Whats The Big Deal With Saying Your Wife Is...

cognos

Thing is OP if you take your Thai/Chinese girl overseas no matter what country you go to people when they find out she's Thai will automatically presume there is a good chance she's a mail order bride or a hooker, so no need to think youre above it all just yet.

Oddly enough it always seems to me that the person making the comment or judgement is really just allowing their true colors to shine through.

My wife, just a regular Bangkok born Thai girl finds it all so amusing. We have heard and see enough comments to allow us to always have something to laugh about. She did her master's in the US. Moved back to BKK where I actually met her.

Once while having lunch at the MBK food court she left the table to get more food (imagine that a Thai girl needing more food) and the farang beside me so clearly sitting with his bar girl (obvious by the fact they did not say two words to each other for the entire meal, she was covered in Tats and dressed like, ummm a hooker) leaned over to me and asked what bar I got her from hahaha.. talk about class.

But trust me it's not only in Thailand, the last time my wife and I were at our house in Canada my long term neighbor next door said his hello's and was very polite to her but one afternoon he was in his backyard and we overheard him say about me "I can't believe he dragged his Thai hooker all the way back to Canada" Obviously very hurtful to my wife, but as I said it really says more about the intelligence level of the person making the comment than the person they are commenting on.

We have also have many instances of Farangs talking to my wife like she is a five year old Thai with broken Thinglish only to have her answer them in English every bit as good as theirs... the look is priceless...

The point to all of this, who cares? If you met each other, love each other and want to build a life with each other, do so... and ignore all the noise around you...

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why can't a cigar just be a damm cigar? Yeah my wife has a Chinese grandma so that makes her Thai Chinese? Ok so...why should that even be a issue? Why do people get so bent out of shape over it? Is there something wrong with Thai Chinese? Is there something better about them?

hel_l no, it just is what it is, and mentioning ones ethnic make up should be no cause for determining the quality of the individual. Because any civilized person knows that races means nothing when determining one's character. I judge based on their words and deeds and how well they match.

Whats The Big Deal With Saying Your Wife Is..., Thai Chinese?

after hearing lots of bad stories, regarding isaan women.

issan women are loud and aggressive.

unlike the Thai Chinese

Edited by patong

Yeah right! You ever seen an old Thai/Chinese man in a shop with his wife!!

Jeezuz, you know who wears the pants.

No thanks.

Plus i dont like perms.

Up here in CM, there are Sooo many Thai/Chinese that there is little difference on the whole, apart from maybe a golden lion on the outside of the house... all the grannies do Tai Chi at the Moobaan entrance, every single one with a massive afro perm.

Quite sweet old grannies. Who knows if they are kuomintang refugees or 'hi-so' elite. Really not much difference up here look wise or money wise. (on the whole).

Of course the Heroin lords were Chinese up here (only tamed a decade ago) , and as a result maybe those billions of dollars went into 'legitimate' - or the flesh trade, maybe even to big Bangkok business, Pattaya.. etc.. you can do the maths.

Edited by whiterussian

I think the farangs that go around looking for the white-skinned, chinese-heritage thais are just trying to get the closest they can to a female like back home. Let's face it, thai models, in fact all asian models inside asia and respective asian popular cultures, attempt to be the most farang-looking (or gaijin-looking) possible without actually being caucasian. I for one don't see the appeal at all of some pale thai model with hello-kitty eyes and crooked smile... in fact most farangs new to thailand are amazed at how "plain" or 'boring' thai female models in ads or tv seem to be, since they are in fact just attempting to be "made in china" versions of average-looking caucasian brunettes.

Edited by Svenn

Annd how about no, I like pale asian girls, always have. The minute I visited Thailand I found them more attractive. So, surprise I dated and then married a pale asian girl. I also happen to hate blond hair..

But if we want to paint with a broad brush, anyone dating a non-pale girl has obviously succumbed to the "exotic tropical brown skinned girl syndrome" plaguing western advertisements.

