Forum upgrade in progress! ×

Real-helmets New "ozzy" Model

GungaDin

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

It's arrived & very different to the GJ-603.

Lower profile and a perfect fit. Looks more like a jet pilots lid, a la 'Tiny Tom' Cruise.

The visor is not as deep as the GJ-603 and the green visor is essentially a half visor operated by a small "lever"

on the left side of the lid. Press a red button adjacent, and the green visor vanishes.

Have to be careful not to smile or laugh while riding, you could end up with a mouth full of bugs. :)

Packaging was excellent. EMS stamp showed a charge of 100bt..... robbing b*stards....... :D

NO DOT sticker. Maybe later? Weight 1Kg. Does not feel heavy.

Will certainly buy direct again.

Hi GD

Now you have had your helmet a while are you still happy with it?

I was in Pattaya last week and saw an Ozzy size XL in white.

I tried it on and it was comfortable but the guy wanted 2,600 baht for it os I passed and waited until I got back and chased up this thread.

Cheers

Bill

I'm Very happy with the Real lid.

Comfortable and light.

I don't think twice about putting it on, even for the 1 km ride to the 7-11 :D

Bill, order it direct from Real.

Jubby, I'll let you know if/when I kiss the pavement.

I'm Very happy with the Real lid.

Comfortable and light.

I don't think twice about putting it on, even for the 1 km ride to the 7-11 :D

Bill, order it direct from Real.

Jubby, I'll let you know if/when I kiss the pavement.

Thanks GD

Sigh another job to do asap. :blink::ermm:

What about my retirement?

Lower profile and a perfect fit. Looks more like a jet pilots lid, a la 'Tiny Tom' Cruise.

The visor is not as deep as the GJ-603 and the green visor is essentially a half visor operated by a small "lever"

on the left side of the lid. Press a red button adjacent, and the green visor vanishes.

Have to be careful not to smile or laugh while riding, you could end up with a mouth full of bugs. :)

Packaging was excellent. EMS stamp showed a charge of 100bt..... robbing b*stards....... :D

Hi GD

I tried it on and it was comfortable but the guy wanted 2,600 baht for it os I passed and waited until I got back and chased up this thread.

Cheers

Bill

All Mittyon shops stocks them,and if you lucky they even want to sell you one :D ,and also the shop on the corner of south pattaya road and soi korpai.They have them priced at 1900 baht.

Hi GD

Cheers

Bill

All Mittyon shops stocks them,and if you lucky they even want to sell you one :D ,and also the shop on the corner of south pattaya road and soi korpai.They have them priced at 1900 baht.

Thanks for that info.

Unfortunately I live in Central Thailand and was only in Pattaya for a dirty weekend ;) but I went on the Real website and pulled off some addresses by postcode or telephone prefix and I will be down that way next week.

GD suggests emailing/calling them and if I can't find one locally that is what I will do.

Pattaya was Ok ish but not somewhere I am likely to go back to for another few years. :bah:

Lets be realistic folks, in a high speed crash it probably won't matter what helmet you have on...your probably sh1t out of luck. And in Oz, try like he11 to avoid the cheese grater if your family wants to have an open coffin funeral.

024858.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Real Helmets retail distribution channel is just about non existant.

You can get a full face helmet at Dirt Shop for 6500 baht that is a very good compromise.

Does an Ozzy model provide chin protection? Absolutely not because it's a 3/4 helmet. The visor is weird & takes some getting used to. Nothing to keep the sun out of your eyes either.

Real Helmets retail distribution channel is just about non existant.

You can get a full face helmet at Dirt Shop for 6500 baht that is a very good compromise.

Does an Ozzy model provide chin protection? Absolutely not because it's a 3/4 helmet. The visor is weird & takes some getting used to. Nothing to keep the sun out of your eyes either.

Not sure where you are looking but i seen quite a few shops "out of town" stocking real helmets. I got one myself right in a shop here. I scratched my Visor after a few month and ordered a new one online( http://www.real-helmets.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&category_id=4&option=com_virtuemart&vmcchk=0&Itemid=4&product_color=GJ-998&product_id=20 )...took a few days and i had it sent with EMS. I do have a full Face helmet from them which is very nice and for the pricerange of their full face helmets from 1400-2400 thb it is sure a decent price.Their Helmets are DOT tested .

