looking for "true love" here and fail to let the lovely lady know how much "money" (thats what love is here :) ) you are worth you will end up losing all memory of what sex was like in the first place. :D:D

eek is 100% spot on.

Taking a date & paying for dinner & theater is NOT paying for sex, at the end of the night one or both can refuse. That is the chance taken.

Paying a women or man to have sex with you is a totally different kettle of fish. You are procuring the service they offer, they "could" refuse you I suppose depending on their financial situation at the time or the rules of the bar but to imply that this is a case of 2 consenting adults enjoying each other then you are wrong, there are far too many variables & you are buying their body for that time.

I can be single go out ask a single guy if he wants a shag & do it, that is 2 consenting adults enjoying sex without love. Going up to a sex worker & asking for sex involves agree to an amount, getting a shag & paying them for it. Not really a question of the act not happening in that scenario.

So is coughing up a monthly "subscription fee" to your lady or paying exorbitant sin sod the same as sex for money? Would you call these women "sex workers"? A fine line, if you ask me.

The bottom line is, if you go out looking for "true love" here and fail to let the lovely lady know how much "money" (thats what love is here :) ) you are worth you will end up losing all memory of what sex was like in the first place. :D:D

Precisely !!! In most cases here, if the money is not good enough (unless you might be 20 something & very handsome), you will get zip.

eek is 100% spot on.

So is coughing up a monthly "subscription fee" to your lady or paying exorbitant sin sod the same as sex for money? Would you call these women "sex workers"? A fine line, if you ask me.

Quick question..."Do Thai men pay salaries?" :)