Does Your Thai Lady Get Very Angry Quickly Too ?

cognos

..today it was because I forgot my cel phone in the car when I went golfing, and she tried to call me 4 times..well..I got home at 730 pm ( sober, thankfully) and she was pissed off.. now its 45 minutes later, and she's as nice as can be.."teelak, you want ice cleam??"

..I do the usual..leave her alone for a while... tell her its my fault ( whatever it was that got her pissed off )

I think we all have this..Thai women have a hair - trigger temper..but their other attributes..their good hearts, their beauty, their sense of humour.. makes it all worthwhile eh??

Nope. My wife is very jai yen. That was one of the reasons I married her. If I wanted to marry a bad tempered hothead I might as well have stayed in Europe.

good on you! My wife is probably somewhere in the middle between totally jai yen and bad tempered. It can go weeks, even months without her getting mad, but she does, and she will..She knows she has a temper, gets mad, feels guilty, and gets over it quickly, thank goodness.

signed: I won't sugar coat it.

The best advice is to leave them alone for a few hours, they usually figure out that they have been a bitch to you and make up pretty quickly. It does not take much to set them off and given our predisposition to want to debate the facts in any dispute, it can escalate quickly. Best to just give them some space and wait for them to calm down.

Hair trigger and sometime over (for me anyways) small things.

Lol its like the monsoon rains, come in hard and nasty but blows over pretty quick.

She knows she has a bad temper and is trying to be more jai yen yen, especially since i told her ppl who get angry all the time usually ages alot faster.

But when I get really angry at something/someone (not her) she is usully the calm one and manages to talk me down.

Fer gawd's sake, just put the toilet seat DOWN and the cap back on the toothpaste. Is that too much to ask? :)

And, please don't throw all those frilly things hanging in the shower stall, into the laundry basket. The laundry basket is for DIRTY clothes. Those lacey thingies are already washed and drying. :D

The best advice is to leave them alone for a few hours, they usually figure out that they have been a bitch to you and make up pretty quickly. It does not take much to set them off and given our predisposition to want to debate the facts in any dispute, it can escalate quickly. Best to just give them some space and wait for them to calm down.

Just beware, sometimes revenge is best served cold! :)

Nope. My wife is very jai yen. That was one of the reasons I married her. If I wanted to marry a bad tempered hothead I might as well have stayed in Europe.

100% agree,as a couple of my mates have crazy thai wives.After 10 seconds of meeting them i would have run a mile but they decide to live together,then marry.

My gf of 6 years is jai yen too and we havent had one row in that time,not one,seems impossible to believe but takes 2 to tango

Mine has a hair-trigger temper and blows up at least once a day. It's almost funny to watch because she will find something irritating, then start to talk about it which irritates her more and she starts to pull in all kinds of other subjects that annoy her. Eventually she is so mad she is cursing and swearing and usually talking about blonde women (she believes - wrongly - that I have a thing for blondes!).

I keep fairly quiet, throwing in an apology (non-specific, just sorry!) every now and then, and eventually she calms down. Then she is sweet and pleasant for a few hours till the cycle starts again.

• Sad 1

No, my wife is very mellow, I have never seen her mad. I think the situation you explained was your fault for forgetting your cell phone, there are phones all over Thailand.

It is a common courtesy to your wife to let her know if you are going to be late, I know I expect my wife if she is running late to call me and let me know!

To respect the feelings of your wife, is one of the virtues of keeping a long harmonious life together!

I do not carry a cell phone if I am running late I call her from a public phone.

Cheers: :)

Worth it to have a love-in later on to make up for it. Maybe get some special treatment :)

Mine does blow up occasionally. When she does it takes hours to get her to stop mouthing off. That is when I take her to her mothers. That soon shuts her up. I leave her there and let her mother give her he_l. I go to the pub and refuse to answer the phone. Makes her wonder what I am up to and who with :D

Next day all is fine and dandy again. Wonderful things - women.

I'd not trade mine in for anything.

I have no problem, and most of the Thai women I know are very balanced.

A thai couple live on the next floor up in my condo. She is really volatile, stubborn, demanding, even frightening. She has smashed furniture, smashed the windsceen of their car, and more.