People have different tastes, this is not a bad thing. Do people really care that one guy likes pale and the other prefers a nice tan-skinned girl? Obviously they do, else these topics wouldn't come up monthly... It's an elaborate pissing contest to ensure themselves that they chose right, yet if they are happy they chose right no matter what she looks like!

Once while having lunch at the MBK food court the farang beside me so clearly sitting with his bar girl asked what bar I got her from hahaha.. talk about class.

The point to all of this, who cares? If you met each other, love each other and want to build a life with each other, do so... and ignore all the noise around you...

So . . . did you tell him which bar or are you keeping us in suspense??? :)

As for 'The point to all of this, who cares?' . . . you obviously do as you wrote a lengthy post extolling the virtues of your 'Bangkok-wife', the one who did her masters in the US, who speaks fluent English etc...

Methinks thou doth protest too much

Nothing, except if one's bride happens not to be and is of a darker hue and the ensuing inferiority complexes come into play.

Edited by Sing_Sling

Perhaps that you should pose that question to yourself . . . in more ways than one

Really? Perhaps you should? You seem far too tightly wound that you feel the need to pick at other's posts and attempt to turn them into something they are not. Next time I post I'll try to be more like you, simply throw around one liners without any background or commentary on why a comment was offered.

Continue on playing by yourself if you so desire you bore me, expect no further replies to you, heaven forbid I get any on me.

Perhaps that you should pose that question to yourself . . . in more ways than one

Really? Perhaps you should? You seem far too tightly wound that you feel the need to pick at other's posts and attempt to turn them into something they are not. Next time I post I'll try to be more like you, simply throw around one liners without any background or commentary on why a comment was offered.

Continue on playing by yourself if you so desire you bore me, expect no further replies to you, heaven forbid I get any on me.

Oh dear, battling a touch of the vapours, are you? Breathe in, breathe out, breathe in, breathe out.

I commented on your post because it is disingenuous to the extreme . . . you spend the post talking about how your, doubtlessly lovely, wife is this and that etc etc . . . but who cares if others are the polar opposite, not in positve manner. :)

As for 'one-liners without background or commentary' . . . not required for a post like yours.

Breathe in, breathe out, breathe in, breathe out

unlike the Thai Chinese

..the bottom line is no one can help WHERE or when they are born, in LOS or anywhere else, MOREOVER, no one can CHOOSE their parents, hence no one can CHOOSE their ethnicity. This fact in itself should preclude ALL racism in the world, stereotyping not withstanding..

dunno why yas all complain so much. have a couple of mia nois and she'll be apples.

got ya white chink-thai gf, got ya luk krung gf, got ya issan pig nose brown skin and got ya caucasian woman from uzbekistan.

cant offend anyone then. :)

..but do you have a favorite? ..you see, it is not about who is BETTER..it is about who is best in YOUR eyes only. As children we all learn NOT to worry or care about what others have..so what happened???

signed: quantity over "quality"??

unlike the Thai Chinese

..the bottom line is no one can help WHERE or when they are born, in LOS or anywhere else, MOREOVER, no one can CHOOSE their parents, hence no one can CHOOSE their ethnicity. This fact in itself should preclude ALL racism in the world, stereotyping not withstanding..

are you having a problem understanding, this is my opinion. there is no racism or stereotyping, in my posts, just awareness.

unlike the Thai Chinese

are you having a problem understanding, this is my opinion. there is no racism or stereotyping, in my posts, just awareness.

yes, i understand that.. i was not pointing fingers at you..i assume you were only generalizing your opinion, and i was too, and I was just using your post as a reference for a general synopsis. i asssume you are not racist, so i apologize if you thought i was inferring that you were.. be assured that i was not

they cannot help where they come from, but they can help there behavior.