I agree a open face helmet does not offer chin protection thats why i ordered full face helmet. But as openface helmet the Real ozzy is quite nice...i might get one myself.

Tiger/Sachs Club - Mbox

Edited by Tigersachsclub

Real Helmets

I'll post a picture of the full face I bought for my wife.

BTW I would only use the Ozzy to run to the grocery store.

I have HJC helmets for the road.

I personally am not buying any helmet sight unseen ergo I want to test the fit for myself.

Dirt Shop has a nice selection of helmets.

Actually i do want the open face helmet for short drives for longer rides i guess i will stick to Fullface helmets.

I do like the HJC Helmets too, they have some good stuff and i find their price vs quality/safety very decent too .

I did try my Helmet also in the shop but for the next one ( if within the same brand) i would order online as i know what size fits me. The Real-helmets online shop has the full variety and the shop has only some of the selection. need to say that i am 240 km northwest of Bkk , in the "semi-sticks" :-)

happy trails,

Tiger/Sachs Club - Mbox

I'm also a big fan of HJC- the hjc-hq1 that I'm using now is one of the lightest best fitting helmets I've ever owned.

hjc-hq1.jpg

FYI, big sale on HJC helmets at the Paddock right now- they've got a huge selection and some models as cheap as 4000 baht! :thumbsup:

They've even got kid sizes! :clap2: Perhaps time to get the little guy a full face though he quite likes his funky Index-

121309Mir2Sm.jpg

Ride On!

Tony

IMG_1324SSR.jpg

Thanks Tony...i just checked the Paddocks website and real nice pricing/specials HJC Helmets starting from 3500THB wow.

its at paddock.co.th

happy trails

Tiger/Sachs Club - Mbox

Yeah! An HJC FG14 for 3500 Baht is a pretty amazing deal!

hjc04.jpg

Don't really need another helmet but at that price it's pretty tempting!

Ride On!

Tony

thank you very much for that most useful link.

I come to Chiang Mai on Monday on my old donkey of a Phantom, UK consulate Tuesday/Wednesday and back home Thursday.

After the consulate it is free time to get books, look for helmets and side panniers etc and pig out on farang food. :P

• 2 weeks later...

Back in post #1 GD was talking about getting some stickers/decals made but needed a translation done.

I sent the picture to my Thai teacher this morning and she came back with this translation.

1 is it close enough to the English version?

2 if it is does anybody know where the decal can be made?

DANGER!!!

DON'T CAUSE PARALYSIS

DO NOT REMOVE HELMET

UNTIL I AM EXAMINED

BY A DOCTOR

กรุณาอย่าถอดหมวกกันน็อคผมออก

จนกว่าหมอจะตรวจเสร็จ

ไม่อย่างนั้นผมอาจจะเป็นอัมพาต

Danger v2.xls

Cheers

Edited by billd766

I'm also a big fan of HJC- the hjc-hq1 that I'm using now is one of the lightest best fitting helmets I've ever owned.

hjc-hq1.jpg

FYI, big sale on HJC helmets at the Paddock right now- they've got a huge selection and some models as cheap as 4000 baht! :thumbsup:

They've even got kid sizes! :clap2: Perhaps time to get the little guy a full face though he quite likes his funky Index-

Ride On!

Tony

Hi Tony, I like the way the nose piece forms around your nose to stop fogging. Do they have a DOT sticker or Snell approval? I saw one web site in Scotland advertising them for 139 pound....what price in Bangkok?

Bild.... I really do not think its worth spending the money on the sticker. The rescue people will ignore it. If its a nice helmet they may even take it off to try it on.

ps... some rescue workers are very,very good.

Unfortantantly Some are thieving bastard vultures.

Edited by thaicbr

Bild.... I really do not think its worth spending the money on the sticker. The rescue people will ignore it. If its a nice helmet they may even take it off to try it on.

ps... some rescue workers are very,very good.

Unfortantantly Some are thieving bastard vultures.

OK but I still have the urge to try.