Whats The Big Deal With Saying Your Wife Is...

cognos

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The vast majority of women in un-reputable occupations come from Isaan. If you think this is just a myth, check it out at your local bar.

Unfortunately this reflects badly on everyone from Isaan as the girl’s parents are happy to see her take this route - as evidenced by the way the family are overjoyed when their daughter comes home with a farang b/f.

Those families that would be horrified by their daughter entering an un-reputable occupation would similarly be concerned at their daughter turning up with a farang b/f.

I’m not sure whether the Thai’s dislike of Isaan people is for this reason or because Isaan is a poor region, and Thais respect money.

Thai-Chinese are immediately assumed to be wealthy and hard-working, not always the case - but the belief then follows that the girl comes from a wealthy background and is not marrying for money.

Its actually not a bad way of judging the motivation - if the family are only too happy to see their daughter with a farang, you know its money motivated. If the family aren't too happy - they're not looking at you as a cash cow.

Edited by F1fanatic

hi Loz, point well taken..i would never allude to what happens in the bd room, just what happens, if that makes any sense.. its not her I have to, or had to worry about, it's me..

if she fooled around in that 18 month duration, I don't worry about stuff like that..I know what I did though..

I was not always a good monkey ( we call each other that all the time..but i know that is also a bit too MUCH info.. )

but seriously, thanks for the heads up..I am honest to a FAULT on this anonymous blog, in a mostly VAIN attempt to get a message across clearly from time to time..so i see, said the blind man.

signed..hear no evil, see no evil, say no evil

enerzne, racism means in part that "human abilities are determined by race". ( oxford dictionary) For the record i am not racist, in fact I prefer other races to my own.

I don't see how calling someone Thai Chinese is tantamount to racism. Please elaborate your theory to enlighten me; as it is your assertation seems as odd as Sing_Sling's 2 legged horse, which is, in my opinion, the best avatar on TV by a country MILE ( with Never Die's "running" a close second )

signed; but its running nowhere quickly

The vast majority of women in un-reputable occupations come from Isaan. If you think this is just a myth, check it out at your local bar.

Plenty of 'Thai-Chinese' in the profession too. Mainly servicing the Thai market, rather than the tourist/expat one.

Or so I am told :)

Plenty of 'Thai-Chinese' in the profession too. Mainly servicing the Thai market, rather than the tourist/expat one.

Or so I am told :)

that may be true, if so what dose that tell you, about the thai chinese women.

Being a kiwi of scottish, irish, german and english descent I think its best to tell people that I am Maori, that way I get better benefits from the government and the ability to vote in a Maori only electroate.

I am a registered maori in NZ for voting purposes, but have no maori blood. The system is easily fooled people.

My brother is Canadian so I must be too.

As to the chinese family heritage.. well a niece speaks Mandarin, does that mean I am Chinese too now?