Yes indeed. In some, or even many cases, their behaviour/attitudes/lifestyes etc. may be influenced from their cultural, socio-economic background, but to suggest, for example, that Issan Thai Chinese women are this or that, or Southern Thai Chinese women are this or that is a slippery sloped argument fraught with difficulties.

Many like to generalize about certain groups, but there are too many inherent anomalies within the sub- groups to use blanket policy statements like Thai chinese all rich and educated, for example .

If we believe generalizations as gospel truths, we are wading in dangerous waters.

signed; exceptions to the "rule" rule

Yes indeed. In some, or even many cases, their behaviour/attitudes/lifestyes etc. may be influenced from their cultural, socio-economic background, but to suggest, for example, that Issan Thai Chinese women are this or that, or Southern Thai Chinese women are this or that is a slippery sloped argument fraught with difficulties.

Many like to generalize about certain groups, but there are too many inherent anomalies within the sub- groups to use blanket policy statements like Thai chinese all rich and educated, for example .

If we believe generalizations as gospel truths, we are wading in dangerous waters.

signed; exceptions to the "rule" rule

as you have pointed out [in some, or even many cases, their behaviour/attitudes/lifestyes etc. may be influenced from their cultural, socio-economic background.]

my wife just so happens to be thai chinese, and the question was [Whats The Big Deal With Saying Your Wife Is thai chinese.

my wife comes from a poor working class background, with a basic education. she has a low pitch voice and speaks in a civilized manner.

she is the sweetest girl i have ever meet, with no intentions to offend or harm others.

when comparing thai people, that come from similar backgrounds, i have come to the conclusion that maybe the person and not the background.

when comparing thai people, that come from similar backgrounds, i have come to the conclusion that maybe the person and not the background.

As I said previously and still stand by, usually the people making the comments or generalizations by doing so are really making much more telling comments about themselves than the people they are attempting to slur.... I guess there are just a lot of KIA posters on TV that feel the only way to improve their lot in life is by demeaning others, a sorry state of affairs indeed.

As I said previously and still stand by, usually the people making the comments or generalizations by doing so are really making much more telling comments about themselves than the people they are attempting to slur.... I guess there are just a lot of KIA posters on TV that feel the only way to improve their lot in life is by demeaning others, a sorry state of affairs indeed.

so what input have you contributed, to this topic. on the two occasions you have remarked there been no reason too.

maybe this is hitting home to you, if you don't like it don't read it. straight back at you.

Thai Chinese make an interesting and attractive physical mix to Thais.

Thai Chinese girls are less likely to make a play for men, especially foreigners, even if they like them. They are in demand already.

Thai Chinese are brought up with some of the stricter moral codes of their parents.

Thai Chinese are in the top jobs. They have more intelligence passed down in the genes and parents can often afford to give them better/further education.

Thai Chinese often live with their parents until marriage (referring to Bangkok), study in Bangkok and then work in Bangkok. They're on a tighter leash when it comes to nightlife and relationships.

Thai AND Thai Chinese men find Thai Chinese girls more attractive and more eligible as partners for the above reasons. Darker-skinned indiginous Thai girls know this. Draw your conclusion. Pure Chinese are generally not as appealing.

Thai Chinese girls are more difficult to attract.

Cant argue with that. Plus the stricter upbringing coupled with a more inquiring, open mind and independent spirit = the Thai Chinese girls being far hornier than their Isaan cousins. But of course, they are harder to meet and get to know. Most farang guys want the easy route, via a beer bar or gogo to meet the 'waitress' of their dreams

A Money Grabbing Isaan Farmgirl Vs Kinky, Educated, Thai/Chinese chick. There's No Comparison.

People have said my wife is:

Indian

West Indian

Loatian

African (reason for edit..I forgot this one)

Nobody has ever accused her of coming from Surat Thani :D

I don't really get it as it was not long ago that the Chinese were all dressed in sackcloth suits carrying little red books that looked like Del Boy's Filofax.