The way she talks to her Thai husband, her teenage children, the condo staff would frighten most people.

The Thai husband just ignores it and gets with whatever he's doing.

When she's really angry she does things like park her car in places (within the condo grounds) which cause severe problems for other people, can't get their car out etc., etc. If another specific condo owner upsets her then she has to have revenge and she'll wait several weeks if needed to get her nasty revenge.

But let's be honest, you can find this picture in any country in the world, male and female.

Christ,

Phil's the only one that's got it right! If i wanted to put up with an old, naggy bitch, i could find one of those more easily than a Starbucks in Seattle.

My Thai g/f pulled that crap one time and only one time. I told her if she gets mad at me, I don't want to see it again, go do something and cool down. She said, "Ok maybe I not talk u one week." My reply was, "Some other lady will." In other words who the f do u think u are?

That shut her up real quick..... I don't know if she's ever ben mad at me again... ignorance is bliss... :)

In the past, in America, I had at times, shamefully acted like some bungling idiot and on occassion had apologized just to to keep the peace, though i had done nothing wrong...... lesson learned....

Never again...those days are long gone... My balls hang low... again ... we both know it and it feels great... i'm not abusive towards her, just firm, following natural dominant/submissive laws of nature and she loves me to pieces. :D

Midas...can you phone/text/pm me every morning when my brain farts and i forget your wise words and start debating <deleted> is the problem now and it quickly

escalates into WW 3 but as yet with no WMD luckily :)

Reads like Midas has been here long time and is experienced with his tiger...

Newbies sit up and pay attention....

I think my wife has been very angry only once or twice the last 8 years.

The only thing that gets her upset is if I come home late.

Not because she suspects I am up to something no good, but basically because she doesnt like me coming home late.

This even when I tell her exactly where I am and whith whom (so she can check it up if she wants to).

Christ,

Phil's the only one that's got it right! If i wanted to put up with an old, naggy bitch, i could find one of those more easily than a Starbucks in Seattle.

My Thai g/f pulled that crap one time and only one time. I told her if she gets mad at me, I don't want to see it again, go do something and cool down. She said, "Ok maybe I not talk u one week." My reply was, "Some other lady will." In other words who the f do u think u are?

That shut her up real quick..... I don't know if she's ever ben mad at me again... ignorance is bliss... :D

In the past, in America, I had at times, shamefully acted like some bungling idiot and on occassion had apologized just to to keep the peace, though i had done nothing wrong...... lesson learned....

Never again...those days are long gone... My balls hang low... again ... we both know it and it feels great... i'm not abusive towards her, just firm, following natural dominant/submissive laws of nature and she loves me to pieces. :D

No dreamers on the internet then :)

Yo big man, like a doberman on the keyboard bet you're a poodle when at home with ya loved one... :D

it's OK to get pissed off...I rather that than keeping it bottled up...it's violence that I will not tolerate, against anyone in the house...other than hurling deliberately inaccurately aimed objects on occasion there haven't been too many probs in 10 years of marriage but she can be a bit harsh with the kids...but they still love her to death so who am I to complain?

Don't want to upset the lady forum members but PMT isn't just in farang land. Understanding it and timing it becomes a necessity for a peaceful life together. No detriment to the ladies, it's nature. :)

PMT is not called"the curse" for nothing!

My mrs is usually calm, after 12 years of marriage I can count the times she has lost it on two hands (that's where the defensive scars are :) - just joking). When she looses it though, wow does she. She hit me over the head witha lamp once - and it was her that had done something wrong and was argueing defensively, but run out of excuses! Heavy lamp too! She also threw a framed photograph (brass - behind glass) which just glanced me as it made a nice divot in the wall behind. Its the only two times she has got nasty and we were going through a difficult patch at the time (9 year mark). Now she dotes on me again, but still tells me off (in a nice way) - for being the untidy lazy git I am.

One thing to always watch out for though is pointing out anything her family has done wrong - even if its true and needs to be said, she always jumps to their defense against me (in private),m often completely illogically - but I also know she then goes and has a go at them too (also in private).