The Chinese are the most obnoxious race I have ever encountered on my travels. I have never been to China and judging by the tourists I have seen outside of their own country I would never go....they have abolutley no social skills :)

Edited by ThaiPauly

Patong, i agree with you that it is the person, NOT the background..

however..we all form our bias from our personal experiences and perceptions, so for example if we meet several people from the same background, and in our view they portray similar behaviours, we may form (correct or incorrect) generalizations about a particular group, and we will probably usually be WRONG.

signed: can't judge a book by it's cover

Onlooker, your observation rings a bell in that my ( Thai chinese) wife was hard to get to know, hard to get into bed ( for 18 months of courtship), but after marriage she has shown her true colors, meaning she wants intimacy every night.. she certainly went from one extreme to the other..

..now this is just one example, so i am NOT saying they are all like that..

DO you think some people share too much on Thai visa?

COngos, you know i like you and think you mean well. SO this is not meant to rattle you. I'm just curious to know if you ever consider that in response to your last post re 18 months, there are bound to be some bitter or better informed Forumeers who are thinking,

"so he was an "option" for 18 months while being vetted. Of course as an "option" she wouldn't cheat on her current boyfriend with him. That would be bad form. (the sort of thing an issan girl might do but not a thai-nese) Then on final commitment (funds cleared) she stopped getting it from the other guy, possible she gave him his marching orders or at least put him on alert that the (not today I am still sore from hubby) excuses for no intimacy might be wheeled out for a while. And made the switch, thus completing the illusion of a chased but willing concubine".

There are cynics everywhere but TV has it fair share and sometimes its like you just throw them bait, mate.

My real mates back home would never allude to what went on in there bedrooms with their wives. It would be considered a violation of a sacred trust. Maybe I am old fashioned but if felt as giddy about my wife as you seem to, I would keep my personal life between the two persons involved and not use it as teaching aid for the Forum.

Sorry, I didn't have my breakfast so please understand that even if this doesn't seem it, it is meant in kindness.

so what input have you contributed, to this topic. on the two occasions you have remarked there been no reason too.

maybe this is hitting home to you, if you don't like it don't read it. straight back at you.

Well said, but at last we know a lot about traderjm's wife . . . how she is NOT a low-class darkie and that she can speak English better than native English speakers, that she has an overseas post-grad degree . . . NOT that all that matters, of course . . . noooo . . .

I don't really get it as it was not long ago that the Chinese were all dressed in sackcloth suits carrying little red books that looked like Del Boy's Filofax.

The Chinese are the most obnoxious race I have ever encountered on my travels. I have never been to China and judging by the tourists I have seen outside of their own country I would never go....they have abolutley no social skills :)

What little red books are you referring to the Chinese carrying to Thailand?

As for Chinese being a 'race' . . . well, they're not. You will find that they are the same race as your good lady.

Having been to China quite a few times on business and seeing 'fresh-off-the-boat' mainland immigrants in Oz and NZ I'd agree with you, though.

We're not talking about them, though, are we? There's a heck of difference between Thai-Chinese, Malaysian-Chinese, Singapore-Chinese etc... to Mainlanders.

Hahaha, oddly enough I was agreeing with you, guess it was not clear. I fully agree 100% it has NOTHING to do with where someone was born, i.e. what part of Thailand or what part of any country there are good and bad from everywhere. There are great people from Issan and rotten people that are considered Hi-So from BKK

Hitting home to me? Yes I guess it is, why wouldn't it, I am married to a Thai and I don't care for people assuming ANYTHING about her because she is Thai alone I sure would not like people to assume more or less about her because of where she might have been born.. but again like I said really what does it matter?

If YOU and HER are happy with and comfortable with each other all the rest is just noise the trick is to learn to ignore the noise, I didn't realize by commenting on it that some how meant more simply being a comment. A lot of thin skinned posters it seems.. not meaning you in this case but funny how so many project..